Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

_MG_0176.jpg

stronghold semi dress this is where i polish my boots

great picture Ed; is that Kiwi polish you are using? Id' like to use neutral kiwi for my brown semi's

Yesterday I stopped by a shoe store in Manhattan that is qualified to do orthopedic-level shoe-fitting. They're authorized for both Red Wing and Alden. They carry RW 875s and can get Indies. What's special about them is that they're staffed by pedorthists who really know how to fit shoes. They also offer tutoring in pedorthics and make orthotics and can alter the shoe itself to fit the foot. I think they might be able to help if you're calling from far away and need fitting advice over the phone.

Other than Alden and RW, their other brands are more along the lines of comfort shoes, eco- and earth-shoes....

Eneslow Shoe Comp.

470 Park Ave. South

NY, NY 10016

212-477-2300 or 800-ENESLOW

Yesterday I stopped by a shoe store in Manhattan that is qualified to do orthopedic-level shoe-fitting. They're authorized for both Red Wing and Alden. They carry RW 875s and can get Indies. What's special about them is that they're staffed by pedorthists who really know how to fit shoes. They also offer tutoring in pedorthics and make orthotics and can alter the shoe itself to fit the foot. I think they might be able to help if you're calling from far away and need fitting advice over the phone.

Other than Alden and RW, their other brands are more along the lines of comfort shoes, eco- and earth-shoes....

Eneslow Shoe Comp.

470 Park Ave. South

NY, NY 10016

212-477-2300 or 800-ENESLOW

i bought a pair of ALdens from them last year, they were very help full with the measuring of my foot

they had a ton of crocs which are supposed to great for your feet and very comfortable. i still dont think i could ever wear a pair........

i bought a pair of ALdens from them last year, they were very help full with the measuring of my foot

they had a ton of crocs which are supposed to great for your feet and very comfortable. i still dont think i could ever wear a pair........

These new pair of crocs are their most normal looking ones and I think I might get a pair because I heard they're comfortable

th_newcrocs.jpg

all you boot lovers with little feets need to jump on these.

I'd be highly tempted, but I've got narrow feet, unfortunately. May cause me to sell off my shell Aldens, but I'm waffling on it.

Leather Soul really does put out some great stuff, Amlai, those boots look fantastic! I think I'm going to be back in Hawaii this fall, which will mean I have to drop by and drool all over the inventory. I fear the consequences for my wallet if I decide I must have a pair of Edward Greens, though. :o

trickers Factory Store[b}

Dont know if anyones mentioned this on here before but the trickers factory has a store that sells pretty much every model for a flat fee of £100,some for slightly less(chukkas,ladies etc.) I went there before and they had a good selection,the guy was really helpful and gave me a history of the brand etc..Most of the shoes had no noticeable defects and he said that if he didnt have a second in a model he just pulled in a perfect pair but still for £100.not such a good selection in 8 or 9 but most other sizes had keswicks and bourtons in good colours(c-shade etc..)definitely worth a look if youre in the area(churchs and most other english shoe factories are nearby) but i visited before they set up an ebay store so may be worth ringing them first.worth it just because you have to walk through the factory to get to the shop,so many shoes...

^I'd like to see them first. If I go for them, I'd probably keep them polished like normal black boots. Too much military background, gotta keep a shine on! But then it's so hard to keep the stitching white and the welt natural. So I'd just let that part go... And then how would they look?

here here!!! i have a pair of the black GTs, and the laces are really nice...if I could find a brown pair of the same type of laces, i'd be happy

It's been said here before, but the RW GTs have some of the best laces around. Wish I knew where to get extras of those!

here here!!! i have a pair of the black GTs, and the laces are really nice...if I could find a brown pair of the same type of laces, i'd be happy

Way back in this thread, GregNYC posted about buying some WWII repro waxed laces from What Price Glory. (He put up some pictures on page 127.) Greg, how did those end up working out, especially regarding quality, how well the hold a knot, and durability? They look pretty nice, although perhaps a bit thicker (and stretchier?) than GT laces. Plus, they only come in one color (brown), and it'd be weird buying laces and paying more in shipping than for the laces!

I've found that the laces on my Indys are about as worthless as tits on a bull. I've already gone through 3 pairs of the laces provided by Alden. Does anyone know of a more durable replacement??

I think Alden has a more durable waxed lace than what comes on the Indys. It's about 2x as wide/thick. I had asked an Alden dealer to get me some waxed laces like the ones that come on the shell boots and that's what came instead. They're definitely more durable, so I'm perfectly happy with them. I guess maybe ask Alden if they have anything and see if they'll send you some?

if anyone wants some alden 405's ...

Sherman Brothers has them at 10% off....

Been to Sherman Brothers storefronts in Philly a few times. Very nice family. Very knowledgeable about Alden, and were always happy to geek out about Cordovan with me for a few minutes...and ofcourse, they're Philly boys like me....Totally support Sherman Brothers

My laces on my Indies were dust after like the first 2 months. I now use leather laces and haven't had an issue with them. One set has lasted for over a year.

Hi guys.. I have been reading this thread on and off for a while. This is my first time posting here. I was having some problems with black cordovan shoes.. I hope any experienced guy could please give me some advice. anyways.. my girl friend kicked my black shoes with her wet white sneakers by accident and she left a white mark on my shoes. I tried to get rid of it with a little water first, but it didnt quite work, so then I tried to cover it with several layers of black kiwi shoe polish. well.. this is how it ended up.. its still quite noticeable at the side.

2637086432_34f6355ab3.jpg

I am wondering if anyone knows how i should cover the mark more effective. Please let me know if anyone knows how to solve this problem. thanx a lot

Alden horse's ass update:

img1097sizedxl3.jpg

Left to right, top to bottom: AF60, 4060, LeatherSoulxStyleForum, #8 Indy, Cigar Indy, 43601 Cigar Plaza captoe

As promised a while back, now that they've been worn quite a bit, a closeup of the Cigar Indys:

img1101sizedhv6.jpg

My #8 shell Indys still get a lot more wear though. They've just become so amazingly soft and comfortable that it is hard to get myself to rotate to the other shoes.

cliffpoo: where is the mark?

amlai: i hate you man!! i hate you, what a collection you have there!!

BTW, color seems to be vice versa on the 4060...seems like the toe on one side is lighter and the body on one side is lighter? Lightning or is it really like that?