good hip hop

For those who've asked about Nujabes/Fat Jon; I thought it's worth mentioning another Japanese artist by the name of Michita. He's had a few releases the last little bit titled One, Two, and Three. I haven't yet gone through Three, but One and Two are solid. One is mostly just him, Two is collabs with vocals layed over.

Google around. I also have his first lp up on my server-

It might be kinda weak to ask this question here, but has anyone else heard the new mixtape from Drake yet or any of the other two that he released of the past two years?

I've been listening to him for the past couple of days and can honestly say that he has decent flow and lyrical skills. In an interview it stated that he was once rumored to be a ghostwriter for Lil' Wayne.

Man of the Year off his mixtape The Comeback is defiantly his strongest track so far.

^ Get POS's new album; has been getting really positive reviews.

I'd also add:

- Drake's new mixtape

I also wanted to mention too, that yes this is the kid in the wheelchair for Degrassi.

It might be kinda weak to ask this question here, but has anyone else heard the new mixtape from Drake yet or any of the other two that he released of the past two years?

what... it was just discussed above?

and fuck a drake. are kids really not over this garbage yet. I guess theres space for him if weezy moves to some autotune fucktardness.

oh... and padded room leaked.

padded-room.jpg

i hope this is the correct thread.

i've got this friend right? black guy, raps, wants to be able to rap to make a living, i think. lyrics are kinda stale in the sense of them being typical battle raps with some good punchlines. he knows how to flow, has a sense of rythmn but he's just a bit too typical battle rap with no real identity or anything unique.

today,i tried to tell him that he needs to find something unique that he can bring, an identity. he kinda got offended/frustrated and went off on what exactly i meant and does he need to be "wild like busta".

how do i explain that it takes more than dope lyrics to be great? should i even bother or is it one of those "you either have it or don't" situations? i'd really like to see him get better.

"he don't got it"...

if he doesn't understand what you're saying...and on top of that, he gets offended...he needs a career with a salary...or maybe he can ghostwrite...but I doubt it.

plus, as you noted, he's black...who the hell is black these days?

i hope this is the correct thread.

i've got this friend right? black guy, raps, wants to be able to rap to make a living, i think. lyrics are kinda stale in the sense of them being typical battle raps with some good punchlines. he knows how to flow, has a sense of rythmn but he's just a bit too typical battle rap with no real identity or anything unique.

today,i tried to tell him that he needs to find something unique that he can bring, an identity. he kinda got offended/frustrated and went off on what exactly i meant and does he need to be "wild like busta".

how do i explain that it takes more than dope lyrics to be great? should i even bother or is it one of those "you either have it or don't" situations? i'd really like to see him get better.

sounds like a touchy subject. if he does indeed sound typical, try getting together a mix of other dudes that are bringing his exact same stuff to the table. maybe even make hints that he sounds just like these other guys. if he doesnt get it, then he must be content to be where he's at, though he'd be hard pressed to make a living when he sounds just like anyone else

friends should be there to push each other but all the talent in the world isnt enough to make a player, it takes direction and passion

I don't agree with the whole friends should be there to try and help unlock the true talent concept. It's 2009, no one should have to be pushed unless they are crazy ill but in a fucked up place in life (i.e. thinking that robbing and selling massive amounts of narcotics is the best choice for "steady" income...see Philly's scene).

Otherwise, you're just feeding the delusions... and we don't need anymore of this disposable/interchangeable, famous on the internet, "i'm an mc too", XXL MVP issue, sap sucker talent.

Straight up and down...tell money to go to school for graphic design or advertising/marketing or some shit. There are too many rappers.

goin 2 see esco on fri; should be dope

show was FUCKING TERRIBLE

nas killed it, obviously, but it was the deadest fucking crowd i've ever seen (and bear in mind i used to live in dc)

and you can't blame it all on the devils - there was a row of black people in front of us with their hands in their laps the entire time, including for 'made you look', which should get you your black card revoked

he also didn't have any type of hype man, which didn't help

btw he was wearing 19cm-esque jawnz but sized way up, a la kanye/lupe

damn shit done changed...

nas needs a hype man. not like 30 niggas screaming bravehearts and shouting over his verses, but someone to finish everyother line cause dudes breathe control is horrendous. as much as i like him i would never go see him live unless he swore off smoking blunts for months before touring. i hate when rappers cant get their lines out.

who got that new blu mixtape that was streaming off his myspace? links dead now, but shoot me the .zip file if you caught it. wanna peep.