good hip hop

i'm definately feeling the good the bad and the queen. not at all hip hop, but worth the torrent.

just d/l'd Ohmega Watts, The Find from 2005..great album, dunno how I missed it. anyone else got opinions on this one?

ohmegawatts_find~~~~~_101b.jpg

also, anyone who doesn't have TM Jukes first album, Maps from the Wilderness should go get it immediately. really rich, best downtempo i've heard in a loooooong time.

TRU050_TMJUKE.jpg

whew...I didn't want to jump into this thread cause I feared I might never escape. Just read all the way through, some great stuff in here. I totally forgot about Binary Star, just dug out the LP from allllll the way in the back of the crate. That Glen Close beat still gives me shivers and Slang Blade is great, too...I love the cadence on this line...

"Now which bastard wants some acid

Corrosive chemicals casted

Spitting venom I mastered

Ran with dogs as rabid and rivers as rapid"

i bought the binary lp off one man army years ago at scribble jam. the shit doesnt even have the 4th record in it. might be a packaging flaw since i doubt four records would fit in that thin ass sleeve, but im missing glen close, wolfman jack and KGB among otehr tracks.

such a piss off.

and the omega watts is a nice little ditty. i copped on an URB reveiw and i was pleased, but i cantsay its seen much replay. might have to throw it on in a second.

yo ill send rep your way if anyone can supply some yousendits of any new mark ronson tracks.

i dont wanna pay import prices on his 12" unless i know its good. (edit: yes homo)

also, its probly not very hip hop but does anyone have any opinions on the good the bad and the queen? i think dangermouse had his hand in it and i liked the last gorillaz record. plus the clash dude. anyone heard that?

yousendit was freezing on me, heres a couple of tracks on zshare:

god put a smile upon your face

valerie

video for Just:

dYngU49mBQ8

Version isn't very hip-hop either, but personally, I consider this more hip-hop then many other crap. Ronson always has dope drums, plus many of the original tracks are ones that I like too. but yea its basically pop and rock covers with a twist.

wasn't that much into good, bad, queen, kind of boring to me. only gave it a quick listen though.

just d/l'd Ohmega Watts, The Find from 2005..great album, dunno how I missed it. anyone else got opinions on this one?

I bought it back then solely for the nice cover :P ended up being a pretty chill album, not extremely long lasting but nice though.

heres some random news I found interesting:

Camp Lo Returns to Release EP in August

New York, NY - Camp Lo, the smooth-talking, trend-setting Bronx duo, are returning to bring their innovative brand of hip hop back to the airwaves. The duo of Sonny Cheeba and Geechi Suede have teamed back up with legendary producer Ski Beatz to release their new 7-track EP Ski Beatz presents: Camp Lo...Another Heist in August 2007.

Pete Rock Announces "NY's Finest" LP For Nature Sounds

The Chocolate Boy Wonder, Pete Rock, will return with his latest full-length opus, NY's Finest, scheduled for release on Nature Sounds this summer. Following tradition of his Soul Survivor series, the new LP will naturally spotlight Pete's beats, with guest emcees rhyming over them (with Pete himself appearing on five tracks.) Focusing mostly on NYC based artists, the LP will include appearances from Papoose, Jim Jones, The Lox, Raekwon, Ghostface, Masta Killah, Cappadonna, plus additional support from MF Doom, Slum Village, Redman, and others. So far, one single has been released from the album, "914" featuring Styles P & Sheek Louch b/w "The PJ's" featuring Raekwon & Masta Killa

Foreign Exchange (Phonte + Nicolay) Working On New LP

As revealed on their MySpace Blog, Phonte of Little Brother confirmed today that the new album Get Back is 90% finished, showing a jpeg image of 12 tracks in an Itunes player, but also revealed that there's another project on the horizon. Leave It All Behind is the working title for the new Foreign Exchange LP, which will re-team Phonte and producer Nicolay. No label information has been revealed as of yet, but the last album was released on BBE, so that's a heavy possibility. Meanwhile, check their MySpace page music player for a cover of A-Ha's "Take On Me". Yes, you read that correctly.

Rakim Announces 07/07/07 Street Date For "The Seventh Seal" At SXSW

Skillz Has "The Million Dollar Backpack" On Deck For Summer; Dilla & ?uestlove Collaborating

Skillz may not release an album as often as your favorite rapper, but he's constantly kept his name in the spotlight with his collection of year-end "Rap Up" tracks. That will all change this summer when he releases The Million Dollar Backpack on Koch Records. The new album will feature collaborations with the late great J. Dilla, ?uestlove of The Roots, Khari Ferrari of Nouveau Riche, Nottz, Bink, Fusion, and Skillz himself. "It's gonna be crazy," Skillz told HipHopSite, "But every rapper says that, huh? (Laughs)" So far, two singles have been released "Crazy World" (produced by Khari Ferrari) and "Don't Act Like You Don't Know" (feat. Freeway).

the tracks are on his myspace: http://www.myspace.com/skillz

whos heard that sa-ra LP?

i passed on it at the shop cause i found something else i wanted, but i need to hear that too.

I saw them support Kanye West back in 2005. They are good. They are quite like Unklejam.

Anyone feeling Plastic Little

its suprising dabyre doesnt get more lvoe since hes affiliated with mf doom on alot of shit.

and doom is like the white-mans ghostface.

im skimmed past so much dabrye stuff just trying to keep doom out of my ears. its getting tedious.

hes talked about as a god in the smae circles that praise ghost.

shit is, i like them both, but hate hearing people talk about them both. almost ruins there music to hear them jocked so hard.

aslo, they both use comic book references non stop, have marvel skits on albums, have unique flows and senses of humour, love old soul samples, etc. the comparison is not off base.

hes talked about as a god in the smae circles that praise ghost.

shit is, i like them both, but hate hearing people talk about them both. almost ruins there music to hear them jocked so hard.

aslo, they both use comic book references non stop, have marvel skits on albums, have unique flows and senses of humour, love old soul samples, etc. the comparison is not off base.

The comic references are the only things similar. Similarity through uniqueness doesnt even make sense. The love of soul samples is 98% of hip hop.

So yeah, they both like comics. I guess.

or youre a fanboy who cant cant see the forest form the trees. if their styles arent complimentary then why are they putting a record out together? and why did doom do beats on ghosts last album?

but youre right. i know nothing.

or youre a fanboy who cant cant see the forest form the trees. if their styles arent complimentary then why are they putting a record out together? and why did doom do beats on ghosts last album?

but youre right. i know nothing.

YOU KNOW NOZING!

Dre has done songs with Nas and produced for him but they arent simillar in any way. I agree that they have the same fan boy audience but I just dont think they are simillar. There flows and content are completely different.

Shrug.

come on man. i dotn want to argue over something so inconsequential but 'hide ya face' + beats on fishscale + joint LP coming soon + marvel obsession = similar style.

im not saying one is a carbon copy of the other by any means, but i can tell you know where im coming form on this so lets just agree to punch the next kid who calls either the GOAT in the face and we'll be better friends for it. okay?

Percee P's good in short doses... I remember walking into Fatbeats in the 90s and he was outside slinging his CDs just rappin' to passerby's. Shit was hilarious.