good hip hop

homecoming has a good hook , but i heard the verses years ago

besides the singles so far, the best songs are good morning, big brother, champion, and flashing lights.. the beats are nice but a little to minimalist

and drunk and hot girls is pretty bad, not terrible after a few listens, but why is that shit 5mins

the version i DLed also has bittersweet poetry with john mayer, but its the same version that was leaked several wks ago

the beat sucks now... so song ant much to write home about

big brother is kinda corny, but its at least better than drunk and hot girlssssss

I find Big Brother listenable due to the production.

Curtis is...worse than The Massacre on the first listen. Movin' On Up is my shit though...does it have the same sample as Young Jeezy's Mr.17.5? Sounds like it.

Yea well I guess some of us aren't mature enough to know what it means.

im sure the point is to not be obvious about it. as much as i like jigga, i think its weak that he uses every high profile relase to promote himself. this is why LL left, and DMX is talking so much shit on youtube.

as far as paying homage goes, theres good ways to do it. cassidy and TI owe their careers to sampling J. adn they both made good songs out of those samples. big brother should have jacked a jigga line, if only to give it a single listenable lyric. TI might have been okay wihtout bring em out but he wouldnt be where hes at now, for damn sure.

big brother is just shameless self promotion using kanye as a proxy. WACK.

To be honest, I don't even dislike the fact that he's thanking Jay-Z, but it's just not a very good song, regardless of the content.

i kind of cringe when i hear it its almost too much

"the game is foul, so heres a freethrow"

kinda smooth tho

im sure the point is to not be obvious about it. as much as i like jigga, i think its weak that he uses every high profile relase to promote himself. this is why LL left, and DMX is talking so much shit on youtube.

as far as paying homage goes, theres good ways to do it. cassidy and TI owe their careers to sampling J. adn they both made good songs out of those samples. big brother should have jacked a jigga line, if only to give it a single listenable lyric. TI might have been okay wihtout bring em out but he wouldnt be where hes at now, for damn sure.

big brother is just shameless self promotion using kanye as a proxy. WACK.

I still think its a good song regardless of if there was a better way to do it or whether it was about it was to self promote Jay.. I mean we don't really know the real intention of the song so I wouldn't make it a sweeping statement. All I'm saying is that not many rappers would go far as to write whole song about their friend.. As I said in the other thread especially someone like Kanye with his ultimate ego. Whether it was homo or not it's still a great song.

I agree in the sense that I really don't think Kanye needs to do something like that. nor do I think that Jay would want to or need to have an artist under his roster make an entire song about him, thats absurd. Kanye didn't make a song about him on Dropout or Registration, why would he do it now unless he wanted to? whether the track is wack or not, homo or not, I just don't see it being setup like that at all.

Some Shit.

Jus Allah Black Arts (Ex-Jedi Mind Tricks)

bOhCbmDtMuE

All Natural (First song is Stony Island, second song @ 2:13 is Elements of Style)

7cbKnL_CQNk

__

Damu The Fudgemunk on the MPC 2000

This cat is mad nice with it. See his other work @ youtube via dopegraffhead.

Wu-Tang Style Shit

fJFKnkbcMqk

DJ Premier "Classic" Remake

SR6WSiaZTP4

90's Biz Markie Inspired

9CZfTCiCgqQ

This is how nice he is, random sampling.

VoTXFmYr0vE

dope stuff

been listening to Graduation for a while and its really growing on me, I'm really feeling the vibe on it. Good Morning is fucking sick, kanye's delivery is ace. Champion has such a dope beat. I think he seriously stepped up his lyrical game on this album, his delivery is very sharp and consistent.

That Damu guy is pretty nice.

Yeah, he grew all-around as an artist on Graduation, although it doesn't disturb the ranks of his other albums.

The Cool is gonna' end up being the best hip-hop album this year...Dumb It Down is on some other stuff, and Superstar is great..

Dumb it Down is sick but too bad the beat sucks big time, makes it much less appealing. and the singing on Superstar is a bit overdone imo, but Lupe sounds sharp as hell. both tracks could be better for other reasons than Lu, but I definately have high hopes for Cool.

I’m fearless, now hear this, I’m earless

And I’m peer-less, that means I’m eyeless,

Which means I’m tearless,

Which means my iris resides where ears is,

Which means I’m blinded,

But I’ma find it, I can feel its nearness,

But I’ma veer so I don’t come near,

Like a chicken or a deer,

But I remember I not a listener or a see-er

so my windshields smear,

Here you steer, I really shouldn’t be behind this,

Clearly cause my blindness,

The windshield is minstrel,

The whole grill is road kill,

So trill and so sin-cere,

Yeah I’m both them there,

Took both pills, when the bloke in a trench coat

And the Locs in the chair had approach him here,

Made it clear as a ghost

so a biter of the throats, in the mirror,

The writer of the quotes for the ghost,

Who supplier of the notes to the living

Riveting is rosy, pockets full of posies given

To the mother of the decease awakened at war

Till I’m resting in peace

yea i feel yea mike. Graduation grew on me too. At first i only liked like one or two tracks but the whole thing is really listenable.

on another similiar note, 50 cent at a big boys birthday party said

if there was a 3 wack rapper group out: the three who would be on there would be:

1. Ja Rule

2. Lil wayne

3. The Game

Fat Joe would be the hype man

Kanye West would be the color

Dumb it Down is sick but too bad the beat sucks big time, makes it much less appealing. and the singing on Superstar is a bit overdone imo, but Lupe sounds sharp as hell. both tracks could be better for other reasons than Lu, but I definately have high hopes for Cool.

I don't think the beat is that bad at all lol...it reminds me of Super-Nintendo videogames, kinda' retro in nature..some people actually think the singing is what makes Superstar a little bit better.

You guys have the album already? Where can I download..

Nah, I was just stating that at this rate, from the two songs released so far, it's shaping up to be a great album.

GetBack got pushed back, to October 23rd.