Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Hi all,

Months back when i was lookin at the whites semi dress i sort of remember someone posting a link to them pictured in something other than the normal brown leather which i see several pics of on the forum, and which are the ones pictured on there website. Does anyeone have a link to them pictured with different uppers such as a roughout material, etc.

Chicken = the Red Wings are simply beautiful..great snatch..ebay ???

There are always great Irish Setters on sale - muddy and stuff, but 20 some years old - but never my size...

Maybe try to do some treatment - beeswax or oil - these will be awesome...

Coleslaw - you take good care of your boots...rep....

hey ayn, if you can post pic modeling the shoes would be great. thanks mate.

sure, I'll wear them next time I take a waywt pic and cross-post it here...

nshadows1 - I wear 8.5 in nike dunks and 8.5 in my redwing 1908 fit just a tiny but bigger. Not a full 1/2 size bigger though.

huh, the Red Wing 1911's fit much larger than my docs, or any other shoe I had in sz. 10 (at least a full size larger). Maybe it depends on which boots?

Chicken = the Red Wings are simply beautiful..great snatch..ebay ???

There are always great Irish Setters on sale - muddy and stuff, but 20 some years old - but never my size...

Maybe try to do some treatment - beeswax or oil - these will be awesome...

those older 877s look great, but definitly need some polish!

Ive looked at alot of vintage irish setter aswell, and sizing really is a problem.. wouldnt surprise me the least if its totally different from current RW sizing..

these were already oiled :(

they came pretty well beaten down, with holes and everything.

sizing's a little crazy too. they're 8e, but feel like 9/9.5 -- the original owner might have stretched the crap out of them.

this is what the listing on ebay said:

A FINE USED PAIR OF 877 RED WING IRISH SETTER SPORT BOOTS SIZE 8E. INSIDE THE RIGHT BOOT IT IS STAMPED 8 WHICH IS UNDER SLASHED AND AN E. MY WIFE USED TO OWN A SHOE STORE AND SOLD RED WINGS, ALONG WITH OTHER BRANDS. I WOULD ESTIMATE I HAVE HAD THESE BOOTS FOR 37 YEARS. I AM 70 NOW AND DON'T NEED THEM ANY MORE.

hey edmond, those are the G-9 tactical boots, right?

but they're not made out of leather....

hey miz oh hhehehehe yeah theyre not hey btw can you get your friend make us some of his leather stuffs? does he have a catalog? or something ?

Ok..........I just spent about two hours looking at custom White's boots on all of the crazy Japanese sites. I'm pretty sure I can order anything shown on there as a custom order. I"ll have to inquire about the double midsoles, and the leather lining on the water buffalo as seen on some of the UnionMade.jp Semi Dress....I've never asked about doing those before, not sure they will be an option for us, but I will inquire.....

Who wants custom boots? We are happy to ship international. Please reply via PM and I'll look into it tomorrow. I will not be in the store until this coming weekend, I am out of town on family business.

In the meantime check out :

http://esearch.rakuten.co.jp/rms/sd/esearch/vc?sv=2&sitem=white%27s+boots

and

www.unionmade.jp

cheers

-Bill

I have a quick question for the experts: How does suede get that burnished look, like these J Crew boots (linked below)? Does it happen naturally, or is something applied?

http://www.jcrew.com/catalog/product.jhtml?id=prod89392291&catId=cat220086

Taken from your link:

Italian suede custom-burnished with oil for a slightly weathered look—no two pairs are alike. Unlined for a more casual feel. Natural crepe sole with stained edges. Made in Italy.