Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Yes I have a belt from LGC, he is a real moody bastard.... The belt is in no way as thick and hefty as the samurai belt and the buckle probably weighs about 1/3.

He also makes trucker wallets that are in no way as thick and substantial as redmoon.

man what are those engineer boots? chips with 705? wow! and those cowboys? whered you get those? details planning to get one sizing pls buddy?

^Yep, those are the Chippewa's with the 705's. I got those cowboy boots from Texas. Every single shoe and boot I have is in a 8.5 D, so I guess thats my size. Some may be slightly bigger than others, but usually an insole will fix that.

I'll pics of the cowboy boots when I get a chance to snap some.

Here are the packers when I first got them:

whitespackers.jpg

yeah wow seent hose packers before you posted them love it!

buit i would love those westerns more haha!

thanks bud

i promise ill spell the cobbler correctly next time..

did you send your to japan? and how did you tell them what to do?

or you went there?

Aww shit, I feel offended. Are you saying Hispanic men have no sense of style?

Just kidding. Actually, I figured since this was the only time I probably would ever visit Texas, I decided to get some cowboy boots. I love those boots even though they're a bit flashy in New Yawk City but great to run around town in.

No not sub-par at all. I like my belt from him.

I think the leather goods belts are pretty nice and priced well too. I have the natural tone bridle leather belt ($60) and it is almost too thick. Anything thicker would be uncomfortable. I think that many Japanese companies don't understand that too much of a good thing can sometimes be bad. (Just to be cliche. Now that everyone speaks in cliches these days.) Just look at the chumps with Redmoon everything, Redwing boots, selvedge denim jeans, and a jean jacket.

coleslaw please answer my queries6 posts up? thanks!

Hey Ed, what's shaking?

I usually send my boots to Okuyama-san. But the catch is that he only accepts bank transfers and doesn't speak or write a lick of English. I think it might be easier if you visit his shop the next time you're in Japan.

You can see my boots on his blog here. I think he posts all his jobs on his blog.

As far as the cowboy boots those are Made In Mexico generic brand from Texas size 8.5 D. You can get them anywhere and there are tons of custom boot makers in the States that are quite skilled and can make incredible boots. These were off the rack, but it still cost me 4 and a half bills. Craftmanship is spectacular.

whooaa those are yours? wow how much did it cost you? hmm howd you talk to the guy i assume your japanese right?

and hmm.. could you send me his email?

I own the three most popular boots on this thread: Alden Indy's , White's semi-dress and RW 875s. I also own RMW. But the boots that I seem to go more with these days and that I consider the most comfortable are my Russel Moc Imperials. I've had them for about a year and a half ( I think).

russ02.jpg

russ01.jpg

I've finally got my two pairs that I ordered back last year. Russell sent it to me with an incomplete address so I had to wait for them to be sent back by boat (to the US) before they could be resent to me in Australia. So about 7 months in total, but I finally got them. I'm also getting a pair of Oxford Mocs made, hopefully coming in the next month or so (if Aus post doesn't screw me again).

Russell Art Carter Chukkas in Tan French Veal.

russ05.jpg

russ03.jpg

Russell Mountain Safari boots in full Weather-Tuff leather.

russ06.jpg

russ04.jpg

The French veal is something else. Very smooth and buttery. I'm probably going to go with a pair of Whites Packers in French calf next to compare them.

I think the leather goods belts are pretty nice and priced well too. I have the natural tone bridle leather belt ($60) and it is almost too thick. Anything thicker would be uncomfortable. I think that many Japanese companies don't understand that too much of a good thing can sometimes be bad. (Just to be cliche. Now that everyone speaks in cliches these days.) Just look at the chumps with Redmoon everything, Redwing boots, selvedge denim jeans, and a jean jacket.

I have to agree, I got a samurai belt that I'm hardly using due to the simple fact that it's so thick, I find myself adapting to the belt instead of the belt adapting to me, that is not a good thing when it comes to comfort...

This picture of a toys McCoy boot reminded me of all the discussions about rough welts....

That is how a welt should be finished, take note Alden.

Picture taken from this good thread:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=53859

now that is how a pair of white's would look without that cuban heel imho, alot better! :P