Thanks man, they are:

Bounty hunter

6 inch

smooth brown leather

double leather sole

brown edge

celastic toe box

brass hardwear

Price was $429 from bakers. They might still have the 10% discount and free shipping going now 'grand' is the code.

Red Wing 875 - Mens - 6-inch (Black)

Need a resole but might be looking to sell em'. Anyone interested? (sz12D)

IMG_0638.jpg

Hard to tell from the one pic, but it looks like those are the black RWI line boot, not the 8130 (which is the 875 model, in black). The giveaway is the white lining and padding at the collar.

Thanks

Floors that look better with age?

My house is about 100 years old and I laid that floor. The original boards were butchered so I relaid victorian boards on the joists.

The nails are cut floor brads, as close as you can get to blacksmith made nails these days. Floors have had a bit of sanding to level all the boards up.

I think the black cherry have a lot more character, but that's just my opinion. Here's a shot of my black cherry GT's, with some wear.

DSCN1487.jpg?t=1256309837

is this model only available in europe? i've read that this specific model was released only in europe, and i asked the local red wing stores if they carry, which they don't.

is this model only available in europe? i've read that this specific model was released only in europe, and i asked the local red wing stores if they carry, which they don't.

I bought them from Cultizm. So they may in fact be a Europe only item. I don't know for certain though.

-Jake

My trickers as requested. Sorry about the bad lighting.

I can't remember how long I've had these, something like two and a half years. They are going to be due a resole soon and I thought I might get the welt changed to a natural welt at the same time with a lighter sole.

4056528348_2585dd344f_o.jpg

4055786381_b37df8402c.jpg

4056528052_2bb34df707.jpg

Alas mine is pine and hence not suitable for the hardwood thread..... (8.67)

You could make a "softwood" thread.

Alden sizing question...

Would a Trubalance last (looking to buy beater 405's) be a half size smaller than my Grant last size? Got some measurements from my local cobbler and I'm all confused now...he told me to go half a size larger than my 4060's (Grant last) but he didn't have my size in stock so I couldn't try them on...

EDIT: Did some more research and I guess this seems sound as the Grant supposedly runs large (like the Barrie)?

My trickers as requested. Sorry about the bad lighting.

I can't remember how long I've had these, something like two and a half years. They are going to be due a resole soon and I thought I might get the welt changed to a natural welt at the same time with a lighter sole.

4056528348_2585dd344f_o.jpg

awesome fre$co, i am thinking to change mine to natural welt too.

i remember long time ago someone posted their dark brown stow...is that charliebrown or charliesmith? And he has it re-do the sole at his dad's shop

So you sold a pair of Stows and kept the Wetherbys? I'd have done exactly the opposite (assuming they both fit the same). There's tons of beautiful plain boots out there but no brogues that come close to the Stows.

And fre$co: thanks a lot. I had aready discarded the stupid idea of yet another pair of boots but now... Unfortunately the pound is still so low that even justifying another pair of UK made shoes is not that difficult...

Stows didn't fit, they are only made in 5 width. My stupid high instep doesnt allow me stows or burford. Besides, personally I think the Crockett and Jones skyes are nicer than stows and I have those.

Yeah I guess now is the time to buy our goods!

The Trickers Grasmere is coming out in black this week and replacing the brown currently on offer, good news is it's in a 6 width.

Fresco, with the Crocketts I've always found they fit much slimmer in the country boots than Trickers or am I missing somethin'? I got a wide right foot (circus freak) so my dreams of an elegant shoe are out the window.

Beautiful floor by the way, you're more than welcome to come and fit mine, I just know I'm gonna f@ck it up with my di-why ethic.

I wouldn't say the C&J I have are narrower but they definitely fit smaller overall, I wear a 9 which would be way too long in trickers.

I tried on some chukkas in C&J and had to go up another half size. I couldn't even get my feet in trickers chukkas because of the width issue.

The main problem I had with stows was where the tongue is attached, there is a point where there are several layers of leather that just dug into my foot with no hope of breaking it in since it was just too narrow. C&J don't have this.

My advice for laying a good floor is get the right tools! Don't try to bodge it.

I think you've nailed it on the head regarding fitting. Try them on first.

I've kinda teetered on the edge with C&J's, quite fancied some Snowdons for winter but as I know my Trickers sizing gonna run with some Black Grasmere's. I'm done with the perils of buying shoes on the internet blindly.

I'll get a pro in for the floor :D

Cheers

Alden sizing question...

Would a Trubalance last (looking to buy beater 405's) be a half size smaller than my Grant last size? Got some measurements from my local cobbler and I'm all confused now...he told me to go half a size larger than my 4060's (Grant last) but he didn't have my size in stock so I couldn't try them on...

EDIT: Did some more research and I guess this seems sound as the Grant supposedly runs large (like the Barrie)?

As far as I know Barrie Last and Trubalance Last are pretty much the same.

Just adding to the confusion ...

I have some cap toe shell boots in the grant last in a size 8D and I have the Indy (Barrie Last... I believe) in a size 8D. The indys have a bit of room in the toe and the shell boots are a little snug in the toe. I wish I would have gone a half size up on the shell boots with the grant last.

I have some cap toe shell boots in the grant last in a size 8D and I have the Indy (Barrie Last... I believe) in a size 8D. The indys have a bit of room in the toe and the shell boots are a little snug in the toe. I wish I would have gone a half size up on the shell boots with the grant last.

It's my opinion that the Trubalance and Barrie Last's run about the same...That being said I also wear the same size in the Grant Last allthough it's a bit more narrow in the toe area to me...When I start getting in the Leydon Last, Plaza Last Etc, I start sizing up a bit...