Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Is that through shoemart? Can you find the blemish? Sometimes it is hard.

Your whole post is pointless. Why even bother posting? "Wow. How did u size?", etc... So much of this absolutely useless, superfluous shit in superdenim these days. Do you really care if he can find the blemish? Of course there is a "blemish", they're fucking seconds.

let's get this back on track...

I'm digging the turned up toes and the shape of the toebox on these...

qysm4j.jpg

maybe this is a good last for some viberg service boots

Your whole post is pointless. Why even bother posting? "Wow. How did u size?", etc... So much of this absolutely useless, superfluous shit in superdenim these days. Do you really care if he can find the blemish? Of course there is a "blemish", they're fucking seconds.

Sorry Chump. The purpose of the post was to point out that great shoes can be had through the shoemart seconds. I have a pair and the blemish isn't even noticeable. I don't think enough people take advantage of the Alden seconds.

Man you suck dude.

let's get this back on track...

I'm digging the turned up toes and the shape of the toebox on these...

qysm4j.jpg

maybe this is a good last for some viberg service boots

Great lookin shoes, but I can't stand those soles. Those huge white crepe soles kill every boot for me. Can't they make those soles a different color? Alden does them in black.

I have a pair and the blemish isn't even noticeable. I don't think enough people take advantage of the Alden seconds.

I have to agree with this. I had a pair of cap toes that were seconds, and the only thing I could find was a small superficial scratch near the toe. It seems like the flaws are the kinds of things you wouldn't notice after 2 or 3 wears anyway.

And a huge price reduction (usually over $100) is well worth a minor flaw.

Great lookin shoes, but I can't stand those soles. Those huge white crepe soles kill every boot for me. Can't they make those soles a different color? Alden does them in black.

I agree completely with this. Somebody must like those soles since so many people buy/wear them. Personally I can't stand them.

That is a nice shape. Why don't you join in on the group buy?

thanks for the suggestion, but I'm going solo on this, from Ed's comments I take it that they won't make boots from foot measurements for the group buy and a friend of mine got a custom pair that is made from measurements and tracings, so I rather go solo and have that option.

group buy ain't really movin' anyhow it seems...

not a fan of the soles either, on RW's they look good though.

I have to agree with this. I had a pair of cap toes that were seconds, and the only thing I could find was a small superficial scratch near the toe. It seems like the flaws are the kinds of things you wouldn't notice after 2 or 3 wears anyway.

And a huge price reduction (usually over $100) is well worth a minor flaw.

u guys got me interested, wouldn't mind an extra pair of Aldens, how do u get in on this? is it even possible if you're not in the US?

Did demonito get his through the shoemart or somewhere else?

I think you just need to email the shoemart and have them put you on their seconds list. They send out an email every so often with a list of seconds that are in your size. I am typically an 8D, but I told them to put me on the list for both 8D and 8.5D.

I think I've signed up for the seconds list a few times now, if they don't have your size, you just won't get the email, which is nice. But it also means I have no idea if I've been signed up for the list..

strange, i emailed them a couple of times already to get on that elusive 'seconds' list but to no avail. Some people on styleforum suggest its better to give them a call...

didnt know we 8D guys are a rare breed :D

Did demonito get his through the shoemart or somewhere else?

I think you just need to email the shoemart and have them put you on their seconds list. They send out an email every so often with a list of seconds that are in your size. I am typically an 8D, but I told them to put me on the list for both 8D and 8.5D.

you got the email adress?

you got the email adress?

Unfortunately I don't. I just checked my email and I couldn't find it and I don't think they post it on their site. A call to them would work though:

1-800-850-7463

Sorry.