good hip hop

50 is worse. it doesnt help that he doesnt have a line worth remembering. luckily tony yayo has nothign better to do these days then spit the last two word of whatever 50s talking about.

ohsnap: please report for reppage. thanks for the hookup.

Saw Nas in NYC a couple years ago at Nokia Theatre ... was one of the livest shows I've ever seen. The place blew up when Mega came out.

Foxy came out too. Bravehearts showed up, including Horse. Affirmative Action and Oochie Wally was performed.

Checking out the new Capone N Nore and MF Doom tonight ... let's see if any of this is good.

The new Doom is excellent if, like me, you were waiting for some production he could really attack. I think that Dilla, Madlib and whoever else found Dooms REAL niche with this one. Plus, its got Rae on some old Wu shit...

I haven't checked out the new CNN but I'm anxious to do so, I think. I wish they could just remake the War Report over and over but that time has passed. It will be interesting to see what you have to say about it.

nas needs a hype man. not like 30 niggas screaming bravehearts and shouting over his verses, but someone to finish everyother line cause dudes breathe control is horrendous...

A-FUCKING MEN. The always-overly-dramatic live version of "ONE MIC", anybody? Kid needs a set of Janet Jackson circa Rhythm Nation knee pads for dropping down on the floor so many times on tour (maybe homo)...

ha...perhaps...I saw him at Irving Plaza back when I was going to shows once a week (when there were GOOD shows that frequently)...and it was during the Badu phase...him AND Badu were breakin' on stage at one point.

Plus, I liked his first post-Badu studio album, Be...a lot. Haven't heard this new one. But either way, I can't say the same for "post-Takeover" Nas...

^Where is the new Doom at?! I had a hunt for it this morning to no avail. I think the album release is 24th but I'd love to have a quick listen to any sort of pre-release or leak. Feel free to pm me :P

:eek: ||||||| :cool:

it's funny the shit u guys talk about nas and common........

this is how i've always perceived them. i guess i

understand more now (nostalgia) but growing up i never understood how people thought they were worthwhile

understand more now (nostalgia) but growing up i never understood how people thought they were worthwhile

common has 3 albums that are brilliant and some great moments after where you kinda dont think he doesnt completely suck until you hear the rest of his newer shit.

nas has 3 great albums and moments that convince me hes actually the savoir he purports to be. but hes confused and too inconsistant to standby.

both are dope 70% of the time. but both have put out copious amounts of questionable material and have terrible stage presence. to be fair, common used to put on a great show, where i doubt nas was ever really able to rap outside the studio.

like water for chocolate and the lost tapes give them enough cred to fuck around as much as they want, i guess. i still buy every nas record because i know hes gonna kill at least 3 tracks. i dont fuck with common anymore but i still love his old jams.

Like Water For Chocolate... ay? That was the one before Electric Circus right? With the Primo track? If so, that was the album he was promoting when I saw him live. Killed it.

I have to check that one...slept on it.

that primo beat might have been of one day itll all make sense. i dont remember. but like water for chocolate was produced by the soulquarians (i think thats how its spelled) which was a collective including ?uestlove, dilla, and some other famous contributers that may have includided q tip and d'angleo on a minor level. i think they did both the albums i just mentioned, actually. which is to say the vibe of these records is amazing.

the primo beat you're talking about is 6th sense with bilal on the hook from like water for chocolate, one of my favorite albums. the whole record is amazing with dilla and ? doing the production

Exactly.

One Day It'll All Make Sense was still NO I.D./Dug Infinite...and a few others (I would guess ?uestLove also, since there'sa Roots collabo)...that is, if my memory isn't fucking around with me.

yeah, you right.

speaking of no i.d. i got an album of his from the early nineties and kanye is all over the credits. pretty cool to see that ye was in the studio even back then. thats a pretty good era to get mentored in.

is young buck still bitch status?

i just ran into 'let me in' on youtube and remembered that it's secretly the hottest club banger of the past five years

oh, and kayo just did a tape with john fucking mayer

he's dead to me (not that i ever really gave a shit)

i don't get it, though, because wikipedia (where i go for all my rap music info) tells me his next record will still be on the g unit label

was the shit just manufactured? or is that a stupid question?

and fwiw i can't blame the guy for crying like a bitch

it's easy to sit back and judge but if you think your money, career, and possibly your life are about to be taken from you...

it's a goddamn shame i just repped you

btw all this 50 talk made me dig up 'realest killaz'

forgot about that one

i kind of wanted to pretend it never happened, but the pac verse on there =

:eek::eek::eek:

i think i just switched teams from biggie to pac

1 perfect album and a few great mixtape tracks

dont even care that/if cormega ghostwrote the album

dunno about common