Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Those are from fabfour(the skulls jeans people) If you look in the skulls thread there is a link to their website. It's a japanese site, but they're friendly and familiar with sufu people. I don't know what to call that color though.

i know several members have tricker's stow in acorn antique, but i haven't seen any real world pics of them, just the web photos. can anybody post up theirs? i'd like to get an idea of true to life colors, and how they look while being worn.

here is mine tricker's stow in acorn antique with leather sole and fittng 5

anyway,...i think the color goes like this from lightest to darkest

acorn antique, c'shade, marron,expresso, then black

b14df8db.jpg

DSCN5885.jpg

there were new when i take those pics.....now has been almost 2 or 3 months

i really like these here...

etonh66-img476x600-1175144623nbm-57.jpg

anyway,...i think the color goes like this from lightest to darkest

acorn antique, c'shade, marron,expresso, then black

you are correct. however, there is another color in between acorn and C shade called 1001 burnished as well.

according to pediwear:

The colours in order of darkness (starting with the lightest) are :

Acorn (a light yellowish brown)

1001 Burnished (a light brown)

Tan C (a mid tan shade)

Marron (a deeper reddish brown)

Expresso (dark brown)

Black

you are correct. however, there is another color in between acorn and C shade called 1001 burnished as well.

according to pediwear:

The colours in order of darkness (starting with the lightest) are :

Acorn (a light yellowish brown)

1001 Burnished (a light brown)

Tan C (a mid tan shade)

Marron (a deeper reddish brown)

Expresso (dark brown)

Black

interesting...would like to see the color or the 1001 burnished, i never heard of it tho...but pediwear gotta be right

Went through my dad's closet today. Found quite a few nice pieces from back in his good ol' young days. These were one of my discoveries. I'll definately be wearing these to work from now on..hope they'll age well?

shoeek9.jpg

shoe1du7.jpg

Quick question: what are those little things your nail/stick onto the tip/heel of the bottom of the shoe again? They supposedly prolong the life of the sole?

interesting...would like to see the color or the 1001 burnished, i never heard of it tho...but pediwear gotta be right

trickersstow1001burnished.jpgtrickers stow in 1001 burnishedtrickerschelsea1001burnished.jpg tricker's henry in 1001burnished

trickersstowacorn.jpgvs. your acorn

....seems awfully similar, but who can tell from pics

Quick question: what are those little things your nail/stick onto the tip/heel of the bottom of the shoe again? They supposedly prolong the life of the sole?

taps. might want to topy them maybe.

trickersstow1001burnished.jpgtrickers stow in 1001 burnishedtrickerschelsea1001burnished.jpg tricker's henry in 1001burnished

trickersstowacorn.jpgvs. your acorn

....seems awfully similar, but who can tell from pics

What would these match with? I'm colour blind but I would imagine that this shade of brown isn't particularly easy to match right? Blue jeans? What type / colour top?

^^

Englandsomething have the first boots and have posted wdywt with them. really nice boots obviously. Dave and a couple more have the 1911s aswell, and have discussed the earlier in this thread. On my wishlist aswell, but I think they´re too narrow for me...

Not aged yet... rather they just arrived from Tom at LeatherSoul. I don't think I've seen anyone post a picture of Indys in #8 shell cordovan, so I thought I'd share:

img9243io8.th.jpg

img9240ja5.th.jpg

With the double leather sole, they look pretty different from the stock Indys to me.

^^

Englandsomething have the first boots and have posted wdywt with them. really nice boots obviously. Dave and a couple more have the 1911s aswell, and have discussed the earlier in this thread. On my wishlist aswell, but I think they´re too narrow for me...

Checked the history of englandmj7 (don't know if that is the correct nickname) but could not find the pic. Anyway, did a search on google:

http://www.styleselect.de/product_info.php?products_id=12201950&osCsid=4625d59b8a859aa076f0e9b9aa8937e9&page=

A lot of pics on many different Red Wing models there.

those indys look really worn but the sole doesn't seem so bad; have you had them resoled? what the hell have you been doing in those?

Yeah, the sole does look a little better in that pic, plus I tend to wear the inside of the heel more than the outside. For some reason though, the soles on all my shoes always last a long time. I do anything in these boots, I even played football at a bbq in them. They're supposed to be work boots so I don't baby them to much, besides cleaning the dirt off.

Checked the history of englandmj7 (don't know if that is the correct nickname) but could not find the pic. Anyway, did a search on google:

http://www.styleselect.de/product_info.php?products_id=12201950&osCsid=4625d59b8a859aa076f0e9b9aa8937e9&page=

A lot of pics on many different Red Wing models there.

Yep, I have the 1908s. :)

I got some Red Wing insoles for them and they are more comfortable than my sneakers; love em. I'll try to remember to take some pics this evening. Here's one from WAYWT:

6hdrrsw.jpg