Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

No-ones mentioned Timberland (brand not cool?)Chelsea boots, i've got several pairs and they are so comfortable.

Also, Clarks desert boots. The ones now available seem to be much inferior to those I remember from years ago and a much slimmer toe shape.

No-ones mentioned Timberland (brand not cool?)Chelsea boots, i've got several pairs and they are so comfortable.

Also, Clarks desert boots. The ones now available seem to be much inferior to those I remember from years ago and a much slimmer toe shape.

I think brand being "cool" is not the issue here. If you have some nice pair (maybe aged gracefully) you feel to share with us -post a pic! :)

Hi again,

did anyone get any stretching out of a pair of 875 or 8131 etc?

i tried on new ones today and am stuck for size.

a US9 is a bit loose on the length and ankle and feels really clunky

a US8 is just snug on the width of my foot and cause they are new it feels like a brick wall.

will the width give any in these?

the smaller size was perfect, if not for the snug width.

any info would be greatly appreciated

Hi again,

did anyone get any stretching out of a pair of 875 or 8131 etc?

i tried on new ones today and am stuck for size.

a US9 is a bit loose on the length and ankle and feels really clunky

a US8 is just snug on the width of my foot and cause they are new it feels like a brick wall.

will the width give any in these?

the smaller size was perfect, if not for the snug width.

any info would be greatly appreciated

I have the 875 and I think that the width will stretch out a little bit. if they are super super tight I might be worried about it but if they are just tight I think that theyh'd stretch enough for you after wearing them for awhile..........leather almost always stretches. how are they in length?

evrything else is perfect.

just the width is snug on an 8,

judging by what you say, a few weeks and the should be perfectly fine.

they are just super tough when new and i wondered if there would be just a little give.

If i go a size up the ankles are loose, length is out. etc..

thanks heaps for the advice.

The Frye Brando Lace ups. They are beautiful and age well. They start pretty light and age to a medium/dark brown depending on the oil you would use.

Look very nice tarmac, trickers or c&j?

I think is trickers

Tarmac:

i still remember the last time you posted this boot...that's about the same time i bought mine:)

Is lookng better and better ..how often do you wear those?Did you put insole? I can only worn mine maybe only 2 times a weeks.....:(

BTW, about at what point should the back heel be resole? I mean like...half way gone or quarter of it gone, because these are leather sole, i have no idea how they are constructed?:confused:

The Frye Brando Lace ups. They are beautiful and age well. They start pretty light and age to a medium/dark brown depending on the oil you would use.

do you happen to know of any stores that carry them?

their website doesn't have a store locator, and i came up dry on google.

Is lookng better and better ..how often do you wear those?Did you put insole? I can only worn mine maybe only 2 times a weeks.....:(

BTW, about at what point should the back heel be resole? I mean like...half way gone or quarter of it gone, because these are leather sole, i have no idea how they are constructed?:confused:

I wear mine a couple of times a week. Are they uncomfortable? Mine are fine.

post some pics, lets see the heels. Mine are rubber dainite so it's hard to resole, I don't know anyone who does dainite in the US.

A lot of people with leather soles get plastic taps, which slow down the wear. They should only cost a few bucks at the shoe repair.

I wear mine a couple of times a week. Are they uncomfortable? Mine are fine.

post some pics, lets see the heels. Mine are rubber dainite so it's hard to resole, I don't know anyone who does dainite in the US.

A lot of people with leather soles get plastic taps, which slow down the wear. They should only cost a few bucks at the shoe repair.

Oh...forgot you told me you have the dainite sole becuz you are in Europe...Finland i think??

i have the leather sole actually, not very use to it, extremely slippery

anyway ..mine still look new.....just the back heel has minimal wear....

Oh...forgot you told me you have the dainite sole becuz you are in Europe...Finland i think??

i have the leather sole actually, not very use to it, extremely slippery

anyway ..mine still look new.....just the back heel has minimal wear....

I'm in the US, mine is from Nom De Guerre NYC, I believe they only carried dainites.

Usually, you scuff up the smooth leather as you wear it on pavement, and it becomes kind of a sandpaper surface eventually. If you still think it's too slippery, you can get rubber coverings from the shoe repair.

If I were you, I would get plastic heel taps, and possibly a rubber topy on the front. these are all cheap procedures. As for myself I like the feel of a full leather sole, I don't put any coverings on my other leather sole shoes.

Tarmac speaks sense there. Listen to his wise words.... I think the leather sole is the best looking of the three main choices offered by Trickers. I have commando's on mine which look fine but spread mud everywhere.

Lovely boots Tarmac.They are my next target I think, not sure what colour I want though.

I noticed that the trickers factory shop is now selling on ebay, retrickers I think is the seller ID. I think they are starting bids at £100 on boots.

i know several members have tricker's stow in acorn antique, but i haven't seen any real world pics of them, just the web photos. can anybody post up theirs? i'd like to get an idea of true to life colors, and how they look while being worn.

^^i think acorn is one of the lighter shades, but i'm not sure. i sent off an email to pediwear to find out.

do you happen to know of any stores that carry them?

their website doesn't have a store locator, and i came up dry on google.

when in doubt, try zappos

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/20093364/c/309.html

limited sizes left