Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

No, Russell ripoffs. I don't have the patience or cash for russells!

These are made in Italy, Barney's co-op branded boots. They must not have sold well, because they were on the sale rack for $65. Nice boots though, waxed canvas at the ankle, vibram outsole, and very comfortable. I wonder if whoever makes the docksteps boots that are always on yoox also made these.

just picked these up last week when i was in taipei...

oiled them n they are slightly darker then they were actually really like it now, was actually a greyish color..

anyone knows of a website that has sorrta a list of redwing boots n when it was made n for where kindda thing. tryin to learn more bout mine...

Those wings are sick man. The only place I've seen with models etc is the actual RW website.

Pretty sweet.

This thread is out of control since last time I read it, like 6 months ago. Some really nice shoes/boots in here.

My most recent boot pickup.

bootszd6.jpg

Damn cool.

No, Russell ripoffs. I don't have the patience or cash for russells!

These are made in Italy, Barney's co-op branded boots. They must not have sold well, because they were on the sale rack for $65. Nice boots though, waxed canvas at the ankle, vibram outsole, and very comfortable. I wonder if whoever makes the docksteps boots that are always on yoox also made these.

$65?? Even better.

I just picked these up. Nothing too extraordinary, but I was pretty exicited to get them nonetheless.

Problem is they are torture on the outside edge of my pinky toe. I have a pair in suede which are perfectly comfortable; I suspect it is the fact that these are much more rigid. Anyone know of a way to soften the leather up without affecting the color? Google came up with a few results, but I'm paranoid about fucking these up.

861c_1.jpg

Fuck, I can't decide whether I want the color 8 AF53 or the Black AF60. I like how Color 8 looks, but I have Burgundy Jodhpur's already. I also have Black Alden Oxfords so I'm not lacking in something in black. These are going to be beater boots. I like the captoe on the AF60, but perhaps color 8 won't be so restraining when it comes to putting it together with an outfit, I'm thinking.

Final Chopper Shots: End of the second round. My Friday the 13th included 5 hours of chopper, 3 hours of armored car, and then 5 hours of a commercial flight to Bangkok. Whew. I’m in recovery mode now, but it’s great to be with my girls.

ChappalsOverAurakzai-2.jpg

Friday 13 wear was bespoke Afghan chappals in brown, matched (again) with 1947 Sugar Cane Levi repro jeans. I think the suede version will be the best for matching with jeans. Stay tuned.. ..

ChappalsOverAurakzai.jpg

Close up of the stitching.

ChopperBoy.jpg

That’s me in the chopper. Shot from the second chopper.

From the 12th: The Kohistan Hills:

Kohistan25838.jpg

I think I've said this before, but I'm really jealous of whatever it is you do. Have you ever been to the Black Flag Cafe forum?

Fuck, I can't decide whether I want the color 8 AF53 or the Black AF60. I like how Color 8 looks, but I have Burgundy Jodhpur's already. I also have Black Alden Oxfords so I'm not lacking in something in black. These are going to be beater boots. I like the captoe on the AF60, but perhaps color 8 won't be so restraining when it comes to putting it together with an outfit, I'm thinking.

Personally, I think that the soft square toe on the AF60s looks better than the toe on the AF53. The AF60 should also be somewhat sleeker and more flattering in general, since it is on the plaza last. But since you're looking for a beater, maybe it this doesn't concern you.

You seem to be from the tri-state area, where black goes with everything... so I don't think it would be all that restraining. (Though #8 goes with everything except black pants.) I've been considering a pair of AF60s myself.

Personally, I think that the soft square toe on the AF60s looks better than the toe on the AF53. The AF60 should also be somewhat sleeker and more flattering in general, since it is on the plaza last. But since you're looking for a beater, maybe it this doesn't concern you.

You seem to be from the tri-state area, where black goes with everything... so I don't think it would be all that restraining. (Though #8 goes with everything except black pants.) I've been considering a pair of AF60s myself.

See, if they made the AF60 in #8, that would be bought so fast. But right now I have to think about it. I love that captoe on the AF60.

I am looking for a beater, but my whole looking at Alden's is based on my desire for a sleek looking beater.

Good evening, everybody.

I introduce my site unlisted one pair from boots collection of me today.

whites-1.jpg

↓Specifications of this boots↓

★White's

■2332:Semi-Dress Custom

○Leather material:Water buffalo

○Color:Sienna

○Hardware:Antique copper

○Mid sole:Double

○Out sole:Vibram #705

○Height:5 inch

○Width:d

○Other:Reinforced toe box

Good evening, everybody.

I introduce my site unlisted one pair from boots collection of me today.

whites-1.jpg

↓Specifications of this boots↓

★White's

■2332:Semi-Dress Custom

○Leather material:Water buffalo

○Color:Sienna

○Hardware:Antique copper

○Mid sole:Double

○Out sole:Vibram #705

○Height:5 inch

○Width:d

○Other:Reinforced toe box

Wow..... :cool:

Begs,

Call the main Trickers number and ask for the factory shop, then make sure you get David. He is very helpful and will tell you exactly how much it costs to have them made.

It will be a whole lot cheaper going through him than one of the retail shops. I think (although I'm not sure) it works ot to about £250-300 for custom jobs through him, which compares to the retail price of the off the shelf shoes. He also will be able to tell you if they have any samples around because the do sell odd stuff from the factory shop.

Good luck

See, if they made the AF60 in #8, that would be bought so fast. But right now I have to think about it. I love that captoe on the AF60.

I am looking for a beater, but my whole looking at Alden's is based on my desire for a sleek looking beater.

I think the closest you'll find would be to get the 4060, which is a round captoe. This would be double leather sole, but you could have it modified to a different sole by Alden for $150. I guess this makes it an even more expensive option, but you'll get some shoe trees with it. Alternatively, take it to miz's cobbler and have it modified for less money, though it would not be on the original lasts.

Have you asked Adam if there are any plans to offer the AF60 in #8?

みなさん、感想ありがとうございます!

まず、このブーツは日本の特約店を経由してオーダーしました。

ただ、White'sにはソールをVibram #705へ変更するオプションはありませんので、

日本のソール交換を専門とするお店にお願いして交換して頂きました。

元のアウトソールはVibram #700です。

#705はセパレート構造になっているので、

#700よりも全体的な見た目がシャープにまとまると思います。

お値段ですが、日本を経由しているので本体が640$程度です。

うまく翻訳できませんでした。

chickenさん、宜しくお願いします。

みなさん、感想ありがとうございます!

まず、このブーツは日本の特約店を経由してオーダーしました。

ただ、White'sにはソールをVibram #705へ変更するオプションはありませんので、

日本のソール交換を専門とするお店にお願いして交換して頂きました。

元のアウトソールはVibram #700です。

#705はセパレート構造になっているので、

#700よりも全体的な見た目がシャープにまとまると思います。

お値段ですが、日本を経由しているので本体が640$程度です。

うまく翻訳できませんでした。

chickenさん、宜しくお願いします。

TAKASHIさん、まかせてください。 here's the translation:

thanks for the feedback people!

i ordered these boots through an authorized store in japan.

however, #705 vibram soles aren't available as an option for white's, so i took them to a shop that specializes in changing soles.

the original outer sole was vibram #700.

since #705s have separate soles, i think overall they look sharper than the #700s.

about the price, since it's imported into japan, the boots themselves were about $640 us.