Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

That's right, I do remember your White's. I guess do it right the first time and go to Okuyama, huh? Man, I have like three or four pairs of Engineers I want the Okuyama special done on. I just need to take a back to Japan...

Edit: Ed, do you still have those Bounty Hunters?

still here buddy waiting for you

also weighing that option - I've got White's coming (black, cap-toe, no 705 because it's not an option via Baker), but I figure they're still a month out, and it would be 4-6 more weeks for brown SDs to arrive.

I figure the Wolverines would be here next week, which would be nice as I currently have no boots I like wearing.

Other options in consideration - LL Bean Katahdins, Corcoran brown jump boots, then my brown SDs down the line. Seriously tempted by the jump boots, but I can't get a handle on how comfortable or uncomfortable they might be.

It might be a great alternative to Hukurokuju in Japan, but not as artistic I suppose.

Cheers!

MB, you got to send them over to Okuyama-san. (Even though he has a 2 month queue) He really knows how to take apart the boot, even re-welting, re-corking and punching in the wooden dowels. I've trusted him to redo 6 pairs of boots and he's proven time again that he's the best at what he does. The reason why it takes so long is that he insists on finishing every boot himself. (he never lets his assistants do that)

With the kind of boots you have, some of them rare and historic, I would only give to someone who gets it, 100%. The cons of course are the wait and price. (the dollar is in the crapper too)

He's redoing some 1960's / 70's Chippewas for me now. I'll post pics in 2 months!

So I've got a pair of custom black Semi-Dresses coming - I'd really like to get a brown boot as well. I'm limited due to wearing a 13EE and hating moc toes.

There's the Wolverine 1000 Mile for $325 in various places - or for another $160, I could get Smooth Brown Semi-Dresses or Bounty Hunters. But I would have to wait on those to be made, of course.

White's wait ain't that bad - WESCO is loooong

Question.

Would Real McCoys Rigger and Toy McCoys Ironclad Railman boots size similar..???

i size Alden Indy 7.5 D

thinking about getting a pair of Toy's, but I'm unable to size in NY,

there are a pair of Riggers here at BiG that i can try for size..

thank for the help gang..

I've been reading this dude's site for about an hour and I'm pretty sure it's the dude from the surplus store in Falling Down.

He's used to dealing with reenactment nerds who are probably super frustrating and worried about the tiniest detail...don't know him personally, but the service at their company is superior.

Question.

Would Real McCoys Rigger and Toy McCoys Ironclad Railman boots size similar..???

i size Alden Indy 7.5 D

thinking about getting a pair of Toy's, but I'm unable to size in NY,

there are a pair of Riggers here at BiG that i can try for size..

thank for the help gang..

Toys McCoy are 0.5 sized bigger than tagged size. So 7 = 7.5.

Not sure about the Real McCoy's. I wonder if its the same last.

my 20+ year old trickers have developed a small crack on the outer edge of the right foot, of course, right where the ball of the foot flexes.

i saw it this morning as i was putting them on, and slapped some obenhauf's on to try to stop it from getting worse.

are they shot? i get the feeling this is one of those "not worth fixing" things.

took a quick pic but can't upload it until later this evening.