Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

How much of a weight difference can I expect with a steel toe? I'm considering adding them to a future pair of Semi Dress.

I think the steel toe does not add too much weight to the boot. Most of the weight on boots is in the heel, so some more weight in the toe area wouldn't be noticed too much.

hey guys,

i gotta a question for ya'll: i just bought some redwing 9012's, and i am trying to decide on how to treat them. I have some weather protector from red wing and some obenauf's. is there anyone with more knowledge than me that can point me in the right direction? which one should i use? or should i get something totally different. all help is much appreciated!

jezus christ White's! Are you trying to grab all my lunch money!

sorry for the rant but new Whites boots model (swing last - Americano) is available on bakershoe and it's looking very sexy

http://www.bakershoe.com/shop-by-brand.cfm/brand/whites-boots/product/38-swing-last-semi-dress---americano/

I never felt fully comfortable wearing my SD's because of the arched heel so this is the perfect alternative! Anyone interested in buying a pair of SD's in brown size 8C in perfect condition?

Those boots look great! I wonder how they fit in relation to the Semi dress last? Now all they need is to have it available in shell cordovan!!!

jezus christ White's! Are you trying to grab all my lunch money!

sorry for the rant but new Whites boots model (swing last - Americano) is available on bakershoe and it's looking very sexy

http://www.bakershoe.com/shop-by-brand.cfm/brand/whites-boots/product/38-swing-last-semi-dress---americano/

I never felt fully comfortable wearing my SD's because of the arched heel so this is the perfect alternative! Anyone interested in buying a pair of SD's in brown size 8C in perfect condition?

And I can't decide what kind of eyelets to ge with a pair of Black Semi Dress.

What color sole? I just did a pair in black Smokejumper leather (super thick, awesome for my winter version SD) with a brown sole edge and did antique hooks and eyes and I love the combo. My cap-toe brown SD have all eyes in the same color. Overall I think the hooks and eyes work better as they are easier to get nice and snug but I do like the look of all eyes. If going with a black sole, go with black hardware. I don't care for the brass hardware on any color myself.

Camera battery is dead but I'll get some pics of my new boots up soon.

Those White's Americanas do look pretty nice but I agree they are awfullly similar to the RW Gts, but again with the Whites I hate the heels - this time the problem for me is that they just look too oversized to me. Vintage boots usually had a shorter heel and that's the look I prefer. The Buffalo leather should be good though.

What color sole? I just did a pair in black Smokejumper leather (super thick, awesome for my winter version SD) with a brown sole edge and did antique hooks and eyes and I love the combo. My cap-toe brown SD have all eyes in the same color. Overall I think the hooks and eyes work better as they are easier to get nice and snug but I do like the look of all eyes. If going with a black sole, go with black hardware. I don't care for the brass hardware on any color myself.

Camera battery is dead but I'll get some pics of my new boots up soon.

Please do! I'm getting all eyelets on these because my Bounty Hunters have hooks. I'm ordering them with a natural edge, single leather soles, and putting Cat's Paws on them when they arrive. Starting to lean toward antique because they're a little more subdued and less "skinheady" (it doesn't help that I have a buzz cut).

Fresh outta the box RW Iron Rangers

002-3.jpg

Those are really nice, post more after they've been worn in a bit please! Um.. how do you plan to treat them...and do you think the leather is shineable? I wish someone would just make a pair of vintage boots in regular old leather like most everything used to be made in. That's the reason I'm thinking about getting a pair of new Corcoran Tradition Jump boots (comes in black and brown). The leather is no frills, shineable and completely old school, haven't changed since WWII. I think they have a very similar shape to the iron rangers.

I've been speaking with the guys at Baker's - they assure me that I can get a pair of White's Smokejumpers, custom built on the Northwest Last. This last has a flat footbed - no built in arch - and would have to be built with a one-piece sole (example would be Vibram #232).

I'm going to measure up - with and without orthotics, and mail off to Baker's. These guys really seems to prefer White's over Wesco (they sell both). We'll see what they come back with once they have the details. The guys at the wesco seem very open to working with me as well.

Has anyone seen / own a White's boot on the Northwest Last?

Here are my new Semi-Dress boots that just arrived today.

Specs:

black Smokejumper leather (I'm sure it's called something else but I don't know what)

antique eyes and hooks

brown edge dressing

Vibram mini-lug sole w/ single leather midsole

These are unlined while my brown dress leather cap-toes are lined. The SJ leather is super thick, noticeably thicker then the dress leather but very soft and flexible. These were built for winter use, hence SJ leather and mini-lug sole.

dsc2580h.jpg

dsc2588l.jpg

dsc2582.jpg

dsc2581.jpg

This shot is to show the leather thickness. If you have a pair of dress leather ones to compare the difference is quite noticeable. The dress leather boots are on the thicker by far then either of my Aldens and these are thicker still.

dsc2586.jpg

And here is the shot of the collection. From L to R, back to front:

LL Bean Katahdin, Red Wing GT

Alden Indy, Alden Context Tanker, Russell Art Carter Chukka

black White's SD, brown White's SD

dsc2590l.jpg

Slide13, that's a great line up you got there ! I dig the brown laces on black boots too. I'm really wanting another black pair of boots and while we're on the subject here's a pair of boots I want but can not remember where I got the picture or who makes these - anyone know?

img2412s.jpgw800.png

Thanks guys, I'm pretty happy with them :)

I was also pleased with the brown laces. They must match the laces to either the sole color or the eyelet color. I wasn't sure what they would come with but brown was what I was hoping for.

Not sure what those black boots are, never seen them before but they look pretty nice.

Has anyone seen / own a White's boot on the Northwest Last?

I have a pair of 6 inch LLT smokejumpers on the Northwest last. This is the only pic I have at the moment, but can take some more for you tomorrow if you're interested.

Very comfortable boots, but quite a different feeling from the regular SJ last. I don't need them, but orthotics would not be a problem with these if you're having a pair made up.

whitesllt350ky2.jpg

Edit: Slide 13 - also meant to add, that's a great collection!! :)

Slide13, that's a great line up you got there ! I dig the brown laces on black boots too. I'm really wanting another black pair of boots and while we're on the subject here's a pair of boots I want but can not remember where I got the picture or who makes these - anyone know?

img2412s.jpgw800.png

what boots are these man? veery nice!

I wish the hell I could remember ! I usually rename pics with the mfg and model but I think it was real late when I came across these and just didn't. Been racking my brain, will let you know if I figure it out, hope someone else will know. I think it was a blog I was on..

you are in need of some action in London?pay the Milwall Stadium a visit in those,you wont be disappointed.

Millwall's ground is the New Den. And as I'm a fan of nearest rivals Charlton you're closer than you know. Just for you I'll wear these down the Toolbox come 13th March.

@mad_dye purchased from Dover Street Market in London if that helps.