Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

My next pair of boots will probably be Whites (same as picture). Im looking to get something that walks rather comfortable so Ill go for Vibram crepes. I noticed these kind of soles dont get too much love on SuFu. Anyone have any experience with similar soles. I own a pair of RW 875 and the crepe soles on those are not too great. They wear out rather fast walking on concrete surfaces.

Whites boots Northwest last, roughout, vibram sole

f_3fl9m_0f37deb.jpg

50p3dw.jpg

Just gave my tricker's a polish, with some lexol conditoner applied to it prior to the brush. Havent done it over 2 months now and a pic of my SD that i worn 2x a week

Sorry what kind are the bottom ones? SD? What's that short for?

My next pair of boots will probably be Whites (same as picture). Im looking to get something that walks rather comfortable so Ill go for Vibram crepes. I noticed these kind of soles dont get too much love on SuFu. Anyone have any experience with similar soles. I own a pair of RW 875 and the crepe soles on those are not too great. They wear out rather fast walking on concrete surfaces.

Whites boots Northwest last, roughout, vibram sole

f_3fl9m_0f37deb.jpg

I really like those. A while back I ordered a pair of Viberg Bobcats that look pretty similar to those and should be getting them in a week or so. Mine will be cinnamon roughout with a vibram crepe sole. Personally I love crepe soles, they're comfortable and feel a little more sneaker like. But I'm not sure why crepe soles don't see much love here, it seems among the equivalent work wear/boot enthusiast market in Japan they're a lot more popular.

some pics of my small collection.

3928592545_f99a259dda.jpg

these were my first work boots and I wish I could still wear them as much as I used to, but my feet have miraculously grown and these are quite tight. the cloudy weather made the leather on these look kinda weird, but oh well.

3929375190_c44bdbb40c.jpg

the most comfy shoes I own and also the best fit and best looking. they're my first pair of aldens and definitely not my last. These are closing in on the 1 year mark.

3928592219_0129d1b609.jpg

I've been wearing these for about 2 weeks now and things are going well. I got these from wwii impressions as a replacement for my red wings as my do anything anytime sorta boots. They're definitely not as comfy as my red wings were or as my aldens are, but I think I've still got some breaking in to do.

^very good stuff erk!

nothing to compare with some good aldens or whites but here are my cheap military boots I bought this summer. I got them cut down from 14 holes

dsc04117s.jpg

to 10 holes and replaced the laces

dsc05463d.jpg

my shoeguy did an excellent job

and I dubbed them with this shit

dsc05465l.jpg

dsc05466f.jpg

dsc05468s.jpg

next step: I think I'll change the sole with something less aggressive.

this is my self-customization boot project hah.

oh and here's a pic of a worn in pair of these

pare.png

50p3dw.jpg

What color is that. Is it the classic brown. Also, is that a single leather sole and what height are they... 5in?

Sorry for all the questions but I am thinking about picking up a pair.

What color is that. Is it the classic brown. Also, is that a single leather sole and what height are they... 5in?

Sorry for all the questions but I am thinking about picking up a pair.

yes rnrswitch,

single leather sole with natural edge and the standard dress brown and 5 in.

i just want to keep it simple

Hey, it looks good simple. I think the only thing i would change would be the double leather sole, but all in all they look great man.

Oh yeah, that was why we should have not gotten pull-tabs on the Leather Soul Jump Boot...because if you actually try to use pull tabs on boots, they inevitably break. Pictures to follow. I don't really care because as much as they were a nice added detail to the boot, they certainly don't make or break them. Now I just need to figure out whether I am going to repair or remove.

Has anybody had to take up White's on their one year warranty?

The leather upper on one of my semi-dresses is tearing away from the welting on the side. I noticed it last week when only two stitches had failed and now the sixth seems ready to give. These are only five months old, so this is clearly the result of a defect in their construction. The welt stitching seems to have simply missed the leather.

Pretty disappointing.

I have some 9011s and they are narrower than them. I wouldn't say narrower then chucks except for the fact that they start off stiffer being leather as opposed to canvas. Also note they are longer. Trying them on in store I had to size down from a 9 (usual Red Wing size) to an 8.

My custom Viberg Bobcats arrived today.

DSC_0555.jpg

DSC_0561.jpg

The color isn't 100% accurate, they're actually a little less orange tinted than they appear in these photos (they're cinnamon roughout to be exact). I basically sized these the same as my Alden 405s as advised and they fit great (1/2 size down from standard boot size and up in width).

I'm now trying to decide if I want to dub them. The cinnamon roughout is a little lighter than I was expecting and if I could darken them a little without losing the color completely that'd be great. Also, since they're basically a work boot I don't want to have to worry about babying them too much.

My custom Viberg Bobcats arrived today.

DSC_0555.jpg

DSC_0561.jpg

The color isn't 100% accurate, they're actually a little less orange tinted than they appear in these photos (they're cinnamon roughout to be exact). I basically sized these the same as my Alden 405s as advised and they fit great (1/2 size down from standard boot size and up in width).

I'm now trying to decide if I want to dub them. The cinnamon roughout is a little lighter than I was expecting and if I could darken them a little without losing the color completely that'd be great. Also, since they're basically a work boot I don't want to have to worry about babying them too much.

damn .. shit's nice.. where did u get it?