good hip hop

because its a played out gimmick (mashup albums) between an artists whose legacy should be preserved rather than milked (dilla) and some dudes whose music im indifferent to (beach boys).

i dont need to hear this to know how bad it sucks. its all right there on the shitty cover art.

I don't want to sound like a Japanophile, but I really love J-Hip Hop, but I'm talking more of the instrumental stuff, here's a sample of what I'm talking about:

And

I love instrumentals.

Is that Nomak joint off Calm? Been a while since I listened to the album but I know it was really dope. Also Himuki had a great album last year, well worth checking out. Samon Kawamura album is really dope, other jap shit to check from 2008 is Kondor and Shingo Suzuki.

I usually don't like people beastin over all these japanese producers as a lot of them actually aren't that interesting, just keeping to the same formula as good ones which is different from a lot of western world hiphop and therefore gets hyped. Some of them are really dope though.

Talking instrumentals my favorite this year must be Fat Jon though. That shit is dope as hell.

Also, the newly leaked Ludacris joint produced by Preem is dope. That Everybody hates Chris ain't half bad either. He might actually come correct on this one.

Some random more or less dope shizz:

Idle Warship - Black snake moan

The Clipse - Road to til the casket drops (intro) ... from their upcoming mixtape

Alchemist, Kid Cudi, Blu & Evidence - Therapy

Alchemist, Pusha T, Snoop & Jada - Loose your life ... this video is fucking off the hook

Evidence & Defari - Don't hate ... yet another video from The Layover

B-Real & Young De - Don't you dare laugh ... where the fuck did this come from?

I don't want to sound like a Japanophile, but I really love J-Hip Hop, but I'm talking more of the instrumental stuff, here's a sample of what I'm talking about:

And

I love instrumentals.

i got up on samon kawamura not too long ago. translations and unfold are dope albums.

fat jon's repaint tomorrow is a great instrumental joint. i love these beats:

i just got 2 of his older albums but haven't listened yet.

i'm currently playing Count Bass D's L7 and Cyne's Pretty Dark Things. both are solid.

damn, and i thought that birthday girl song was kaka

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RxlJSvk_6I&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RxlJSvk_6I&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

anyone check that new kanye and luda? shits got leaked as usual

Got Kanye's album this morning. If you like Love locked down then you'll be blown away from by the Album. It sounds like no hiphop or R&B album on the shelves. Kanye has really produced something unique here, this album is an instant classic. Sales are going to be mad as the album will also attract those who generally don't listen to rap. I love the drums playing in every single song.

Got Kanye's album this morning. If you like Love locked down then you'll be blown away from by the Album. It sounds like no hiphop or R&B album on the shelves. Kanye has really produced something unique here, this album is an instant classic. Sales are going to be mad as the album will also attract those who generally don't listen to rap. I love the drums playing in every single song.

Dont think so. The four tracks that are worth listening to again are streetlights, coldest winter, say you will, and heartless. The other tracks are blehh.

Dont think so. The four tracks that are worth listening to again are streetlights, coldest winter, say you will, and heartless. The other tracks are blehh.

even for the meh tracks i thought that the drums kicked ass for the entire album... i just get this feeling when i listen to kanye sing that even i can sing better than him

Kanye's album is solid.

So is Luda's.

I like Kanye's mainly because it's mostly not rapping. Moreso him just "making music" how he want. A little over the top w/ the Vocal Machine thing, but I do like the 80s sounding beats.

Luda put out the album that Jay-Z should put out but keeps refusing to.

This is the first Luda album I've actually heard. pretty decent i think. Def like how Jay starts his verse like MC Shan