good hip hop

I'm sorry...it's weird...but everytime I hear Lil Wayne's new shit I can't help but think of Jay-Z and, strangely enough, Peedi Crakk...Jay-Z off of obvious swaggerjack...but with some of Crakk's flow and def. the whimsical topic jumping.

But I just like PC so much more...

Since '99...

5dF-oGbxD48

I got whores that'll fuck you in every way possible

Drawers 'round ya ankles, raw up in ya nostrils

Anyways...speaking of "sample sharing"...another classic...I think this was '02:

LHmHO7ADk9Y

but I guess he did a video last year just to do it.

I should just make a Philly Gutter Lyrical Shit thread...some cats out there don't play.

DL Incognito has been getting constant play, sick sick album

wayne made me want to jump under a bus

Kidz in the Hall was allright despite the crappy single

NERD was allright when pharrel didn't rap. something about the sound I like, some nice beats.

still have one more Stimuli tape to go through

anyone check out Wale's mixtape yet?

just dled it a couple days ago.

i didn't want to give him a chance

cause i lumped him in my head with hypebeast hipsterhop.

he's nice tho.

kills it every few lines.

didn't really think anyone could go over d.a.n.c.e

he lurks right

is the new nerd out? or just a leak, if thats the case someone pm me where to get it.

i ran into dl incognito at the atmos show two weeks ago. im not such a huge fan but i gave him props for not sucking.

nesk on the new roots album: how can you make such incredible material and yet still suck so hard when your not killing it. half of every album is pure classic material and then everything talib gets on is pretty much equivelent to taking a steaming dump on the mic. i might stop buying your albums because of your shitty guest appearances. please do the filtered drums and heav bass/synth thing while black thought raps his face off without breathing for a whole album, thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
Alirght tarts, admit hiphop acceptable to a whiteboy hardcore loving Brit who finds shit like Atmosphere and Subtle largely acceptable... (and don't be obvious and say Aesop, El-P etc).

GO

No offense to you but these are the dudes ruining my scene.

Ok, all offense to you and your ilk.

No offense to you but these are the dudes ruining my scene.

Ok, all offense to you and your ilk.

Not for nothing...if by scene you mean "the underground non-def jux backpack hip hop"...I don't know what to say...other than there is no scene anymore. THe whole shit is a bunch of fuckin' hipster electro dance/hot topic punk cutey pies who either want to be beat poets, 90's house music stars, or make entirely futile attempts to be the next overnight myspace major label discovery mixed with west coast lyricists who have tired deliveries and can't flip a rhyme pattern more complex than AA, BB, CC, DD...

Blame Rawkus, blame the internet, blame Anticon, blame surburbia, blame Def Jux, blame Canada, blame Cali Agents, blame Living Legends, blame Marc Ecko, blame backpacks, blame Lyricist Lounge, blame major label deals, blame yourself.

If you didn't mean THAT scene...and just meant "Hip Hop as a whole"...I apologize...but shit's still fucked. The "scene" is an industry...the culture only exists in older minds it seems.

I think everything needs to explode and start from square 1 again...like some type of white label press your own vinyl revolution...or osmething.

I guess it was just the 'recommend me something for my white bread taste' thing that made my eyes roll deep into the back of my head.

This is the mindset that results in shitty watered down albums and akward concerts with the out of place white boy sitting in the back mean mugging the MC and audience just trying to have fun.

Just listen to the music my ninja. Take it all in and then decide whats white enough for you and what isnt. Heres a recommendation:

Jurassic 5.