good hip hop

TI VS TIP is not good, there some dope tracks, but about 1/4 of the album is actually dope. King was a lot better.

Talib Kweli new album: Ear Drum is pretty solid. He got some good production. Not RE days, but still worth some spins.

Purple Haze is fucking classic, I dont care what anyone says.

Peep Cam's earlier work Confessions of Fire and SDE is dope as hell.

MUST DOWNLOAD IS D-RUGS. One of Cam's best tracks, and one of the best storytelling tracks ever.

Juelz first album:From Me to You is dope.

They have too much mixtape material to list. A lot of their shit is horrible, but a lot of it is also dope as hell.

Some random shit to check, most pretty recent:

Nas feat Xzibit- Life Unpredictable, I dont know if this is new or not, but I just got it, and it has Dre on the beat, and its bananas.

Skillz feat Freeway- You Don't Know

Little Brother-Good Clothes

UGK feat Outkast-International Player's Album

Masta Ace-Nostalgia (GET EVERY MASTA ACE ALBUM-He is underrated as hell)

Looking foward to Weezy's new album, tha carter 2 was too ill. New Common, sounds good so far, Kanye will probably be very solid as usual.

this guy knows what's up... but devin the dude? i've never heard any of his stuff other than spots on other songs and he seems like a joke... is he actually good?

when i saw guilty simpson he was just unreal. check him out at a show if you have the opportunity

i think i'll skip that one. i'm so sick of backpack rap.

hahaha. yeah people dont realize how much of an artist devin the dude is. workign with the likes of rafael sadiq, q-tip, too short, hi-tek, the roots, scarface, and many other solid consistant artist, he has a very unique versitile yet soulful contribution to hip hop. he is considered REAL southern hip hop. not that bubble gum shit i cant stand. sure his content is a little off the board but he makes some really good music. more of an aquired taste though. always consistant with his style which made him iconic underground. no different from how much madlb talks about smoking lol

o and I saw Guilty at the chrome childen tour when they stopped in Baltimore. GEEZUS!!! that right there stamped him as my current favorite. i wish he would drop more shit. guilty has this raw talent i love. real grimey like shit.

Black Milk album is CRAZY sick.

Just picked up Pharoah Monchs "Desire" Bananas and has 2 tracks on the CD produced by Black Milk. 1 by Alchmist, Mr. Porter, etc.

havnt been through the whole thing but lyrically so far. 9999999.9

Masta Ace-Nostalgia (GET EVERY MASTA ACE ALBUM-He is underrated as hell)

so ill.

anyone know when 88Keys ablum droppin?

cant stand backpackers either. in saying that.

J-Dilla - Make'em Envy

"backpackers try to confuse it, cause niggaz is icey aint got nothing to do with the music"

Talib Kwali&Madlib - Funny Money

"stop listen get the gwap gwap, my kids cant eat my love for hip hop"

for all you backpackers out there. they gotta eat to.

Everybody needs to look into wale (wah-lay)

When I first found this dude it was everything that I wanted to hear that I couldn't find on the radio. Theere's a link below to download one of his mixtapes, he's rapping over some of the most famous hip-hop instrumentals and a couple original go-go ispired tracks definately worth checking out...

here's the link for his mixtape

http://www.zshare.net/download/wale-paint-a-picture-zip.html

hahaha. yeah people dont realize how much of an artist devin the dude is. workign with the likes of rafael sadiq, q-tip, too short, hi-tek, the roots, scarface, and many other solid consistant artist, he has a very unique versitile yet soulful contribution to hip hop. he is considered REAL southern hip hop. not that bubble gum shit i cant stand. sure his content is a little off the board but he makes some really good music. more of an aquired taste though. always consistant with his style which made him iconic underground. no different from how much madlb talks about smoking lol

o and I saw Guilty at the chrome childen tour when they stopped in Baltimore. GEEZUS!!! that right there stamped him as my current favorite. i wish he would drop more shit. guilty has this raw talent i love. real grimey like shit.

Black Milk album is CRAZY sick.

Just picked up Pharoah Monchs "Desire" Bananas and has 2 tracks on the CD produced by Black Milk. 1 by Alchmist, Mr. Porter, etc.

havnt been through the whole thing but lyrically so far. 9999999.9

so ill.

anyone know when 88Keys ablum droppin?

cant stand backpackers either. in saying that.

J-Dilla - Make'em Envy

"backpackers try to confuse it, cause niggaz is icey aint got nothing to do with the music"

Talib Kwali&Madlib - Funny Money

"stop listen get the gwap gwap, my kids cant eat my love for hip hop"

for all you backpackers out there. they gotta eat to.

YES! Black Milk , and the Monch albums are fucking excellent. Kinda funny I think Dilla is loved by backpackers - is the term 'backpack' even relevant anymore? As far as Im concerned backpackers turned into Southern Rap fanboys. Anyway, with regards to your previous list, i was getting at the fact there were pages of some solid discussion and you just popped out a list. But what-ev.

