Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Yeah, I've still been checking out the second hand stores... Man, the stuff you can find! The old ladies there don't know the difference between saddle leather and vinyl!

But yeah, yeah, I'm liking the looks of Frye. Very asskicky. For lack of a better term.

And Moykky - Niiice. But you're right. 770.00 is a little on the steep side.

Also, Superstar - Those're so badass!

Here are my new favorite shoes -Alden Indys- pictured here with my son's favorite boots (frog cordo??).

I decided to return the Red Wing GTs and keep these. I don't need two new pairs at once. That's too much breaking in, & those Red Wings were pretty stiff.

-----

ajds

47b7ce00b3127ccebeb6022ad2eb00000026108AaNGzNw4ZOJ

Here are my new favorite shoes -Alden Indys- pictured here with my son's favorite boots (frog cordo??).

I decided to return the Red Wing GTs and keep these. I don't need two new pairs at once. That's too much breaking in, & those Red Wings were pretty stiff.

-----

ajds

47b7ce00b3127ccebeb6022ad2eb00000026108AaNGzNw4ZOJ

love the wear on teh frogs, where to cop? How does the rubber stand up to water? Taken any big puddles in them or just wore them around the house?

If I had to guess, they appear to be AF72s, which are black shell cordovan.

http://www.alden-of-carmel.com/index.cfm/Shoes-Wing_Tip_Boot_183.htm

Just in case you're interested, Tom at LeatherSoul recently received another shipment of his Indy boots in #8 on double leather sole. He's eventually going to get shipments of the Indy boots in cigar shell, black shell, and tan suede. At last status check (last night), the cigar shell version won't be in until at least Dec.

http://www.leathersoulhawaii.com/2007/09/05/alden-shoes-shell-cordovan-indy-boot/

At the other SF, we're working with Tom on a boot in #8 which seems to be finalized to, Plaza Last (same last as AF60), plain toe (no cap) w/ medallion, double leather sole, speed hooks, and blind eyelets. Discussion thread here:

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=46939

my red wing 1914 (gentleman traveller) arrived today from cultizm....nice and quick too, with shipping in 3 days to australia.

WDYWT231007.jpg

zappos don't ship to australia anyway, but they were cheaper from cultizm than zappos, even including ~$35 for express shipping from europe....

i sized down 1/2 a size to 8 1/2....i was a little concerned at first that they may be too big, but they are softening up nicely after only a few hours of wear. i'm very very happy with these.

do raw jeans also leave permanent stains on leather shoes? I want to get myself a pair of Red Wings but am a bit apprehensive as i worry my Skulls might turn them blue (as they did to all my sneakers)

Indigo stains on redwings is a thing of beauty! Or just buy dark boots?

Incidently:

I've been getting some interesting black stains on my Trickers from wearing them with my black samurais. I think this weekend is time for a boot update.

Mine are the weatherby super boot in C shade tan.

this was them new:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=497125&postcount=2837

I've just been to the local cobbler to get some new laces, and got some leather thong boot laces for my redwing 875s which I quite like. I remember seeing pictures of centennial edition redwings that had these. My only concern would be the strength though.

Any comments? I'll post pics when I get home.

do you have a "straight down the leg" shot of the boot with the jean cuff? also, what jeans are you wearing? I'm trying to figure how duck foot these boots are.

thanks! Looking good!

-t

my red wing 1914 (gentleman traveller) arrived today from cultizm....nice and quick too, with shipping in 3 days to australia.

WDYWT231007.jpg

zappos don't ship to australia anyway, but they were cheaper from cultizm than zappos, even including ~$35 for express shipping from europe....

i sized down 1/2 a size to 8 1/2....i was a little concerned at first that they may be too big, but they are softening up nicely after only a few hours of wear. i'm very very happy with these.

do you have a "straight down the leg" shot of the boot with the jean cuff? also, what jeans are you wearing? I'm trying to figure how duck foot these boots are.

thanks! Looking good!

-t

i dont have other photos unfortunately.....im wearing iron heart 634s. i wouldnt say these boots are particularly duck footed though.

Boots update:

First off my Redwing 875s. about 3 months old

1713194054_039b9cb458.jpg

1713194972_69643192a8.jpg

1712346609_eaace0a077.jpg

I think the actual colour is nearest the first. Opinions on the new leather boot laces welcome.

Trickers weatherby super boot, C-shade tan. About 5-6 months old.

1712342527_f90de8f4c1.jpg

1712341503_1f1c3aba6f.jpg

1713189940_8eb170b234.jpg

I don't know if you can see the black marks from my Samurai 5000bk jeans.

thanks! Looking good!

-t

i dont have other photos unfortunately.....im wearing iron heart 634s. i wouldnt say these boots are particularly duck footed though.

Hi jpgm, nice pick up, i was going to order for the same style but in "Black Cherry" color for size 9.5D (hopefully sizing goes right) but unfortunately Cultizm currently out of stock for my size.. :(

Please post some more images after wear....thanks

I've just been to the local cobbler to get some new laces, and got some leather thong boot laces for my redwing 875s which I quite like. I remember seeing pictures of centennial edition redwings that had these. My only concern would be the strength though.

Any comments? I'll post pics when I get home.

You'd be right to worry about the strength of leather laces. Though they are the only ones I put on my workboots, I burn through them (4 pairs over the summer, one since september, probably 15 pairs over the past five years.)

Granted, I imagine I crank on them harder then I should. Even so, I tried oiling them to keep them supple and they still snapped. The good news is that if you bust them and don't have any other options they are easy to tie together, and then you look like a badass.

It's also possible that it's just my boots (Redwing/Carhartts) have particularly vicious laceloops or something . . .

I've just really, really wanted to show these off to someone..

I was at a Salvation Army while visiting my grandparents in Toronto, and not having too much luck, then I stumbled upon these (I had no idea what C&J was at the time), and I flipped at how comfortable they were. I thought $17.00 was a little steep though...

Second-hand stores! The best way to get worn-in shoes, in my opinion..

DSC09800.jpg

DSC09801.jpg

DSC09804.jpg

$17 bucks for crockett and jones? what a steal