good hip hop

Funny tidbit, Skyzoo's DJ made the mistake of playing Lil Wayne's "Hustler Music" or whatever that shit is before the set...let's just say this was a REAL NYC crowd of mostly cats who were over 25...basically made it very apparent to the DJ that we're not hearin' that trash...VERY apparent. Drinks/bottles were about to be thrown.

Lol...reminds me of that footage of Lil Wayne in London not to long ago...except it actually popped off this time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0Hnjyppmik&feature=related

^^Wait, did he just cancel the whole show cause he got hit in the head with a water bottle?

If so, what a diva pussy. What part of the game is that? Did some water spill out the bottle and ruin one of his magic marker face tatts or somethin? Poor guy.

Apparently, he's come a very long way from writing raps on 9 milimeters...at least that time it was a bullet from his own gun that caused him to stop whatever he was doing.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlzTHtS_sMw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlzTHtS_sMw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

To all of you "AMillie" fans...I'm not one...but I like this video cause Peedi kills it and the fish do too.

bC-SjfIGSoc

For those who don't know...it's a Philly mixtape rapper remix...Gillie and Bump J are from Major Figgas and Meek Mill is some cat who's been doing verses for those street DVD's like HeadShotz and what not...just got signed by T.I. to Grand Hustle...eh.

The verses from the other's aren't actually that bad...Meek has some pretty cool wordplay/lines referring to Beat Street. All in all, Philly has much better "no names" than anywhere else I'd have to say...this video is kind of evident, though GDK, Bump J, and Meek Mills aren't really my thing. They get old after a while, since they, like the rest, start to sound alike with the punchline street battle raps...but some cats are incredibly original and it's a shame they won't blow passed local hood shit.

Got some more Philly shit if you want...new State P related shit.

Okay semi-new SP shit...probably posted already...to start off:

Chain Gang - Live In Effect

http://www.zshare.net/audio/99599205da7034/

Chain Gang - Ocean's Seven

http://www.zshare.net/audio/9787079dd176f2/

Unrelated...but yet still related...new Roscoe P Coldchain...

Woooow. Coldchain goes in dissin' Beans...he's second. That would be a good battle...or gun fight.

http://www.zshare.net/audio/1193926916c2558a/

Seriously, ROscoe is beyond slept on to me...love Beans as one of my favorites, but 'Scoe is tough as shit.

heBAY: Styles is one of my favorite rappers....top 10 atleast, but I dont really know a damn thing about the dude. Do you know of any good interviews with him available online? Weird question, but I thought Id ask.

This new stuff is wild too. Thanks for the links.

...since I'm vising my parents I'm gonna go dig through my box of old Source mags to see if I can find anything.

on an even more random tip, wtf was the science behind the holiday styles pseudonym?

Yet to leak but gotta say, despite the cover, im kinda hyped on this, can't knock the guests and production line-up although im surprised theirs no Lawrence or beantown presence

2722708128_6d63bfff02_o.jpg

1.) Its Time (Produced by Easy Mo Bee)

2.) Watch How It Go Down (Produced by DJ Premier)

3.) Respect My Walk (Produced by Buckwild)

4.) Hood Shit f/ Prodigy of Mobb Deep (Produced by The Alchemist)

5.) Float (Produced by Nottz)

6.) Please Don’t Go (Produced by Nottz)

7.) How We Rock f/ Bun B of UGK (Produced by DJ Premier)

8.) Drugs Crime & Gorillaz f/ Sheek Louch & Freeway (Produced by Nottz)

9.) In The Streets f/Lil Fame of M.O.P. (produced by Hi-Tek)

10.) So Amazing (Produced by DJ Premier)

11.) Sorry I Lied (Produced by Large Professor)

12.) We Killin Ourselves (Produced by Pete Rock)

13.) The Chosen (Resurrecting The Game) (Produced by Havoc)

heBAY: Styles is one of my favorite rappers....top 10 atleast, but I dont really know a damn thing about the dude. Do you know of any good interviews with him available online? Weird question, but I thought Id ask.

This new stuff is wild too. Thanks for the links.

...since I'm vising my parents I'm gonna go dig through my box of old Source mags to see if I can find anything.

Definitely. Styles P is from The Lox...a trio that has been around since the mid-90's from Yonkers, NY. They were first on the mixtape grind as The Warlocks on some youngness...then Puff snatched them up during the whole shiney suit Hype Williams '97 era on Bad Boy...they then jetted from the label (literally jetted) and got signed to Ruff Ryders by around '99 and made the incredible We Are The Streets album...along with some ridiculous tracks on the Ryde Or Die compilations. Around 2001/2002, they started a crew and label called D-Block...and basically crushed shit on the mixtape scene. That crushing apparently is still going on today.

Check youtube and allhiphop.com for some video and written interviews with SP...plus there's a slew of recent mixtape tracks he made videos for (I think it was for the Cutmaster C shit...The Come Up DVD series).

For one of the best early, pre-RR/D-Block Styles P verses, check Black Rob's first album for "Can I Live"...features all three of The Lox...but SP's shit is ridiculous on there.

Why the shit did I just type all of that?

on an even more random tip, wtf was the science behind the holiday styles pseudonym?

Damn I used to know this I think. I can add that the "P" in "SP" stands for "Paniro" which is a combo of "Pacino" and "Deniro."

Also...that Terminology album, though I'm not quite a fan yet...but don't dislike what I've heard neither, looks like a damned good listen due to the production creds.

Definitely. Styles P is from The Lox...a trio that has been around since the mid-90's from Yonkers, NY. They were first on the mixtape grind as The Warlocks on some youngness...then Puff snatched them up during the whole shiney suit Hype Williams '97 era on Bad Boy...they then jetted from the label (literally jetted) and got signed to Ruff Ryders by around '99 and made the incredible We Are The Streets album...along with some ridiculous tracks on the Ryde Or Die compilations. Around 2001/2002, they started a crew and label called D-Block...and basically crushed shit on the mixtape scene. That crushing apparently is still going on today.

Hahah son...I know this. I was looking for some personal insight into the man that is Holiday Styles. We Are The Streets is going on RIGHT NOW.

Thanks for the quality uploads though.

^^ I have the first two jawns...the first one held me down a whole summer.

Never got Part 3, but I'm sure I can pretty effortlessly.

I also have the first and second and maybe third mixtapes from each of the other members.

Hahah son...I know this. I was looking for some personal insight into the man that is Holiday Styles.

check out if you find a short interview he did with hot97, kind of random but funny, I dont think I've seen him so enthusiastic before. "mostly the humans like styles p".