Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

how do whites SD compare in size to alden indys? i'm wondering if i should size up or down based on what i wear in indys.

I won't know 100% until my SD's get here but size down 1 full size from Alden to Whites...

I won't know 100% until my SD's get here but size down 1 full size from Alden to Whites...

same with me too.

but like I said before - dont screw around and guess it. just fill out the foot tracing thing with your measurements and send it in to white's.

clarks desert boots in

brown suede or beeswax?

to go with IH301s

I like the dark color of the brown suede more, but I heard beeswax leather turns much darker over time. hmmm. Also suede probably a tadbit cheaper.

x-post from thisorthat

Hey Real McCoy fans!!!

here is your chance at a good deal..

These are now for sale in the Supermarket.... click for link and more pictures...

(I need to downsize my boot collection which was getting out of control this past year)

Real McCoys Riggers | sz (8.5D)

Real_McCoys_Riggers_Brown_11.jpg

Damn........ one or half a size too small!

What size do you wear in whites by the way?

For DOc Marten fans: in future, buy Solovair instead, they are made by the original manufacturers, in Northampton with decent leather, rather than in China, with cardboard.

William Lennon, among others, do them mail order (altho I have no idea if they send each boot separately), I'm sure others do too.

Ha ha, seldom wear it.because of its colour.and for the same reason i bought it. i need to see my psychoterapis.also.

thanks for the reply!

baker shoes seems to be the cheapest place to get them $379 free shipping.

But if you know your size (which I know you're unsure) Whites sells some on ebay but they go up to about $350 + shipping so it's not always a deal and you don't get to customize what you want....

thanks for the reply!

I'm gonna be adding to the confusion, but I'm pretty sure sizing down 1 full size from alden's to white's seems kinda drastic?

I'm an 8D in iron rangers and a 8D in white's semi-dress and bounty hunter. I could probably go for a 8C or a maaaaybe a 7.5 in white's, but right now the fit is pretty spot on.

As far as Alden sizing, on the barrie last I was fitted for a 7.5D. So if anything, I would say White's are the same size and NOT 1 full size down.

I'm gonna be adding to the confusion, but I'm pretty sure sizing down 1 full size from alden's to white's seems kinda drastic?

I'm an 8D in iron rangers and a 8D in white's semi-dress and bounty hunter. I could probably go for a 8C or a maaaaybe a 7.5 in white's, but right now the fit is pretty spot on.

As far as Alden sizing, on the barrie last I was fitted for a 7.5D. So if anything, I would say White's are the same size and NOT 1 full size down.

Thanks for the support. I've got a pair of Indys - size 7EEE, so I'm thinking about ordering SD from Bakers 7EE? Or, I'll just use White's custom order form. I've done that process before for a pair of Wescos which I think was a good choice.

Bougt some polish today from the Bureau . they have some serious custom shit Trickers in thier store atmo

They've had that stuff online for a while...

http://www.thebureaubelfast.com/shop/brand/57/trickers-for-the-bureau/

The cordovan super boot is a favourite of mine. And the Allan boot. And the suede super boot. And...

Thanks for the support. I've got a pair of Indys - size 7EEE, so I'm thinking about ordering SD from Bakers 7EE? Or, I'll just use White's custom order form. I've done that process before for a pair of Wescos which I think was a good choice.

I would definitely do a custom order form. The uncertainty is just not worth it. I didn't do it custom, but I knew the sizing was similar to red wings, but a bit wider.

just wanted to share something i found just in case anybody is planning to make a trip to Hong Kong. havent been there or had experience with them before but looks like its definitely worth it if you are already heading down anyway.

http://www.ultrasoundboots.com/

they've got a nice selection of Vibergs, Whites as well as Wesco boots. just in case anybody is interested in a shitload of pics, here you go:

http://www.facebook.com/photos.php?id=198093005548

Xallanx, here's my recent experience with this issue:

I ordered a pair of Bounty Hunters through Bakers, sending tracings along. For reasons I haven't figured out, White's came back with some VERY funny sizes, left 8 A and right 7.5 A. Thing is, I'm normally a 7E. Size 8 shoes are normally too long for me, and even through the brannock puts me at a D width, my big toe points straight forward rather than at an angle on both feet, increasing the width needed. I can BARELY squeeze my toes, uncomfortably, into a D width shoe of even a wide last like the trubalance. I am, by the way, a 6.5E in trubalance, a perfect fit. (It's true that it runs large, though in my case, not a full size.)

So I wrote to Bakers with all this, and Kyle said it sounded like I was a 7E, but I was apprehensive about ordering them, as these would be a custom makeup, and I wouldn't be able to return them if they didn't fit. So Kyle at Baker's sent me a pair of shoes in my size and desired last to try on, with a return shipping label. Five pounds, both ways, for free, just to get the size right.

And 7E turned out to be perfect. The arch hit me just in the right place, no heel movement even at an angle, JUST enough room for my toes.

I have no idea what the deal was with the tracings. I made a little jig to keep the pencil absolutely straight up and down during the tracings, and took each measurement twice. I worse my boot socks for the measurements. All I know is I can't even get my foot into an A width shoe, let alone walk in it. But Baker's really went all out on their customer service on this one, and I recommend them highly.

just wanted to share something i found just in case anybody is planning to make a trip to Hong Kong. havent been there or had experience with them before but looks like its definitely worth it if you are already heading down anyway.

http://www.ultrasoundboots.com/

they've got a nice selection of Vibergs, Whites as well as Wesco boots. just in case anybody is interested in a shitload of pics, here you go:

http://www.facebook.com/photos.php?id=198093005548

I believe davichan ordered a pair from there recently.

Coleslawyum,

yup i had a Whites order made up with Ultrasound,

they are fantastic customer services.., really tried to accommodate all the small details, i highly recommend them.

Unfortunately they could not source the same Horsehide that some Japanese vendors are able to get with Whites, and so i did not go throughout with the order.

i ended up ordering direct from Whites a new pair of Black Chromexcel Bountyhunters about 4 weeks ago, so hopefully see them by the end of this month.