good hip hop

ugk is, as always, retardedly badass

i dont think its possible for bun b to drop a bad verse

plus, i been on some ridiculous old southern rap trip lately, that one geto boys album with mind playing tricks on me was my shit all through ireland

i heard some retarded dutch rap tonight

plus, i been on some ridiculous old southern rap trip lately, that one geto boys album with mind playing tricks on me was my shit all through ireland

You too? I've been listening to Scarface's My Homies & some Devin The Dude stuff recently...

Lil' Wayne hooks up with Little Brother, could LB's New CD Be Their Best Yet?

I caught up with Phonte and Big Pooh of Little Brother earlier this week.

Before the interview, Carlos from ABB Records mentioned that a Vibe Magazine writer felt Get Back, the group's third album, was their best yet. Carlos agreed. Damn! Better than The Listening and The Minstrel Show?

Little-Brother%28blog%29.jpg

Phonte and Big Pooh of Little Brother

A few hours after the interview, I headed to Carolines Distribution offices in NYC for the Get Back listening session.

Sha Money XL, G-Unit producer Illmind, A&R D Prosper and Skyzoo were among the folks in attendance.

It would be unfair to reach a verdict off the first listen. So all I'll say is the album sounds pretty solid. The sound still is undeniably LB, just a little revamped. Te is as lyrical as ever while Pooh stepped up a few stories on this one.

Off top, "Extra Hard" produced by Denaun Porter is my favorite. The Weezy track didn't blow me away, unfortunately. In case you're wondering how the two parties hooked up, Watch Phonte tell the story.

minute long video of Phonte babbling with mouth full of chicken

along with Graduation, I'm really looking forward to the LB joint.

awwwwwwwww fuck!

i jsut saw the video for the new twista ft. pharrel single which will probly be on twistas new album. the video is bonkers with the bbc/bape propaganda and the lyrics are pretty plastic.

but the beat... oh my fucking lord, the beat.

this is my anthem until kelis makes bossy v2.

I beg to differ. The beat's repetetive.. he's got the sound but what do you expect when you have engineers doing shit for him and preset sounds already thumpin that loud.. Doesn't look like he did much with the melody.. Chad has obviously been MIA. Just my opinion so don't hate me. Don't get me wrong, Pharrell's still my hero but in fact he hasn't been making anything new lately, just the same shit with the same give me money and bitches type lyrics. When's he gonna bring that N.E.R.D (real shit) back and stop selling out?

i remember reading that p and chad didntwant to do another nerd record because they didnt like the way they were marketed by virgin and they didnt think it was worth it.

i totally agree that the neptunes have been slippin with most of the beats theyve been throwing to bigger artists. i cant remember the last time i was really pumped about any of their stuff. p's solo was the weakest sauce ive tasted in a long time and his guest appearances have been really lacklustre for a while now.

that said, the clipse last album was really nice even though it flew under the radar. the minimal beats were kinda spacey and worked well. i always like how the clipse sound very different than anyone else they work with. and i aint mad that you dont feel the twista song. the lyrics are GARBAGE! i fucking hate twista even when he slows his shit down to a dechiperable speed. but that beat made my face explode when i heard it. even if your down on the recent neptunes shit, i think your bonkers if you cant feel that beat.

cosign on clipse hell hath no fury

beats on that were on some next level shit

WAMP WAMP , trill, hello new world

lyrically its great as well, though some of the stuff on mixtapes is better

that new twista beat aint even that hot to me, its decent but nothing mind blowing, maybe it'll grow on me

champion sounds real dope, sample is excellent

I have a question for you guys, I remember being one of the few ones actually feeling Kingdom Come when it came out, has it grown on anyone? reason I'm asking is because I've been listening to it pretty constantly, and when playing tracks like oh my god, do u wanna ride, beach chair, kingdom come, the prelude, trouble etc I cant help but to think 'how can motherfuckers NOT feel this'?

I have a question for you guys, I remember being one of the few ones actually feeling Kingdom Come when it came out, has it grown on anyone? reason I'm asking is because I've been listening to it pretty constantly, and when playing tracks like oh my god, do u wanna ride, beach chair, kingdom come, the prelude, trouble etc I cant help but to think 'how can motherfuckers NOT feel this'?

it felt like its a bit played out, nothing fresh. Just same ol same ol

I still listen to a few songs off of the album, Beach Chair, Dig A Hole, The Prelude, Do You Wanna' Ride, and Trouble...

i liked kingdom come but it was not a good record to put out as a return to the game. you cant really expect people to dig anything as hard as fade to black unless its 80 times doper. he set a standard he couldnt live up to with that one. that said, 30 something is classic.

nope still has not grown on me, i tried listening to it again the other day couple of decent tracks but over all, nope.

yeah ive been listening to alot of scarface/ getoboys recently as well. the diary is so fuckin dope, great album

Percee P's "Perserverance" and Prefuse 73's "Preparations" are slaying me right now.

and going back to CoolBreeze's "East Point's Greatest Hits" is a good look.

Godammit is Percee P out yet? I ordered the new single, but I need that full-length!

Seeing that dude live is so fucking incredible, he has amazing presence and the most insane flow ever. And he's the nicest dude