Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

i have the lone wolf carperter with the cats paw sole and i love it. the white rubber sole vibram (if that's what you mean) might be a bit more comfortable as that cats paw on mine is pretty hard also the traction on that cats paw is horrible in the snow.

hey thanks man err are they true to size i wear size 9 on redwings.. should i get the same size? and the width on these how is it?

If anyone cares, I was just down at Renners Boots in kcmo and they had a pair of Alden Cordovan chukkas in solid black marked down to $200 (from $550) out the door.

sizes 10-10.5D

Wow! Wish I would have known that last week. I was IN KCMO for some days. As I'm in Bangkok now, there's no chance to run down and snag 'em. sigh. :(

This Winter, I plan on getting some hunting style boots. I'll post some pics of what I end up with, but so far this is what I've picked out. Let me know if you have some suggestions. Thought you guys might be interested....

Quoddy Trail Grizzly Boot, Black American Bison

1004bxy0.jpg

Russell Sporting Clay Chukka in Green

10155270svk6.jpg

Yuketen Boots with Plaid Top

muklukchieftanchocolateav0.jpg

I would love these Danners too, if they ever put up the custom site.

mountainlightstan1ik1.jpg

^^ very cool! Im looking for some moccasin boots myself, but other than Russel its kinda hard to find any..

regarding your pics... the first ones leather is putting me off, but shape is nice. Second one is all around cool. Third great shape , but the plaid is a nono (and will probably look horrible after winter). More info about the brand?

The Danners are ofcourse really cool aswell. Chunky as hell though.

I picked up these "Steeple Gate" monkstrap wingtips from a second-hand store several months ago for $15. I love them, but I know next-to nothing about the brand. I imagine they're not super high-quality, seeing how someone was willing to let them go to a second-hand store - anyone know anything about them? (to see them with jeans, check out WAYWT)

img2288oy5.jpg

err guys need some comments pls which would be the best deal for the 3?

samurai boots dont know how much yet but definetely around the same price as the lone wolf's

IMG_0400.jpg

next are the lone wolf's from sugarcane.. around 410 us dollars

item_f01616brw.jpg

or the bang for the buck RW's 130 us dollars

952.jpg

or any of you guys could suggest?

carpe diem? or a tricker? those are too expensive but my options are open..

^^ keyko, in terms of comfort, which one would you got with lone wolf's or Alden's?

Both are comfortable but in different ways. The Indys are heavier but their perfectly balanced weight makes them a pleasure to wear for long walks - it feels like feet are strolling by themselves. The LW are VERY lightweight - mine are on porous white soles - and very well-fitting but they are not balanced with steel chunks as the Indys. But both are extremely well made and will not disappoint by no means.

hahahaha jesus is there such a thing? hahahah got pics of those keyko? hey keyko can you pic me up some stuffs oever at take5 when they go on sale? hehe cause vip's get additional 5% off on those Lonewolf boots..

hahahaha jesus is there such a thing? hahahah got pics of those keyko? hey keyko can you pic me up some stuffs oever at take5 when they go on sale? hehe cause vip's get additional 5% off on those Lonewolf boots..

Actually Benny just received a small shipment of baby-unicorn cordovan boots in black with rainbowish patina but - bad news - those will be only available to the Most Exalted 8-Level VIP Members. As per my record, you are 1023 pairs of Samurai away from that level. Sorry ;(

If you order in the store they won't charge shipping- get two pair and return the ones that don't fit. I was thinking the same thing if I can get the chance.

ajds

So did anyone see these at J.Crew? I can't find them in the store and I would hate buying them before trying.

88346br6796ha1.jpg

There's a place here that might be able get my size in the 1905s, and it's the same price as the 875s with an emphasis on the might. The guy called up RW and they may or may not have it. I need to leave a deposit, and a size. If I decide not to take them, there's a percentage I pay for restocking. I already have the 875. Should I take a chance and order the 1905s?