good hip hop

sean: cant beleive you werent into rage. thats crazy. my brother said he was in the pit for the first 5 tracks then he was too dehydrated to go on so he faked fainting to get carried out by security. he said that 5 songs was the best music experience he could ever hope for in life and that it was worth waiting up front for 6 hours of acts he wasnt interested in just for that 20 minutes of chaos.

my other brother gets back from nyc today, he'll run down the other acts more for me.

how was the felt set? just their joint stuff or did they do any atmos material?

yeah i dunno, im not a huge rage fan to begin with and me and my friends got there at like 1, so by 10 we were all just too beat to care anymore. pretty much everyone else seemed REALLY into it tho, there were a lot of people there solely to see rage, which i thought was kinda weird.

and plus, we were at the small stage all day so by the time we went over for wu tang, the closest we could get without blatantly pushing people out of the way was fucking half a kilometer away from the stage. but it ended up being good cuz apparently it took people like, 3-4 hours to get out of the park and off the island after rage.

felt was amazing, they did a bunch of the collabo stuff but slug did god loves ugly, modern mans hustle, trying to find a balance, and that new track i posted up a few pages back, and murs did some solo shit too. and after it was over i bummed a smoke off ant and made small talk, theyre putting out a new album/coming to toronto in the spring. ant is my new hero, haha.

overall it was a dope show, free water + rockstar helped me stave off death by dehydration, and new york is still definitely my favourite city

the new UGK is fucking HOT. They've been killing it for so long I think this album will finally get them some real recognition.

Thanks for the Wayne track, UN. I'll have to download that new UGK too.

Rock the Bells sounds like it was a good time, I've seen most of those acts already but have really been wanting to see Cage. I missed his show in NYC last summer and am still pissed about that.

The new blockhead LP's pretty tight... not as great as Music By Cavelight but still strong...

l_8d538415d6baabf62f6cc2799e68f2377e6.jpg

The new Percee P joint is pretty solid as well. He's flipped his delivery. Slowed it down a bit. Madlib's beats are amazing as always... still wishing for that Lootpack LP...

perceep_perseverance.jpg

Good lookin out, but you should just send the DL links to everyone that wants them through a PM. Minya and the mods are pretty hardcore about download links in the forums.

Oh ok, next time I'll know better...

un

that track was not produced by Dre. More Fire produced the track.

yeah def gotta cop the Percee P joint. slowed down though? so unheard of...

so, I know we have been off the topic of common and his album but I figured out why I dont like it.

I HEARD MORE THEN HALF THE ALBUM BEFORE IT DROPPED!!!

good hustle said it best. Black Maybe is the best track on the album because its the only track i havnt heard two months ago. eveything else i heard or is just way to fucking mellow.

"Be" was WAAAYYYYY better!

DJ Premier Mixtape "Inside lookin out" i copped from Reed Space (random)

solid mix...cept 1 song.

Redman feat. Biz Markie, Erick Serman, & Kieth Murray - Walk In Gutta (sooo dope for you Def Sqaud fans out there)

Skyzoo & Torae - Click (rediculous track)

Big Twins feat. Prodigy - In The Smash

Blaq Poet & NYGz - N.H.B. (Nigga, Hoe, Bitch)

Killer Mike - Thats Life

David Banner - K.O. (his production is crazy)

stumbled upon my space boogie album. Any Kurupt fans out there?

The new Percee P joint is pretty solid as well. He's flipped his delivery. Slowed it down a bit. Madlib's beats are amazing as always... still wishing for that Lootpack LP...

perceep_perseverance.jpg

How'd you already hear the album? I heard it's coming out on September 18th. I really liked his feature on champion sound. Dope dope dope flow.

the red is very serious on the beat. the rhymes not so much though. but i have a soft spot for weak raps over redonkulous head nodders so its on like voltron.

