good hip hop

That said, the net is the newest form of artists being able to get exposure. Times have changed, and old avenues of artists pushing their music aren't as useful as they used to be. But, I do agree that many an artist try to spam their way through the industry by bombarding sites/blogs/people with their music. But in the end, even that weeds out some of the wacker musicians. The information/music is just fed to the consumer/listener at a faster rate than it was in the past. It's a double edged-sword.

Again, I'm not sure if y'all have heard of this person yet either, but this Diz Gibran character is mad decent...

http://www.myspace.com/dizgibran

Is that the same moonshine that produced VG Skillz back in the day? This guy sounds very similar to Zilla.

Is that the same moonshine that produced VG Skillz back in the day? This guy sounds very similar to Zilla.

Not sure tbh, but the production is on-point...

anyone got there hands on this yet?

PB009LP.jpg

what is this? i cant imagine a bad record having cover art that kick ass.

ry - black milk was actually performing and putting out singles before he was getting large daps online. he didnt break into the upper underground until popular demand dropped, he had an ep and some 12s before that. he also proteged for dilla and toured with d12. his grind was street level, not myspace.

un - i of course have accepted that the net is best marketing tool ever for an aspiring recording artist. im not anti technology, i just hate when effective methods become trumped by shitty ones. you cant find a rapper whos coming out right now who is doing shows, releasing physical singles, and hittin radio before they are signed to a major/blowin up the mixtape circuit. people are famous before they drop albums, and i think its wack. look at jay electronica. dude played his first stage show two years after i heard of him. what the fuck is that? how you gonna be semi famous and date erykha without being able to rock a crowd.

everything is backwards. kids are getting on then paying dues after. i aint havin it.

what is this? i cant imagine a bad record having cover art that kick ass.

this is "Ras G" latest project Ras G & The Afrikan Space Program ... i'm guessing from the album art he has a big influence from Sun Ra, who was a famous jazz musician who says he use to receive messages from outer space.

NESK - i haven't heard the release yet, but i've heard one of the tracks from a 'Flying Lotus' mix and it was f**king dope. check out some of his stuff at his myspace.

or here's a little sample ...

fB1WCM6raBQ

un - i of course have accepted that the net is best marketing tool ever for an aspiring recording artist. im not anti technology, i just hate when effective methods become trumped by shitty ones. you cant find a rapper whos coming out right now who is doing shows, releasing physical singles, and hittin radio before they are signed to a major/blowin up the mixtape circuit. people are famous before they drop albums, and i think its wack. look at jay electronica. dude played his first stage show two years after i heard of him. what the fuck is that? how you gonna be semi famous and date erykha without being able to rock a crowd.

everything is backwards. kids are getting on then paying dues after. i aint havin it.

lol @ the bolded! I understand what you're saying about the process being seemingly backwards though.

dont know if i heard it. i remembered being pumped for a new album of his, but i never got wind of anything.

Then that was probably it man...I never listened to it, the aforementioned single kinda' put me off lending an ear to it.

wheres this news from? would be a shame to not see them live ever again, but dudes definately need a break. they average about 4 nights off a year or somethign rediculous like that.

edit: went to OKP and it looks like they are retiring from touring to be jimmy fallons house band when he takes over for conan. im all for them getting a less stressful gig but i cant support anything in any way related to jimmy fallon. this is balls.

wheres this news from? would be a shame to not see them live ever again, but dudes definately need a break. they average about 4 nights off a year or somethign rediculous like that.

edit: went to OKP and it looks like they are retiring from touring to be jimmy fallons house band when he takes over for conan. im all for them getting a less stressful gig but i cant support anything in any way related to jimmy fallon. this is balls.

Well, damn @ the bolded.

Extra source:

http://nahright.com/news/2008/11/15/video-the-roots-announce-retirement/

not new per se but most of this stuff has never been released before

absolutely worth listening to for anyone who likes nas, so many illmatic-level verses on there that ive never heard before and many unreleased beats including some from premo

Nas - Please Listen To My Mixtape

Thank you.

anyone got this one ... The Beach Boys vs Dilla! by Bullion

up-pet_sounds_lrg.jpg

Bullion

"Pet Sounds: In The Key Of Dee"

Ever since Danger Mouse fused the Beatles and Jigga Man for
The Grey Album
, any album is as vulnerable as a gazelle on the African plains. Few of these mash-ups deliver the quality that such an idea promises, but Bullion, a DJ from Acton, England, has transformed the Beach Boys' classic 1966 album into a whole new masterpiece. With beats taken from Jay Dee's massive collection, Bullion doesn't use all of
Pet Sounds
per se, falling in and out of the original, while filling the rest with diverse arrangements and various covers. In its brisk 25 minutes, there are plenty of moments where it sounds like something entirely of its own, thanks to Bullion's baby-butt smooth mixing. It's another outstanding tribute to the late producer, and "god only knows" Dilla would have been up for a bootleg as inspired as this.

Highly Recommended

follow this link to download