Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Is this boot from Red Wings a decent boot at all? I'm considering it in the fall possibly.

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/28439991/c/103047.html

Nothing wrong with I would say. I mean, it is not going to be the same as $600 boots, but I have a pair of similar crepe soled RWs and am happy with them. Red Wing is a good boot company if that is the question, even though they are kind of the Nudie of boots around here now: we all started with them and then those with money moved on.

yeah thyre not that cheap but the quality on those lonewolf boots are top notchi can do a head to head comparo if you guys want

alden indies ultimate's

lonewold carpenters

whites boots stronghold model semi dress

red wing 1911

anywone?

was afraid you were going to say japan - probably not worth the cost.

need new heel on my indy's... the rubber has a crack in it. was thinking about changing to a commando sole while i'm at it? think the central guys can handle that?

was afraid you were going to say japan - probably not worth the cost.

need new heel on my indy's... the rubber has a crack in it. was thinking about changing to a commando sole while i'm at it? think the central guys can handle that?

i know a very good cobbler in kowloon city, but i think he is retired. But one thing i can tell you is that DO NOT send to those cobbler in the mtr station.

I've got both of these beauties in size 11 for sale

($120) in the supermarket:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?p=1018493#post1018493

img1746sy0.jpg

Dark Wood

img1739zo0.jpg

Hickory

If anyone is interested, I just found out that I may be able to get these

in size 9.5, 10 and 13 (but only those sizes) as well. If you are interested please PM me and I will find out if I have the color and size available.

hey greg, you got any news on the second batch of ultimate indies yet?

just wondering

@tiro second batch of ultimate indys are coming in december

ah so the order is confirmed?

I had Tom order me an 11E but he didn't get back to me yet on the confirmation of the order...

Hi All,

Newbie here, I love this thread and have tried to read through most of it. I have a quick question, I have a pair of Red Wing GT 1906 and they are just a tad too slim. My foot is somewhere between a D and an E width (closer to an E probably) and I was wondering how exactly the best way to stretch them out was. I would just wear them in but I cant wear them everyday and I also wasn't sure they would stretch enough this way. I saw that GregNYC had mentioned he tried to stretch them out. Basically any advice on what I should do would be welcomed. I saw online boot stretchers and treatments too stretch out leather but I was worried these would damage the boots. Thanks.

I wanted to ask everyone about their experience with RW's "black chrome" leather. I've got a pair of these 8136s:

83020069318212238431208_L.jpg

The leather's picked up scuffing from wear, which is pretty noticeable against the sort-of-shiny surface of the leather.

For those with similar RWs, what do you use for leather care? Do you polish them? Or use a treatment like Obenauf's or Sno-Seal? Some other combo? Thanks for your advice!

^^^ Where and how much?? I want those!!

I got a used (hence the scuffing!) pair on eBay for about $80. I found the picture above on a Swedish site:

http://www.111vox.com/system/search/product.asp?id=830

The uppers seem to be very similar (maybe identical) to the RW 8130s, but the welt is a rougher tan leather, and it's finished off with a thick Vibram lug sole. Hope that helps!

I wanted to ask everyone about their experience with RW's "black chrome" leather. I've got a pair of these 8136s:

83020069318212238431208_L.jpg

The leather's picked up scuffing from wear, which is pretty noticeable against the sort-of-shiny surface of the leather.

For those with similar RWs, what do you use for leather care? Do you polish them? Or use a treatment like Obenauf's or Sno-Seal? Some other combo? Thanks for your advice!

i have a pair of 8130 and all i use is shoe cream (neutral) and polish it and buff off the scuff. After few more weeks of wear, i completely ignore those scuff and just let it be. Only use lexol conditioner once in a year ...

Just wanted to share my joyce with you guys!

Just ordered my first pair of semi dress today from stronghold and you're the only ones who can understand me!

8 weeks to go from now! Bill told me the factory was knowing hard times with the japanese orders. Those will be 8 looooooong weeks!

Could I use Kiwi Suede and Nubuck Cleaner on a pair of Red Wing [963]s? (Mistake there) I bought it for my Clae Leather slip-ons a while back.

If not, what's a cheap method of cleaning the boots?

Also, could I be reminded about when and if I should be using Mink oil?

Another concern, I mainly wear my SEXSC which fit very "snugly." A majority of the people I know say that I look fine pairing the jean with the [963] (D 12), but I get the feeling that it appears a bit too awkward because of the sudden size increase.

I'm curious if it would be worth it to order a pair of sized down Iron Heart Bootcuts to create a better overall look. The leg opening of my sugar canes barely fits around the top of the boot. The larger leg opening would look more relaxed instead of my current "leather pants" tightness around the ankle.

One more question: Are stacks or cuffs more appropriate when pairing with a boot?

I'll post pictures of me with the boots and sugar canes as a follow-up edit.

Edit:: But first [963] not 936 :D

963.jpg