good hip hop

Vast Aire - Deuces Wild 2007

Fuckin Vast. That was a waste of disk space. UGH.

Why oh why did Can Ox call it quits. Even those 'new' tracks on that live disc from a couple years back were absolutely killer.

These filler mixtapes are weak. I thought he was gonna be a mixtape heavyweight with his DIRTY MAGAZINE (anyone know if there's more than one??)... but alas it ain't the case... rehashin lines ain't cuttin' it VAST.

And to think I interviewed him last year and didn't give him shit about it.

HA.

C Rayz Walz - Chorus Rhyme 2007

CRAYZ impressed the me. Was always on the fence with him and now with this tweaked flow and better lyrics I'm gonna be lookin' out for more new material.

graduation

Just got through Graduation... fuckin hell what garbage. I'm sorry but Kanye raps like he's writing in his diary... a fuckin teenagers diary... poorly written verses... listened to the album once through and was so bored with what he had to say that I doubt I'll ever listen to it again... he's just too repetititititive... he has a nice idea "what I'm not made me what I am" (or whatever it is), ok cool, but do you have to repeat it a brazillion times???

anyone give the new blu and exile a listen?

one of my favs for 2007 so far..

Yeah def one of the better releases this year... BUT I still think the Emanon mixtapes are still Exile's best work.

Their first LP was great with deep lyrical content displayed by Aloe but as of recent, shit got a bit weird and experimental.

Still, the first LP and Acid 9 was some good stuff.

HUNT for those mixtapes... Dawn's 2nd coming...

78, just to warn you, i posted the link to graduation, and lowrey deleted my post and gave me infraction points, said we couldn't post retail album links(as if it wasn't done before).

go figure

The VAST isn't a retail album in the usual sense... yeah you can buy it... but you can also DL it from 45651651436523453 sites... he just wants his shit out there

The VAST isn't a retail album in the usual sense... yeah you can buy it... but you can also DL it from 45651651436523453 sites... he just wants his shit out there

yeah, i know it, i was just talking about graduation.

i don't really know what the problem is in posting links to retail albums, since what record companies do is kill the rapidshare links if they want to stop the bootlegging, they would never come after a fashion forum lol

it saves us the time of typing "kanye west graduation rapidshare download link", but whatever.

He did better with "Homecoming" than he did with the trashed-up version of "Hey Mama" he put on Late Registration.

I actually like "Big Brother" for what it is ("Last Call" part 2).

T-Pain IS a genius. The dude figured out how to make millions of dollars as a singer with pretty much zero singing ability. He's a clown, but I can admit that some of his songs are catchy.

"Flashing Lights", "Everything I Am", and "Good Morning" are favorites at first listen. "Drunk and Hot Girls" is easily my least favorite song.

He did better with "Homecoming" than he did with the trashed-up version of "Hey Mama" he put on Late Registration.

T-Pain IS a genius. The dude figured out how to make millions of dollars as a singer with pretty much zero singing ability. He's a clown, but I can admit that some of his songs are catchy.

copier!

but yeah.

i agree with everything.

does anyone else think drunk & hot girls could of been a new eminem song.

which is a bad thing.

Big Brother is nothing impressive compared to the other works of 9th Wonder. Their style has changed because 9th Wonder took them under his wing. The history 9th Wonder carries is pretty hard to compete with and he may very well be the reason to why Little Brother shined in the first place. I myself don't think Phonte or Big Pooh is better than Buckshot on the mic let alone Black Moon or the rest of the Boot Camp Clik. However, now that 9th Wonder officially left Little Brother I don't think we are going to be seeing them as much, especially after Get Back drops.

As for T-Pain, he's about as equivelant to a tiny 1/4th carat diamond found in the rough. The fact that Akon discovered him and they both can't sign for shit just goes to show that Akon made him what he is. They both leech off of each other in attempts to put out music that will probably get them laid by some underaged groupies in the VIP room at the club. Was it not these two that computerized their voice on virtually every track? I'm done with that.

The only question is...how do you "discover" someone like T-Pain? I'm convinced you or I, or anyone else, could do exactly what he does...sing crappily and then electronically alter it.

As for the 9th Wonder references...I was actually talking about the song "Big Brother" off Graduation. But I pretty much agree...Little Brother has never really impressed me as much as they seem to impress some other people, lyrically.

soundbomber: did you get confused as to what people were talkign about when tehy were saying big brother, cause i have no idea where your coming from on that first part of your rant.

as for the second part, akon is gettin crazy shine. hes pretty much established himself as the new nate dogg of the industry. id put him on a hook right now if i was making records. plus, dude bought a diamond mine. thats serious shit. im all about these guys getting paid redicuous sums for making garbage music because its a good reference point whenever you need to prove how shitty popular tastes are.

i know what your saying, though. it just sounds like your backpack straps are on too tight.

copier!

but yeah.

i agree with everything.

does anyone else think drunk & hot girls could of been a new eminem song.

which is a bad thing.

i feel yea man. But the outro is a gem in my opinion. Mof def is still sick to def to me... even though his acting is better then his rap now.

which isnt a good thing.

there are great songs in graduation,and i think it's a great album(not his best though, but i think it shows consistency) but some of the worst kanye songs are in this album:

Stronger - contrary to most people, i think this song is just awful

good life - T-pain...i don't think i need to say more

Barry Bonds - Boooooooring

Drunk & hot girls - i don't even know what the fuck is going on here

also, the original version of bittersweet without the flute was much much better

soundbomber: did you get confused as to what people were talkign about when tehy were saying big brother, cause i have no idea where your coming from on that first part of your rant.

as for the second part, akon is gettin crazy shine. hes pretty much established himself as the new nate dogg of the industry. id put him on a hook right now if i was making records. plus, dude bought a diamond mine. thats serious shit. im all about these guys getting paid redicuous sums for making garbage music because its a good reference point whenever you need to prove how shitty popular tastes are.

i know what your saying, though. it just sounds like your backpack straps are on too tight.

It was late and my eyes decieved me. I thought Little Brother was the topic. I didn't realize people were still talking about that garbage ass Kayne album. It's was so 5 pages ago.

So are you calling me a backpacker? Ha?