Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

5 months turn around...plenty of time to get excited

Love the color. I like the leeway boat shoes and moccasins tend to receive in breaking away from the browns and blacks of most leather shoes.

On an unrelated note, has anybody else had to get used to the sound of shoe trees settling in the middle of the night? Sometimes it's a little eerie hearing what could almost be a quiet footstep in the corner of my bedroom at 3am.

Love the color. I like the leeway boat shoes and moccasins tend to receive in breaking away from the browns and blacks of most leather shoes.

On an unrelated note, has anybody else had to get used to the sound of shoe trees settling in the middle of the night? Sometimes it's a little eerie hearing what could almost be a quiet footstep in the corner of my bedroom at 3am.

I don't think that's shoe trees. Time to call pest control or Ghostbusters!

Hey!

I´m having a little debate in my head about what shoes/boots to buy for autumn/winter. I want a pair of boots looking a little more dressy and not so rugged, so no Red Wings or something equivalent.

I´m looking at boot like this one from Allen Edmonds: http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/product_6524886_1_40000000001_-1?top_category=120552

Or a pair of these from Crockett and Jones: http://www.pediwear.co.uk/crockett/products/247.php

Or ofcourse the ever so popular Alden Indy boot:http://www.aldenshoes.com/Store/DrawProducts.aspx?CategoryID=109&ParentID=4&PageID=&Action=

I´d like to get your opinions on what kind of boots to buy. I´m thinking in terms of quality (ofcourse) over money. So I know it´s going to cost me a few cents...

I do have a pair of Wolverine 1000 mile botts that are fantastic, but they are a bit ruged and I want a "dressier" boot. Well that´s about it.

Give me your thoughts on the mather and I hope I´ll make up my mind soon!

//Alex

IMO, of all those boots above the C&J are going to be of the best quality. They are a step above the Alden and two above the Allen Edmonds.

If you are looking for a winter boot, you might want something with a Commando Sole. Many of the English boot makers have that option and there's also the Ultimate Indy from Leather Soul and they can still look somewhat 'dressy'. Just a thought.

^^

The boots are stunning, but I'm shocked with C&J pricing....

My vote will be Coniston for urban living, if you need to stomp the mud, Snowdon will suits you better. Or get combo AS Kelso and AS Culford, both boots will cost you C&J Snowdon.

Anybody have any worn in trickers malton (c-shade) or trickers stow(marron)? Not sure if should kop the boots

Sorry for the wait...Wetherby in c-shade, Burford in marron, and Stow in acorn antique:

scaled.php?server=825&filename=dscf3002h.jpg&res=medium

scaled.php?server=705&filename=dscf3003g.jpg&res=medium

scaled.php?server=696&filename=dscf3004e.jpg&res=medium

scaled.php?server=204&filename=dscf3005.jpg&res=medium

And the front of a freshly deglazed pair of Cheaney Neath...the stains on the toes of these don't look as bad now, all I gotta do is decide what colour to dye the leather...

scaled.php?server=88&filename=dscf3010i.jpg&res=medium

what did you use to have the shine on the boots?

anyway what cream do you use for marron and c-shade?

Saphir renovateur to condition the leather...Saphir 'cognac' wax polish on the marron and occasionally on the c-shade (the c-shade has a matte finish, anyway - I don't bother with going for a high-gloss finish on it), and Saphir's light brown/marron clair on the acorn Stows.

Hi,

Got a sizing question for Alden Indy Boot.

I wear size US11 in Nike etc. And US 10.5 in Clarks.

Would a US11 in Alden Indy fit me?

Or would they just be to big?

Thanks

i think a whole 1.5 down is a bit much no? I wear 10 in Nike's and 9.5 Indy's... I think sizing down .5 is about right.

Sizing "down" from Nike is not the correct way to size your shoes. You should only ever refer to sizing down, or sizing approximation, from your measured foot size or Brannock size. Dress shoes and Mocs typically fit true to measured foot size. Sneakers like Nike almost never do. I'm a 10 in Nike but a 8.5-9.5 in Dress shoes, Alden, Quoddy, Yuketen, etc. My measured foot size is just slightly over 9 on one foot and right at 9 on the other.

I guess all feet and sizing is different and relative to the foot as well. I'm a 10 in my Nike Free's but wear a whole size smaller than you in Alden Trubalance (8.5) . Weird.