good hip hop

how you like me now - lil wayne (carter 3)

la la la - lil wayne (carter 3)

i used to hate this motherfucker, but im so strangely attracted to him now... there's talk of ghostwriting but... i doubt it

I forget which mixtape it was, but one Wayne lyric hit me like a train the other day:

"These girls want to fuck like I'm them and they're me"

I don't even know how I feel about him, except I like it and want more.

Woulda been better with more Slick Rick...

With all due respect, Chamillionaire did well on his verses, not to mention the premise behind the songs/videos are above-average as well. His emceeing was good, the flow was good, the concept was good, the lyrics were on point, the storytelling was the type to pull you in, he was ballsy for making this a single and making a video for it, he actually got Slick Rick on the song, etc.

Even though now that I think about it, the song is simply an extended version of that Jay-Z verse on 99 Problems.

yeah.

i miss dave chappelle greatly.

cham did good though.

a lot better than i expected.

I thought you were talking about the song at first lol...

i dont know if this has been mentioned before, but has anyone heard Mr. J Medeiros' new cd Of Gods and Girls? Im lovin this. i cant find the torrent, and it seems like along with Chin Up Chin Up's This Harness Can't Ride Anything, it'll be the first cds ill be purchasing in a while.

ahh man. i saw the roots last night and although they played without quest, it was totally made up for when maceo and posdnous came out. after playing a few de la tracks they brought out lupe.

that was awesome. it almost makes me not hate lupe.

ehh i don't know.

i dont' agree with his choice of beats most of the time.

but his lyrics are far from bland.

hes better than a lot out.

plus his pretending to skate is a lot different than "skateboard p".

i saw lupe kickflip. i think i just saw pharrell ride around in a mini ramp.

to me anyway.

but i'm drunk.

I think of Lupe as Nas without the street cred or commercial appeal. He definitely has the tools to be a noteworthy rapper, but he needs to put out material that doesn't only appeal to backpackers or 'skate kids.' I did catch his live show once, and I thought he was pretty entertaining, so I'm pulling for him to become more than a niche rapper.

I think of Lupe as Nas without the street cred or commercial appeal. He definitely has the tools to be a noteworthy rapper, but he needs to put out material that doesn't only appeal to backpackers or 'skate kids.' I did catch his live show once, and I thought he was pretty entertaining, so I'm pulling for him to become more than a niche rapper.

I think we discussed this atleast once in this thread, but I like Lupe, his stereotypical appeal doesn't bother me. I know a lot of people who listen to him for his intelligent lyrics and wordplay. I dont find it worth arguing with anyone who doesn't like his shit, I'm just happy listening to him. but of course I wouldn't mind him appealing to more people.

just got Finding Forever and Desire in the mail, these have to be two of my favorite albums so far this year.

dont know if you guys seen this, but heres the video for The Game

PzSpynvL9N0

Com is wearing a raf simons hoody, btw :)

finding forever is alright. i think my indifference about the album stems from the way d'angelo was totally underutilized. but have had a massive jones ofr new d'angelo so maybe my expectations were too high for a guest spot to live up to. kanye has some good beats on the album, but i dont feel like common is doing anything new over here. i dont fault him ofr that because hes blowing up and has alot of fans to cater to now, but it leaves alot to be desired when someone with his potential gets formulaic.

i went to rock the bells nyc

it was fun

but there were way too many people at the main stage. i spent 99% of my time at the small stage, right up in the front. it was ill.

best performances: cage, felt, blueprint, immortal technique

worst (well, i didnt give a shit): rage against the machine, epmd

ugly: doom didnt play the first day and i almost cried, sad clown bad summer 9 was $15 for 5 tracks

anyone else roll?