Levi's Vintage Clothing

I've have two pairs of 47's that are easily going on 8 years of wear and the only area's that are really wearing through are the tops of the pockets and maybe the sides at the hips. Is this crotch thing everyone is having trouble with just the cause of wearing the jeans so tight?

Mine are pretty tight. Its definitely a matter of me stretching them hard, rather than a quality issue.

I got my 1915s the other day. Unfortunately I sized wrong. Another pair is on the way to my door. The missized pair measure 34.5 in the waist and 34 length after a 1.5 hour hot soak. Tagged is 34-34. If anybody is interested at a nice discount hit me up.

End Clothing have put a load of AW11 up on their flickr.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/endclothing/sets/72157626653811984/with/5690077053/

Including what appears to be a 1955 with offset belt loop

56900770530f7bb79e8fb.jpg

shouldn't the offset be on left side?

I have a pair of 607 and a pair of 615 LVC OT repro's. The 607's are ok...the 615's suck big time, awful fit, poor denim, just like the originals I guess :P

Awful fit and poor denim? I believe Levi's have been releasing them clandestinely under the 'Nudies' label for the last few years! :)

then they were made after 1976. we've narrowed it down to 76-83. i've never seen a back patch like that used that late in produduction. a real oddity and i still wonder about the 1501 on the back patch. they are 100% legit though. i have no question about that. too many other little details are spot on.

Will post photos of the pair Robbie found when I can get round to it, but found these 1982- model 501's with that I501 on the patch again (?)

I dont think it's an ' I ' standing for 'Irregular' as they used to stamp that in ink on the 2 horse patch (quite clearly).

Maybe it's a particular factory quirk?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DEAD-STOCK-VINTAGE-RARE-LEVIS-1501-JEANS-W-FLASHERS-/300554518491?pt=US_CSA_MC_Jeans&hash=item45fa71ffdb

Will post photos of the pair Robbie found when I can get round to it, but found these 1982- model 501's with that I501 on the patch again (?)

I dont think it's an ' I ' standing for 'Irregular' as they used to stamp that in ink on the 2 horse patch (quite clearly).

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DEAD-STOCK-VINTAGE-RARE-LEVIS-1501-JEANS-W-FLASHERS-/300554518491?pt=US_CSA_MC_Jeans&hash=item45fa71ffdb

it's interesting i hadn't seen the 1501 before. the 0117 suffix was used for about 2 yrs in the late 60's and it's a desirable feature. but i hadn't seen it used that late in production. i would love to know the answer, but the differences and oddities are what make it interesting. glad you scored that pair DR, if they were my size i'd want them too. it would be almost a shame to wear them though surviving deadstock that long.

Probably wont wear them from raw, as they have quite a musty smell (which l love btw - reminds me of old thrift shops).

IMO not old enough 4 me 2 consider 'vintage', but nice 2 own a pair of stf with redlines in my size. Seen dozens of ds pairs in the past, but always a short inseam.

I'm trying to piece together catalogs for the early collections of LVC, from 1996-2001, since they hadn't started yet making the hang-tag catalogs.

I figure that the range was small and static in the first three years, just these three jeans models, jacket models, and the one shirt. Dr_Heech & PaulT think this sounds right.

Does anyone have any models besides these from the years 1996-1998? Also, does anyone have any pre-distressed models from this time period. If so I'll update this catalog before sticking it in the "LVC catalogs" thread.

5692341311_381fd0547b_b.jpg

DR looking around on the net i have found several pairs with lot # 1501 all seem to be early-mid 80's era in both selvage and non. that 1501 is denoting something it was obviously an early 80's variant of the 501. what it is i'd like to know. when they arrive let me know if you see any differences from the standard early 80's 501.

Looks good roy6, all the XX denim at least. Not a bad line up, those 55's are awesome.

These early Lvc cards are dated around '99 -

002.jpg

There were also the spring bottom pant (the naff ones with the belt loops), the cover-ups (raw) and the 4 pocket sack coat (also raw) -

029.jpg

027-1.jpg

025-1.jpg

I also have the spring/summer 2002 hang tag, which has the very first line up of other non-denim garments. Let me know if you need pics.

DR looking around on the net i have found several pairs with lot # 1501 all seem to be early-mid 80's era in both selvage and non. that 1501 is denoting something it was obviously an early 80's variant of the 501. what it is i'd like to know. when they arrive let me know if you see any differences from the standard early 80's 501.

TBH the stuff made after 1980 wasn't worth a second look, and even the one's I bought recently remind me of why I liked vintage in the first place (yellow stitching, offset B/L ''etc). Dont get me wrong, they have a quirkyness about them, but that lighter blue...I dunno.

Still, last of the route '66' 501's ( last ones to have #6_ on back button/have dated '1966' on pocket flasher), and unlike Lvc are measuring out to tag size!

Will post pics when I get the chance.

I have a type 3 jacket that I bought at the very beginning of my denim obsession. I bought it because it was lvc and it was a slim cut but I don't know anything else about. Is the denim from cone mills? anything really special about the jacket other than lvc and not being made anymore? Any details from the experts would be great. The label has a number 70505-0217, Would any other numbers help?

I have a type 3 jacket that I bought at the very beginning of my denim obsession. I bought it because it was lvc and it was a slim cut but I don't know anything else about. Is the denim from cone mills? anything really special about the jacket other than lvc and not being made anymore? Any details from the experts would be great. The label has a number 70505-0217, Would any other numbers help?

what's the numbers stamped on the back buttons?

Sanforized denim, as on the Type 3, comes from Kaihara, just as on the 505 jeans.

AFAIK, the Type 3 is still part of the range, they reintroduce every year or two - you will need to post photos, esp. of the internal tag, for us to say more.

I'm trying to piece together catalogs for the early collections of LVC, from 1996-2001, since they hadn't started yet making the hang-tag catalogs.

I figure that the range was small and static in the first three years, just these three jeans models, jacket models, and the one shirt. Dr_Heech & PaulT think this sounds right.

Does anyone have any models besides these from the years 1996-1998? Also, does anyone have any pre-distressed models from this time period. If so I'll update this catalog before sticking it in the "LVC catalogs" thread.

5692341311_381fd0547b_b.jpg

Don't forget the 1920's 555 201xx

Back in the mid-1990's when I was stationed aboard MCAS Iwakuni, Japan, I purchased my first pair of expensive denim from a store called The Dan (the letters were reminiscent of The Gap). I purchased a pair of buckleback, big e redline Levi's called 702xx - I sold them back in '06 or so.

I also purchased (new) a LVC 71506 buckleback jacket back in '98 or '99 off eBay, which I still have, but don't ever wear anymore. It has great fades that I can't seem to get on any of my other denim. Perhaps it's because have too many that they don't get worn enough.