Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

hey there,

i love youre shoes, i got them in black and wear them for about a year now. it took quite some time to break them in (almost painful), but now they are just great. unfortunately i screwed up the sole while using them as a break for my broken mopped. it's still ok, though. might send some pics later.

you know this thread is useless without pics, so you have to post them?

hey there,

i love youre shoes, i got them in black and wear them for about a year now. it took quite some time to break them in (almost painful), but now they are just great. unfortunately i screwed up the sole while using them as a break for my broken mopped. it's still ok, though. might send some pics later.

Mopeds are so cooool! :D

Care question here.

I have my 1911s, wear them often. Including Edmonton winters but worst of all for the boots, the spring, where they get quite wet trudging through melting snow. As such, I have gotten some water marks/ridges around where the upper meets the sole.

Is there anything I can do about this, and what can I do to prevent further damage other than getting right in there with the mink oil?

Thanks for the help.

That's the colour that I'm after.

Is there a reason why you chose the Stow over the Malton and the Danite sole over the Double Leather, or in the case of the Malton, the Cammando sole ?

in addition to what others have said, i chose stow over malton because i wanted this particular color, which wasn't available for the malton

also, i didn't want commando sole (tracks too much mud) or leather (not good for wet conditions and wears out faster), so that pretty much ruled in dainite sole and ruled out malton

so i was wondering about the quality of white's vs. alden.

Now that I have a couple of Indy boot variations (and a couple of other Alden boots on order), I've been looking at the White's semi-dress quite a bit as the next purchase. I don't have any White's boots, so this is just an observation.

Based on the pictures that GregNYC posted, it seems pretty clear to me that Alden and White's are used to making shoes for completely different audiences. The White's pictured seem to have threads hanging out and the leather around the heel hasn't been cleaned up. This is completely fine for a beater/work boot. In contrast, Alden, probably since they're used to making dress shoes, their shoes tend to be very neat and tidy... as close to perfect as they can make them. Of course, there's a time and a place for both. Not that I think that it changes the durability of either boot though.

Thanks for the clarification.

Malton uses a coarse calf leather where Stow is more like "dress shoe" leather. If you want you can have any sole on either shoe but you have to order from Trickers factory. Off the shelf Stow has leather and dainite sole, Malton has leather and "commando sole".

DSC01163.jpg

Can anyone shed light on what type of boot the gentleman in the pic is wearing? Remind of swiss hiking boots...

Thanks.

They are not these but I've had a pair for many years. Can't speak highly enough. Trekking boots. 1113_Marone_400x400.jpg

Edit: Hanwag Grunten :rolleyes:

hk2007take5159.jpg

hk2007take5156.jpg

new 1910's.. hmmm ive been wearing them for 5 days now very comfortable actually... just put mink oil in them been raining for the past couple of days here..

Care question here.

I have my 1911s, wear them often. Including Edmonton winters but worst of all for the boots, the spring, where they get quite wet trudging through melting snow. As such, I have gotten some water marks/ridges around where the upper meets the sole.

Is there anything I can do about this, and what can I do to prevent further damage other than getting right in there with the mink oil?

Thanks for the help.

I think GregNYC uses Sno-Seal for waterproofing. I found a shoe place in NY that had it, but I can't remember the name. Just look around though, if I could find it, it ain't that hard to find. It'll still darken the boots a tad bit, and you have to warm up the boot for the stuff to penetrate.

There's also a product that you can use to get rid of salt stains from Fiebing, I saw it in a different shoe place, but, since I don't have salt stains, can't recommend it, but there's that option

edmond...

i used meltonian or red wing shoe cream in neutral

shoe paste is faster to get the shine but dry out fast also

thanks man have to head out to get me one of those.. i need mine to shine too and get some conditioner and cleaner.. thanks man .. how are thse with the waffle sole? are they more comfy than the leather soles ? thanks man

leather sole are much more comfortable imo as it is lighter weight...

crepe sole are much heavier but it is more durable

btw, conditioner i used lexol and cleaner i just use kiwi saddle soap

i think your 1910 will look bad ass after you shine em