good hip hop

sure its rap and not really hip hop per se...but i fucking LOVE T.I. Best commercial shit to come out of anywhere in a long loonnnnng time. Every track on King is a ball, and his new single is pretty killer too.

puhlease can we stop having a separation from rap and hip hop? hip hop is a culture and idea-set and rap is a type of music. i just don't like hearing "well this is rap but not hip hop" it's just disillusioning.

for what it's worth, i do like t.i. even though i don't understand half of his slang.

i haven't been on anything new really except for ghostface killah... a bit old now but the hidden darts 3 mixtape was good, fishscale and more fish both had some good songs, and anticipating 8 diagrams and only built 4 cuban lynx 2. new method man was disappointing.

Mike Lowrey: if u feel up to it, i will send you any record you cant find where you are, and you can send me mark ronson. deal? i can find almost anything, new or old.

Dude you should buy that Mark Ronson. That album is selling utter shit, and it's fucking amazing. It deserves to be platinum, and instead that dude can't even make back a fraction of the costs.

isn't that a given nowadays?

seriously i listen to 36 chambers and even tical had some good songs and think "damn... from this to 4:21?"

edit:

make some recommendations of modern stuff for me, someone

stuff I like: big l, wu-tang, j dilla, diamond d, public enemy, the beatnuts, percee p, madlib, etc.

I guess Im one of the few people that didnt hate 4:21. There were a few good tracks - I loved Walk On. If you want oldschool Wu type shit you need to listen to Bronze and Civalringz.

Tical is classic. I got that shit on vinyl. I've been meaning to check out 4:21, but I never got around to it.

Nice, I need to find a shop with good hip hop vinyl. The stores I've been to usually have nothing good in the hip hop sections. Only Wu vinyl I have is 36 Chambers, More Fish because it's easy as fuck to find, and various singles.

I'd kill a man for Return to the 36 Chambers

36 chambers just got repressed and its dirt cheap around my way, i grabbed it for 14.99 cdn which is half what an lp usually costs in toronto.

althought theres more cred in having an OG press, most of the first run wu stuff is on shitty wax. loud were some cheap fuckers i guess. the new one is better methinks.

ignore the fact that this video is just a picture montage made by a fan, and listen to how fucking awesome this song is

wE2rh4raGj0

fuck that ayo for yayo track, i wanna hear dre dog rapping about jamming drugs up his nose and bangin tricks.

i really fucking hope you're kidding with this.

i'm pretty sure you are, but at the same time i could see it true.

well, maybe not good in the classic sense of the word, but awesome in the lets get fucked up on a tuesday with our friends on a park bench kind of way.

oh, and i can't stop listening to project pat's "Raised in the Projects".

once again, not exactly "good", but awesome none the less.

mike : i love you for that but i meant sending me the lp cause its impossible to find someone who stocks it in canada. the cd is everywhere, but i want wax.

hmm why not just order it from somewhere? amazon and cduniverse for example have it as an import, play.com in the UK has it as well, dunno if they ship to the US.

kind of odd though since I understood that it was released everywhere but most US stores dont have it.. :confused:

i think Gym Class Heroes are good.

anybody listen to them ?

So I got the last Gym Class Heroes album and it opened up with a phat rap track with some singing, then it de-evolved into this mish mash of shit that just didnt work. I like the current single they have though, and that 80's type dance track on the album.

I guess I just wish they were all rap.

^^Fab's album was horrible IMO except for the songs that were on the radio like brooklyn and make me better. There were no real suprises, almost every good song is played out already b/c of the radio. But i do agree that commons album will be one of the best of the year along wit Kanye