Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

^^Those boots look mighty comfortable, but I think the zipper kills it.

Here are some pics of some wingtips that I have when they were new.

wings.jpg

Left: 975 Alden's in Shell

Middle: Calf Church's Grafton. I find these a bit overpriced, but similar quality to a cheaper pair of Alden's, but a solid shoe nevertheless.

Right: Paul Smith something. Don't know the name, I just liked the color a lot.

Best bang for the buck is still a pair of Alden's. I would rather get a pair of C&J's instead of Church's for that price range.

check out shoebuy.com they sell that model as well as the Red Wing Inspired model which is also from Red Wing and looks almost identical for $150. If you do a search for a promo code and sign up for emails, it brings them down to $100 bucks...not bad for a pair of good looking Red Wings. I bought them and they are comfortable.

I'm looking to get a pair of White's SD for this winter. Brown, with leather lining, with all metal eyelets, natural edge and a vibram sole. My only hangup is it seems difficult to find fit pictures of anyone with skinny jeans and SD. I wear skull 5010xx and PBJ 007. Do they look chunky? I have a feeling it might look better than the RW GT which i'm also interested in because of the different toebox.

I will get pictures later but right now my only boots are my clarks beeswax chukkas and some CT chelsea boots I picked up while in London.

CaptMomo: get the ones from Cultizm.

Night ripper: GT are nice but White's are very much nicer. The toebox of the GT is very much more bulbous than the semi-dress. Semi-dress don't look overly chunky at all as long as you don't put a triple layer sole on them.

Night ripper: GT are nice but White's are very much nicer. The toebox of the GT is very much more bulbous than the semi-dress. Semi-dress don't look overly chunky at all as long as you don't put a triple layer sole on them.

Thanks.

I got nother question..

I just got these pair of leather shoes for free..

but the outsoles look worn out.

I am clueless when it comes to leather/dress shoes tbh.

Should I get it re-soled?

jeans017.th.jpg

THanks!

Also, got this off a friend who cleared out his place as he's relocating..

Should I get it re-sole-ed or sth?

jeans017.th.jpg

I got a new pair of 875 redwings. wore them for the first day today.... got 2 blisters.....is this normal???
every foot is different,my first pair of RW's,some Horweens GTs, got me through some pain,but after that i bought 4 other pairs and never had a problem breaking them in.its your foot maybe...

That sole is hardly worn at all. When you have worn the black part of the heel away, get them reheeled, when you are almost through the first layer of leather on the sole, get them resoled.

I never had blisters from any boots, serious pain yes but not blisters. Blisters come from rubbing right? so try thicker socks or an insole I guess.

lolz those are alden 405's so about 360ish

Those look like LeatherSoul's Ulitmate Indy's to me so the price should have been right around $450 or so...

Just got these off ebay. Theyre Lucky brand i couldnt really find much information on them but they are nice and comfy. I dont really know much about boots and stuff should i do anything to them?

d4t.jpg

strongly agree with you Fresco,would love to get a pair of semi-dress with single leathersole.on the other hand iam very pleased with the comfort and quality of my different GT's now.big advantage here was that i could try them on in the shops and than order online cheap.by now i prefer the silhouette of the semi-dress over the GT's,but for ca. 300,-$ + customs the risk is to high to order online,having them not fitting properly or things went wrong in the factory ( like on your bountyhunters).