good hip hop

I'm loving Forever, no surprise though.

only thing I would've wanted, a track like The Game to not be the one released in advance, thats the type of track I wanna hear when listening to the whole album and go OH SHIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEET.

edit: scratch that. Forever Begins works for me. MAD CHILLS.

Not sure if you guys got this yet, so dope. The track with bilal is amazing, track with lily allen is dope and wil.i.am did a good job on one of the tracks. The whole cd is damn good. I've been waiting for this for a very long time....

Finding Forever:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VMDWTUFJ

i dled it and it was a sean price album.

anyway of getting common?

Guest scruf

the thing i dont like about hip hop in main stream is that the life spand of music is 2 weeks tops. and everyone seems to be cashing in on "good beats" with wack lyrics. i mean what happened to a timeless hip hop song? in the last 3 years in main stream hip hop can someone name me a timeless classic?

how do I know if something is timeless if its been a couple of years? I agree that theres significantly less dope mainstream hip-hop then there was 6, 7 or 8 years ago. but theres still good stuff being made. Eardrum and Finding Forever just dropped, two very very good albums.

what goes for straight up classic albums, you're right, there really hasn't been anything truly great. out of popular artists, I think Kanye West is making close-to-classic hip-hop, I have a feeling College Dropout and Registration will be appreciated many years from now.

i agree but where do you think hip hip will be in 5 to 10 years? do you think it will remain as a main influence in pop culture ?

I think this might've been discussed, or maybe I was talking about it somewhere else.. I think it will probably remain as an influence, but I also think its pretty close to peak right now.

the problem I see with hiphop at the moment is that its being pushed into a standard mold which leaves less space to creative music, or artists that make music from their heart, artists that have lyrical skill and respect everything thats hip-hop.

take a look at Joe Budden for example, I'm bringing him up cause I've always liked him. his record company was trying to push him to make jingles and gimmicks for his album, which resulted in him going and releasing tracks independently on a tape. its a mixtape among a thousand others, but atleast he spits out of his heart on every track.

but as mentioned good music is still coming out, hell, thats why I made this topic and thats why its busy.

Everybody has been asking that same question for the past 5 years. The only answer I have is look at who is putting out an album in the next 6 months:

Rakim, Saigon, Terminology, Cormega, AZ, and Raekwon.

Do you still think hip hop is on its downfall?

Term and AZ will drop in the next six months, the other four have been "putting out an album in the next six months" for over two years.

Term and AZ will drop in the next six months, the other four have been "putting out an album in the next six months" for over two years.

I read somewhere that the shit about Saigon not being able to get his samples cleared is almost over.

And after seeing a recording of Wu-Tang playing live in Stuttgart this month with everybody there (except ODB obviously :() I have no more doubt in Raekwon.

You're kinda right about Cormega and Rakim though. Cormega has been putting out lots of tracks though, he did one with Hell Rell that was quite cool and he was on another track with AZ and one other guy, forgot who. He has said that he will not leak any tracks from Legal Hustle 2 just because he wants the whole album to be new when it comes out.

I also wouldn't be surprised if a real Wu-Tang album came out in the next 12 months.

Cormega has been putting out lots of tracks though, he did one with Hell Rell that was quite cool and he was on another track with AZ and one other guy, forgot who. He has said that he will not leak any tracks from Legal Hustle 2 just because he wants the whole album to be new when it comes out.

Where'd you hear that track with Hell rell? He comes with it sometimes, I'd be curious to hear what they two of them cooked up.

Been waiting on a Mega album for too long. Luckily he has a stellar back catalogue to keep me listening.

listened to it through, couple of pretty gully beats there. overall nothing major imo. as an album I liked Monkey Barz more then Jesus Price and this sounds more like the latter.

Bye Bye was the shit, khrysis killed with that beat.