The new Talib is pretty good too, but his flow gets boring.

i just went to see tortoise. although not exactly hip hop, id recommend veryone whos into breaks or funky hip hop to check them out. i grabbed a record there that some of the band members put out and its all drum breaks. its on stones throw and distributed through fat beats and i imagine i will hear these beats on some great rap records in the near future.

these dudes were insane live. two guitars and two drum sets plus a bunch of random instrumens thrown about. no musician stayed on a certaiin instrument for longer then 3 songs, they rotated and everyone got to play everything. it was excellent.

i really have fallen out of love with hip-hop recently, but its still my favorite genre, i cant stomach guitar music for too long. every time i go to the music store i buy old school shit and unless it has ghostface on it, nothing recent. im gonna try to get back in but damn teh influx of whack shit is getting really grating, im gonna have to re-read most of this entire thread to get new leads. sorry rant over.

i dont even know if it is grime but its very UKish. i dont even now how to describe what i mean by that but it was incredible anyway. and totally unlike anything ive heard out of the states, ever.

i never really liked any of the grime stuff i heard a while back but i loved this video.

whoa whats the deal with Jay Love Japan? sandbox says the release has been "delayed indefinitely"..

on a side note, I was a bit underwhelmed by Eardrum at first, but now that I've listened to it a few times I'm really feeling it. "Kicking niggas out the club like Michael Richards" :P

heres the video for More or Less incase someone hasn't seen it:

JHIGKOpefBw

someone posted a video in the summer jam thread by roll deep. it was insane. check that and im sure it will lead to alot of good new stuff that hasnt hit north america yet. i was very into it.

I listen almost exclusively to grime these days and I'm a happier customer than when I was at Amadou's mixtape stall twice a week.

whoa whats the deal with Jay Love Japan? sandbox says the release has been "delayed indefinitely"..

on a side note, I was a bit underwhelmed by Eardrum at first, but now that I've listened to it a few times I'm really feeling it. "Kicking niggas out the club like Michael Richards" :P

heres the video for More or Less incase someone hasn't seen it:

JHIGKOpefBw

That album is a huge fuck up. Dilla intended it to be an instrumental, he died and all the rapeprs jumped on it. Some label bought the rights and they were supposed to release it this year, but it got leaked online. They pulled back the release date, changed some of the songs to circumvent the bootleggers then delayed it indefinitely.

Long story short - get it online.

^i still like the album.

yes it got leaked but most of the album is "instramentals" for the exception of the Say It featuring Taraach (then the instramental at the end) and First Time featuring Baatin. both did there thing on both tracks.

releasing under label: Operation Unknown

shits still ill in my opinion.

does anyone have any info on 88 Keys album that Kanye mentioned on his mixtape?

sampler from Finding Forever (6 tracks): http://download.yousendit.com/2F103E056953E16A (fixed)

Misunderstood

I Have a Dream

The People

The Game

Southside

Black Maybe

loving it so far.

tracklist:

"The Game" (Produced by Kanye West) (featuring scratches by DJ Premier)

"The People" (featuring Dwele) (Produced by Kanye West)

"Black Maybe" (featuring Bilal) (Produced by Kanye West)

"A Dream" (featuring will.i.am) (Produced by will.i.am)

"I Want You" (Produced by will.i.am)

"Southside" (featuring Kanye West) (Produced by Kanye West)

"Driving Me Wild" (featuring Lily Allen) (Produced by Kanye West)

"Break My Heart" (Produced by Kanye West)

"Start the Show" (featuring & Produced By Kanye West)

"Misunderstood" (Produced by Devo Springsteen)

"Forever Begins" (Produced by Kanye West)

"So Far To Go" (featuring D'Angelo) (Produced by J Dilla)

"The Myth" (Produced by Jeff Akins)

"Peace and Love" (Produced by will.i.am)

"Baby Don't Think About It" (Produced by Kanye West)

on SF, some guy posted saying that ghostface's best rhymes were during wutang.. am i the only one who thinks this is absolutely bonkers? it's not new hip hop, but i needed to know whether or not i'm fucking crazy..

His bars on Forever are some of my favorite.

Aiyyo strongarm that kid right there with wavy hair

Billy Johnson, snatched him out his whip in Times Square

Took his Pumas, nameplate, dude lost weight

Summer eighty-eight, started a fight, that can't wait

Ask Dorothy, same kid pussy up in Marcy

Blazin that Chad Rossi, up in the Marquis

He lost like a hundred ounces, Jake rushed his houses

Had him on the porch, ass no trousers

The souped up, individual stuff, the new stuff

Same kid cryin on the stand with Judge Cuffner

Kissed him with art num it's three to nine style

Before he left he flashin his face like Denzel