good hip hop

Enough said. Both are good IMO. It's fucked up to say but Kanye losing his mother and girl has fueled him to make such a personal and profound album. Also maybe because I can relate to some of the lyrics as I am going through bs with my ex now. :(

As far as Luda I have always liked his delivery but the beats I've heard from this has taken his shit to another level. Anyway both copped on Tuesday.

Kanye album rules, but Luda album rules far more.

thats from the new street fighter mixtape for the anniversary of alpha.

its got heiro and mad other people on it. will never be as good as the soundtrack for the van damme film adaptation. pandemonium by pharcyde was my jam. and the video for hammer ft dion sanders is the biznizz, buhlee dat. dions dancemoves were slammin. i put that album up against judgement night and marked for death as the best 90s soundtracks for garbage films.

speakin of slammin dancemoves, de la soul is dead got a vinyl rerelease and its making my dick hard. this album runs my life.

New EPMD leaked:

Interesting release, if it wasn't for Skyzoo, 9th Wonder and a couple of cultural references i could swear this was recorded in 1999. Not a criticism necessarily and it stays true to the EPMD sound, nice cameos from Meth, Red, Rae, Keith Murray and Skyzoo. Need some production credits though, which tracks did Scratch do?.

i really dont know how i was ever feeling brother ali. hes crazy mediocre these days. sounds like a kid doing a rapper impression.

always felt Ali, saw him live this fall and didn't dissapoint

new Common leaked, had a few solid tracks, not bad imo. will have to give a better listen.

200px-Common-universal_mind_control.jpg

yeah ali does it for me alot more live than on record. i saw him open for j live before shadows and he was really energetic. i slo saw him open for atmosphere back when all he had was his demo tape, he was good enough for a 4 song set. i just find him really boring now. maybe i fell out of love with all those underground dudes who never really advanced their craft much after the scene imploded. few made it out of that with much integrity, i suppose.

i heard one joint off the new common and i think ill skip this album, too. finding forever hinted at him reaching black eyed peas level fluffiness and the kanye track that leaked last week leads me to beleive that UMC is gonna be the nail in the coffin.

Guest NAWNSCENTS

Luda's new album is good. Damn good. Sad to see it didn't sell well during its first week..

As for Universal Mind Control.. I'd definitely place it around where Electric Circus is, and you know that can't be too high up.

dude....

the roots album is the hardest thing out this year. wheres your head at?

Most generic production I've heard from them, it sounds like everything else out right now.

Going to see them live tomorrow though, I expect all their tracks to sound better than the album.

god damn the new e-40 cd is terrible. he even managed to turn a track with a bun b verse to shit.

only good songs are the two first ones. "the ambassador" is identical to "yay area". another digable planets sample on the beat, similar synth, identical rhyme scheme, but the hook isn't as good.

im on one is good only because i anticipate the baseline to motivate lots of underage girls to put videos of themselves dancing to it in underwear on youtube.

Common's new joint sounds too experimental. I want another "Like water for chocolate."

yeah i'm not sure why hip hop artists (or musicians in general) like rjd2, kanye, common, dj shadow keep thinking they have to reinvent themselves. sometimes it's just good to produce good stuff over and over again.