I agree, its not lyrically genius but it works.

check this:

20070720NSKY_400a.jpg

1. Intro

2. Ride Out (prod. Ron Browz)

3. The Paper (prod. Illmind)

4. Get It Done (feat. Torae) (prod. DJ Premier)

5. Hold Tight (prod. Black Milk)

6. Cop-N-Go (feat. Maino & Stimuli) (prod. 9th Wonder)

7. Straighten It Out (prod. Pete Rock)

8. Close Reach (feat. Nina B)(prod. Madlib)

9. Like A Shotgun (prod. Waajeed)

10. Play Your Position (feat. Guilty Simpson) (prod. Black Milk)

11. All Over The World (prod. M-Phazes)

12. Bragging Rights (prod. Khrysis)

13. You Already Know (Remix) (feat. Sean Price) (prod. 9th Wonder)

14. Click (feat. Torae) (prod. DJ Premier)

15. Ghetto America (prod. Hi-Tek)

16. The Bodega (prod. 9th Wonder)

17. Never Sleep (prod. Illmind)

18. They Don’t Want It (feat. Torae, Yatta Barz & Zeqway) (prod. J. Dilla)

19. My Element (prod. T-Ray)

20. Outro

d-load: http://www.sendspace.com/file/9h7134

this is my soundtrack right now. what the phuck is up with the production, these have to be some of the best credits ever on a mixtape :eek: I like Skyzoo, dude sounds pretty sharp, one of my favorite new guys.

"One for the honey

two for the biddies and pretty cars

three for hennessey, Dilla beats and Biggie bars

I rap better than, whoever you got your paper on..

on my kick game like Savion

put it together, theres nothin better

so they call me the flow-a

but yall dont get the message

till your check dont show up"

this is my soundtrack right now. what the phuck is up with the production, these have to be some of the best credits ever on a mixtape :eek: I like Skyzoo, dude sounds pretty sharp, one of my favorite new guys.

There's some vintage beats on there though. Off the top of my head I can only remember the Dilla production which is a beat from the recent Visionaries LP. It's a pretty dope tape anyways, especially the Premier tracks.

Anyhow, anyone heard the new Raheem Jamal LP? That's a pretty dope record right there, exclusively produced by Raydar Ellis. The new Access Immortal album, American Me, is pretty dope as well. Especially if you're into that semi-conscious music.

Ooh, first post. congratulate me. :rolleyes:

dude at the record store was trying to put me onto guilty simpson. ive never heard of him accept from peopl on this board dropping his name. lowrey, if you have a track of his you think is really exceptional, throw it my way cause im ready to check him out.

btw, the new beastie album is nothing to sneeze at.

Mike, thanks for that link. It's nice seeing Mphazes and Illmind alongside Premo, Pete Rock, Dilla and Madlib...such a great overall line up.

And have you guys heard of the Black Milk double album that was put out earlier this year? Is it any good? I was thinking about getting that the last time I was at the record store, but I wanted to hear some reviews first.

that black milk was pretty solid, but kind of passable at the same time. the beats are pretty spectacular but not in a fresh way, if that makes any sense. and the rhymes are very meh, but compliment the beats so it kind of works. the only thing that keeps it from being great is that theres alot of generically "dope" records out that are equal to it or a smidge better. but dope is dope i guess.

that black milk was pretty solid, but kind of passable at the same time. the beats are pretty spectacular but not in a fresh way, if that makes any sense. and the rhymes are very meh, but compliment the beats so it kind of works. the only thing that keeps it from being great is that theres alot of generically "dope" records out that are equal to it or a smidge better. but dope is dope i guess.

I agree, to be honest I didn't listen to it that much at the end. sounded allright, but didn't hold my interest for that long.

lowrey, if you have a track of his you think is really exceptional, throw it my way cause im ready to check him out.

I've actually been digging his feats, on dillas tracks as well. skyzoo track is pretty dope though. check this: Quilty Simpson - Man's World (produced by Dilla)

his delivery is pretty sick on that Chrome Children track, Clap Your Hands. beat is pretty gully.