Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

nicka the johnny boot is seriously good looking! What sizes did they have (if you have that info!)

i got the UK11 - think that was the only pair. they def had a 10, and about 6 or 8 other pairs. sorry didn't pay too much attention to the size(s) once i'd found mine. there's a stash of them at the bottom of the stairs, as you go down to the basement.

good luck

horsehide boot contest entry.

modified thorogood x epualet horween CXL horshide boots

most comfortable boots out of the box i have ever owned.

6622396041_932a6ddd3b_z.jpg

6622395221_6c0decf1f5_z.jpg

6603477143_e09860efbb_z.jpg

wow those look great. I'm tempted to pick up a pair, but sadly I just ordered a pair of 1000 miles and they look too similar for me to get those next:/

fre-co - those cordo Indys are great, love seeing some wear on cordovan. Too often I see cordo that looks barely worn, I love how it looks with a little wear on them.

That's one of sufu's great ironies - denim and leather routinely get neglected and mis-treated to create an accelerated, 'authentic' vintage look but shell cordovan, one of the most rugged, weather-proof leathers you can get, is treated like porcelain all too often... :rolleyes:

^ I think most people forget that shell cordovan was primarily used for real work boots when it was reinvented back in the 1910s; you can freeze it, soak it in water, kick the crap out of it, but with a bit of care it'll be good as new again!

I agree, no need to baby it, it's grainless on the finished side - there's nothing to "destroy", easily refurbished if damaged.

Edited by mikecch

Indeed, the Indys look great fre_co. The colour is so deep/ Good to see them being worn properly and not just the inside carpet shot a la Styleforum!

edit - they are being worn insider but not on carpet

Edited by big truck

I swear I did go out in them.....

I agree entirely with CTB. although its pretty obvious why people baby shell cordovan aldens - they are fiendishly expensive. Min dont get treated particularly well though, I live in a place where they will get muddy, dirty and scratched.

I have no issue with people babying their shoes, it is far preferable to kicking bricks around in order to 'age' your redwings.

So I've been looking into a couple models by William Lennon and it has me to wondering how practically resoleable they are? That is to say, I know can be resoled according to everything I've read, but because I don't really understand the type of construction method they're using I'm not sure how difficult they are to resole. Due to the method of construction is resole only possible through the company? Since I'm in the US that's not really an appealing or practical option, so I'm wondering if they'd be a lot more trouble for an experienced cobbler than a goodyear welted sole?

Edited by Curious_George

^ I would contact your trusted local cobbler......ask if they can repair hob nail boots.

It might be a difficult to find someone. But who knows. I would also contact William Lennon about there resole

Pricing. It might be not as much as you think. It costs me about $90-$120 to get resoled here in the u.s.

But maybe William Lennon with shipping won't be too much more.

Anyone here have some wesco pt or werstern boss boots???? Been playing on the wesco website. Thinking

of pulling the trigger on a pair. Just wanted to know if anyone had any fit pics or recommendations

before I drop more money and have my wife murder me.

( I promised her I would quit smoking and no more boots in 2012, both resolutions are failing) lol!

check out Paul T's blog entry about wiliam lennon. http://loomstate.blo...-middleton.html

I think you're gonna have to send them back to the factory for resole, maybe not the most practical.

I also found this forum for cobblers in the US. maybe you can ask some experts about resoling blake construction shoes in the US.

edit: heres the link :)http://www.ssia.info/consumers/askexperts/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=2

So I've been looking into a couple models by William Lennon and it has me to wondering how practically resoleable they are? That is to say, I know can be resoled according to everything I've read, but because I don't really understand the type of construction method they're using I'm not sure how difficult they are to resole. Due to the method of construction is resole only possible through the company? Since I'm in the US that's not really an appealing or practical option, so I'm wondering if they'd be a lot more trouble for an experienced cobbler than a goodyear welted sole?

Edited by erk