Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Hm yea i just do not like rectangle in the very front.

Was looking in EVERY shoe shop today and didn't find a single pair i'd like.

But yea these shoes need to be well-worn :D so even if you do not like 'em new, time can change all that.

Finally got them... Alden cordovan Indy in cigar color from carmel...

Damn you! I tried to get a pair myself, but they won't have my size for a long time. :( I think cigar will probably get a super nice look over time. I just got a pair of cigar captoes w/ soft square toe yesterday and I'm already liking the effects.

Damn you! I tried to get a pair myself, but they won't have my size for a long time. :( I think cigar will probably get a super nice look over time. I just got a pair of cigar captoes w/ soft square toe yesterday and I'm already liking the effects.

I ordered them 6 months ago man... :)

Holly mother of cow!

Those put my new aldens to shame...

Plus, I didn't even get a cool Alden bag when I ordered mine direct from the factory!

Holly mother of cow!

Those put my new aldens to shame...

Plus, I didn't even get a cool Alden bag when I ordered mine direct from the factory!

You should be getting shoe bags and a polishing cloth in each Alden box. Unless they are some sort of seconds

PS SIKK INDYS YO.

You should be getting shoe bags and a polishing cloth in each Alden box. Unless they are some sort of seconds

PS SIKK INDYS YO.

There was a stitching error on one the shoes, but When I called Alden they said they don't send out seconds. Now I'm wondering if they do?

How positive are you of the cloth?

I ordered the indy's straight from the factory and also didn't get a bag. This is normal and no you did not get seconds. If you pay full price you should get first run shoes.

Tricker's suede monkey boots, is this some "japan only" thing?

http://www.rakuten.co.jp/cpoint/485996/486753/

img07932895ni2.jpg

Tricker's monkey boots aren't japan only, but it's not exactly easy to find in the US. As a large buyer market Japan can demand a lot of special leather/color/sole combos though. There's a pair on ebay right now:

IMG_4677.jpg

Tricker's monkey boots aren't japan only, but it's not exactly easy to find in the US. As a large buyer market Japan can demand a lot of special leather/color/sole combos though.

yessir, and it says right on beg's link that it's a special order greenish suede.

nice find.

Tricker’s

Men’s MONKEY BOOTS

EARTH LEPPERO Suede

Made In ENGLAND、靴の名門トリッカーズのモンキーブーツです。

グリップの良いコマンドソールに、上質なアッパーレザーで

Tricker’sらしい上品なワークブーツのモンキー。

しっとりとして深みのあるグリーン系のスウェードを

革別注しました。

Just thought I'd share these with you.

A pair of red Wings - NOT MINE (cry) - worn for 13 years...

These are the reason I bought my first pair..

rw-service-big.jpg

heh, i always assumed when looking at volls.de that those were a model made to look worn/old. I should have taken german class instead of french in school....

74945566hr5.png

Hey Begs..yeah , these have been worn by one of the volls employees...and I can only assume that they were the regular oiled leather ones when he started wearing them..

Maybe over the years sun and leather care products washed out / faded the leather...Like indigo....