Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Bill, nice take on semi dress. You didnt pick up any for yourself? How do you like the Stronghold stuff btw?

Bobo- I was really taken with the whole Stronghold store. The layout and merchandise is top notch. You and Cotton would go nuts in there! The Stronghold brand itself outdoes itself in service and options than in actual construction. The jeans are nice and clean; the majority of the mens styles done in Cone Mills denim, construction and detailing equivalent to current LVC standards I would say. BUT: The bespoke denim area, the custom hardware, and the custom alterations (i.e. in my case the addition of the brace buttons) while you wait, and done by the shopkeeper who helped fit me, creates a wonderful buying experience that more faithfully recreates that vintage environment much more so than buying LVC from a local fashionhouse

And yes: I need a pair of those Whites. I was close to buying a pair of the pre-stocked ones but the manager talked me out of it. He would much rather put me in a made to order pair, and I wasn't ready to wait two months for my $400 investment!

Edit: One more thing I left out: I watched while another customer tried on some Semi Dress and eventually ordered a made to measure pair. All measurements were done by the Stronghold staff amazingly quickly. Ray is good with that tape measure! Much nicer than tracing your foot on a peice of paper. . .

Bill

sounds great! Id love to visit sometime. What does the stronghold stuff cost btw?

Are everything repro-styled (based on real models or just inspired by the era?) or are they trying to update it for some fashion crowd? I rembemer the rise looking really low on some pics ive seen...

Maybe you´ll take some pics of your stronghold jeans? :)

its been so hot havent been wearing my aldens. anyone here wear their boots all thorugh out the summer?

I wore my RW chelseas today since it looked like it was a rainy day, but later on it turned out sunny and warm.. My feet were cooking! no more boots for me until fall..

still going strong with my indys. spent all afternoon walking around williamsburg in them, too.

in all seriousness, since i've had my soles switched to vibrams, they've been so light and comfortable, they're even better than any of the sneakers i own.

more pics on these bad ass :eek::eek::eek: please put up some pics that you are rocking in them....:eek::eek:

it's a 100 degrees right now and i'm chilling in shorts. i'll post some tomorrow, promise. glad you like them.

more pics on these bad ass :eek::eek::eek: please put up some pics that you are rocking in them....:eek::eek:

+1, those are sick! I've been wanting a pair for a while not but haven't been able to justify dropping $500+ on them, but more pics may change my mind...

Bill

sounds great! Id love to visit sometime. What does the stronghold stuff cost btw?

Are everything repro-styled (based on real models or just inspired by the era?) or are they trying to update it for some fashion crowd? I rembemer the rise looking really low on some pics ive seen...

Maybe you´ll take some pics of your stronghold jeans? :)

The jeans I got were $285, they threw the braces in and hand riveted the extra buttons free of charge. The models are not repro, but rather era-inspired. The cuts are: Slim, Straight, Stovepipe, Bootcut and Flare. There are also a few workwear inspired cuts with patch pockets and the like. Everything is selvage. I'll take some pics at somepoint soon and post them in an appropriate thread.....I'll let you know!

-Bill

Great boot. I love the usage of the Vibram Armortred style sole but that instep buckle might be the worst I have ever seen on an engineer boot. Makes the boot look cheap which I'm sure it isn't expecially since it's in Japan where leather goods are already so pricey.

Does anybody know if these red wing boots are discontinued?

It seems I can only find them on japanese pages...

redwingengineerbootshordd9.jpg

Never mind, it seems they are a new boot by red wing japan for 2006-2007 f/w

What the fuck are these!!!??? Thay look beautiful

shell cordovan lace ups. you can see them here: http://www.alden-of-carmel.com/index.cfm/Shoes-Shell_Cordovan_High_Lace_Boot_160.htm

i'd post more pics but i had to send them back to alden for a slight repair. the left sole towards the front separated from the shoe. alden told me this was very uncommon so i probably had a defected shoe. i should have them back by next week. will post pics with me wearing them then.

can any folks out there tell me what the difference is between redwings 8131 and an 875?

is it just colour?

I have seen 875 in the oro russett red thingo colour.

what gives?

i am stumped

yea, the only difference is color (which also might effect the feel of the leather..tanning methods..) Theres some other colors aswell (brownish, reddish an such)

Hey everyone,

I just picked up a pair of boots on sale at Brooks Brothers online, and they are unbelievable. Beautiful leather, great construction, and made in England. They look dope with my black samurai's - even if I have to wait until October to wear them. Definitely recommended.

There's a few sizes left on sale at $199 if anyone's interested.

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=1&Section_Id=494&Product_Id=943146&Parent_Id=305

111H_enlarged.jpg