Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Just got my frye brandos resoled. I am totally surprised at how mean and tough they look now. The only part of these boots I didn't like was how flimsy the sole was. Now it is burly.

003smallp.jpg

001smalli.jpg

Added a new leather sole and a vibram half sole.

I like them . How thick are they?

Ohhh. Maybe a little over half an inch. I like the feel walking around in them.

I've always loved those Brandos. The Rands that replaced them kinda have too much of a pointed toe for my liking.

no boot replaced the Brandos, i have owned the boot under both names and they are the same boot. Whoever owns the right to the Brando trademark started to crack down on them, and they just had to change the name.

Using shell for a workboot is pretty incongruous IMO. Horsehide would be more appropriate....and also more interesting since, apart from Thorogood and some of the Japanese stuff, there aren't many shoes available in it.

It's like they're trying to hit as many current hot buttons as possible ("workwear", "cordovan","limited collab" etc.).

Not for me.

no boot replaced the Brandos, i have owned the boot under both names and they are the same boot. Whoever owns the right to the Brando trademark started to crack down on them, and they just had to change the name.

Hmm, good to know. To me the toe looks a little more pointed on the Rand than it did on the Brando, so I figured they were different boots.

Using shell for a workboot is pretty incongruous IMO. Horsehide would be more appropriate....and also more interesting since, apart from Thorogood and some of the Japanese stuff, there aren't many shoes available in it.

It's like they're trying to hit as many current hot buttons as possible ("workwear", "cordovan","limited collab" etc.).

Not for me.

I would agree that it seems rather gimmicky. Although, I do believe that wolverine made shell work boots in the 20s and 30s. I believe I have seen adverts stating that.

From the pics they look beautiful, but 700 hundo for wolverines is a bit over the top.

I think I may have posted these ages ago, but I can't remember and just stumbled across the pics on my computer.

Some vintage chukka's my buddy picked up in a thrift store ages ago. I don't even remember the company. Beautiful:

IMG_8541.JPG

IMG_8542.JPG

IMG_8543.JPG

trying to order a pair of white's oxfords but having a little trouble. they come in a variety of leathers. brown, distressed, red dog but each comes with a choice of "smooth" or "rough out". may i know the difference? i tried running up google but didnt get an answer.

also, if i wanted something that looks like:

Viberg-Oxford145-1.jpg

which colour should i be picking.

sorry for the questions but its incredibly hard to make an online purchase when you havent got the chance to handle the real thing or even anything close for that matter.

trying to order a pair of white's oxfords but having a little trouble. they come in a variety of leathers. brown, distressed, red dog but each comes with a choice of "smooth" or "rough out". may i know the difference? i tried running up google but didnt get an answer.

also, if i wanted something that looks like:

Viberg-Oxford145-1.jpg

which colour should i be picking.

sorry for the questions but its incredibly hard to make an online purchase when you havent got the chance to handle the real thing or even anything close for that matter.

ranonranonarat

those are sexy~

do they make them in a boot as well?

Not for me.

Shell cordovan was originally used for work boots and shoes. It used to be cheap to produce and is extremely durable and water resistant.

^^love the leather, but damn

the toe is too punctuated and square to possibly look good when worn

prove me wrong

I think they're fine - not a very Americana/work-wear aesthetic, but they ain't mean to.

They're fairly traditional Italian dress boots I've been told, i.e. not meant to look like Tricker's or Lone Wolf's.