Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Those indys might be a bit too clunpy for a formal look no? I think you would be better off wearing a slimmer shoe, but then I guess it depends on the trouser too. I'm still craving some indys, as soon as I get to NYC again that is going to be my most important purchase (maybe my only purchase). I've noticed that the current colour shown on the alden website is a different brown to the reddy chestnut ones I like. Is this a seasonal thing?

anyone tried wearing black slacks over thier indys for a more formal look or its not a good look? im going to polish my indys with brown alden paste wax.i think it could work,but maybe it just the leather needs to be darker?

Not happening, sorry. The indy's work with a tweed sport coat and khaki's maybe, but black slacks will just look silly.

i don't like the idea of wearing black slacks w/ indy's. I think the slacks would be too formal for the indy, but i'm sure some black indy's would look fine. I'm scared of brown shoes with black pants

The general rule is black shoes with black pants. The fashion forward may break the rule and will occasionally go with a dark brown or cordovan colored show with black pants. (Check the various other menswear forums for support of this.) However, I think you can get away with the shell cordovan #8 version of the Indy's, but not the regular ones. Definitely too light in my opinion.

I've noticed that the current colour shown on the alden website is a different brown to the reddy chestnut ones I like. Is this a seasonal thing?

This is a leather switch a number of years back. To my knowledge, the color does not change seasonally. However, it seems like one can change the color somewhat through the use of a darker or redder boot creme.

Those indys might be a bit too clunpy for a formal look no? I think you would be better off wearing a slimmer shoe, but then I guess it depends on the trouser too. I'm still craving some indys, as soon as I get to NYC again that is going to be my most important purchase (maybe my only purchase). I've noticed that the current colour shown on the alden website is a different brown to the reddy chestnut ones I like. Is this a seasonal thing?

I just bought a pair about a month ago that were shipped directly from Alden so I would assume it's the freshest color they have. It's not the orange that I saw they sold for the last few years, but an honest brown like I wanted.

alden_405_wide.jpg

Yes those are the ones I like happy hooligan.

http://www.rennersbootsshoes.com/al405ibo.html If you look at this... do you think it's just lighting or a different colour?

I could just be the lighting, but it's a different pic than the alden site... Their pic looks a lot like my brand new boots... Also the boots in the other pic look kind of used and maybe with a leather sole?

405.jpg

How are the soles holding up on those Docs, Beatle? Are they airsoles or hard rubber? Just asking cause my docs' soles died after a year or so :(

I've had the same pair of doc shoes for about 10 years or so and the soles are fine on them...?

How are the soles holding up on those Docs, Beatle? Are they airsoles or hard rubber? Just asking cause my docs' soles died after a year or so :(

How old are yours? 10 years ago Docs were made in UK, but these days they're made in China and they're not the same docs anymore...