good hip hop

the fuck, did kanye swallow Autotune? while there might be some good production there, it still sounds like a mess of badly sung vocals which are covered up shitty effects. I praised Graduation when it came out and still think it was dope regardless of a few misteps, but this is just fucking brutal. I don't think I can even skim it through a second time. I'm sure it will sell like mad but he still fell off BAD.

Ludacris sounds alright, digging the Primo track, and the last one was dope.

bumping that new EV, halfway through and its solid. Better than that other bullshit Decon be dropping at the minute.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFONOet8pgk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFONOet8pgk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Yancey boys is sooo good.

88 Keys Death of Adam, gave this a listen, LOVE the J*Davey Dirty peaches track, just excellence....

In regards to GZA, missed him in LND, and missed Ghostface too it seems.

Did manage to catch the amazing GOOD Showcase at Kanyes afterparty, was pretty much hip-hop heaven, nearly died when nas came on, too much!

Anyone else listening to Bobby Creekwater? Just discovered he released a free EP which can be found on his myspace. For those who don't know he pretty much reminds of B.O.B, only better. Apparently he's signed to Shady/Aftermath but I suppose he'll get dropped as all their other artists. Here's a taste:

YVqYWlF7wNA

someone put me up on that 88 keys of death. i watched a vid on okplayer cause hes got a buzz. is all his shit on some lo fi recorded my vocals in a rusty tin can type shit or did i just watch a silly track? couldnt make out the lyrics for shit.

Kanye's album is solid.

So is Luda's.

Enough said. Both are good IMO. It's fucked up to say but Kanye losing his mother and girl has fueled him to make such a personal and profound album. Also maybe because I can relate to some of the lyrics as I am going through bs with my ex now. :(

As far as Luda I have always liked his delivery but the beats I've heard from this has taken his shit to another level. Anyway both copped on Tuesday.

aint new no more, but the recession is fucking awesome. jeezy is definitely the best rap star out now. no doubt other dudes can come up with better punchlines but this dude can make ANTHEMS.

such a good listen after kanye's mediocrity.

the new Sky High mixtape is really enjoyable though. reminded me how much better kanye is when he doesn't try to sing.

someone put me up on that 88 keys of death. i watched a vid on okplayer cause hes got a buzz. is all his shit on some lo fi recorded my vocals in a rusty tin can type shit or did i just watch a silly track? couldnt make out the lyrics for shit.

seems like most of his own vocals are eithe tin canned or 1990's-telephoned. kind of wack, but all other lyrics are regular. Close Call with Phonte is dope, and I much rather listen to that Kanye track over anything on his own album.

shit was good from the start. "Morning woo-oo-ooood..."

I'm liking the new CNN track, The Argument.

Me too.

http://videos.onsmash.com/v/l7de3pr3KdqwTpUI

Sick Video, nice Styles feature too, that means he's gonna be on the new album most likely.

I think this is their only path back to any sort of relevancy. Acknowledging their differences and datedness, and moving on, but with a solid classical sound.

this NASA album sounds pretty good. got tom waits and kool keith on a track, ghostface with the cool kids, a kanye appearance, krs w fatlip and slimkid 3, and karen o ft ol dirty. its either gonna be the best album ever or the most epic fail of the milennium. should be fun either way.

aint new no more, but the recession is fucking awesome. jeezy is definitely the best rap star out now. no doubt other dudes can come up with better punchlines but this dude can make ANTHEMS.

such a good listen after kanye's mediocrity.

the new Sky High mixtape is really enjoyable though. reminded me how much better kanye is when he doesn't try to sing.

damn you're late, talking bout kanyes old album when his new one has been out on the net and drops today in stores. And Sky high mixtape is old as fuck

Kanyes new album is amazingly deep and way beyond my expectations, definite robocop today.

Chamillionaire - mixtape messiah 5 is goin hard too! way better than any of his most recent shit

been keeping my fingers crossed for a vid for this track, i dont know why seeing as in this fucked up blog age it was inevitable.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aJYMYRMprY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aJYMYRMprY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Me too.

http://videos.onsmash.com/v/l7de3pr3KdqwTpUI

Sick Video, nice Styles feature too, that means he's gonna be on the new album most likely.

I think this is their only path back to any sort of relevancy. Acknowledging their differences and datedness, and moving on, but with a solid classical sound.

Yeah, I like the concept of the song. They seem to both be hungry enough to drop something worthy of ears, after mostly disappointing fans with their solo releases.

I'd love to see these dudes perform The War Report in NYC.

Does anyone listen to Trife (from GFK's camp)? He's an MC that I was really into a few years ago, but I haven't heard anything new from him in forever. Anyone know if he has released any tapes recently?