Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

coleslawyum,

and how did you size for the Toy's if you don't mind to respond.

Half size down from your Alden's size. ie. 9.5D -> 9E. Like MB said, they are built with incredible quality. But personally I find them a bit too pretty to wear hard.

I believe Real McCoy boots are built in-house.

SAPHIR Shoe Cream + Wax.

Quick question:

I've got two pairs of boots I'm seriously considering, either RW Iron Rangers or 875s. Before purchasing, I wanted to inquire about the sizing... I know tons of folks in here have first hand experience.

If it's any help, the Indys that I have are 9.5 (regular width).

Any help is greatly appreciated.

alden shoemakers are more sloppy

I am an Alden fan boy and as much as it pains me to say this, the quality of the more recent pairs has seemingly dropped. Whether this is a self-perceived drop in quality due to the abundance of products on the market (J.Crew etc.) and having held them in person (not to mention all the complaints one can find on the internet) or whether it's an actual drop in quality due to the producers unable to keep up with all the orders, is really up for debate...Anyone else feel the same?

Of course, I'll still support their products and stay loyal to the brand (whenever I get the cash!) and I'm all for their recent "spotlighting" in more mainstream mediums but hopefully they don't lose sight of what makes them great...

Out of all the shoes I have handled, Alden has the crappiest build quality out of all of them. I equate them to things like a Les Paul Custom or a Corvette, American classics that are made like shit (in comparison to their comparable counterparts). However, there's something very honest and timeless about Alden's that I really dig. They're also very comfortable and fit very well out of the box.

They don't have the refinement of a shoe from Europe or Japan, but isn't that part of the charm?

A few noob questions.....:o

Looking for a pair of boots similar to the Alden Roy or Wolverline 1000 but with non slip sole and durable(work in the kitchen everyday).

I like both boots but i don't wanna wait 8 months for the Roy and i think the leather sole on the 1000 mile would be a little too slippy for me.....price is no big deal.

Oh yea, definitely will rep, any advice would be deeply appreciated.:)

Maybe you should consider White's semidress. You can choose the block heel if you don't like the usual one. Seriously tough boots, choose your sole, custom order your leather choice etc and nowhere near as long a wait as the Roys.

Looking for a pair of boots similar to the Alden Roy or Wolverline 1000 but with non slip sole and durable(work in the kitchen everyday).

I like both boots but i don't wanna wait 8 months for the Roy and i think the leather sole on the 1000 mile would be a little too slippy for me.....price is no big deal.

Can anyone recommend a good boot repair shop San Francisco? I have a pair of White's loggers I want resoled, don't want to take them just anywhere.

Al's Attires. Recently had my White's Farmer Ranchers resoled there and they did an excellent job. And they have stock of Cats Paws.

marineabilly,

thank you for finding the time out there to give me your advice and personal and posting your amazing collection. really nice stuff there, tons of years of work on many of those boots must take, and will continue to take..

after hearing from you and coleslawyum, i am def very set on having the chance to get a proper fit for Toy's McCoys or Real McCoys for a future work boot purchase. thank you again!

:)

I agree with denim phenom; a kitchen is no place for a pair of nice boots. If you're looking for something that can handle the hell that is a working kitchen, I'd say look into something like White's smokejumpers. Those are built to handle forest fires, so heat, grease, water, cleaning chemicals, etc. shouldn't kill them.

Personally, I always wore Doc Martens back in my kitchen slave days.

get a whites in oiled leather or wescos in oiled leather and you can use that for kitchen work.

its all int he leather man and make sure to get vibram soles like the 435/430 minilugs or those big lug soles the rest are just fucking slippery on oily surface

Guest White Man's Burden

this shit right here, will be mine. one day...

if anyone knows a similar model that can be more easily obtained, let me know!

crockett-and-jones-shoes-coniston.jpeg?w=400&h=363