Levi's Vintage Clothing

I have that 213 denim jacket as well. I bought it on ebay, new, for $9.99. I think the seller had it listed wrong. I have not soaked it, but right now it fits about right and I wouldn't like it to shrink too much. What is the shrinkage you saw. One full size down as usual?

Hi, mine is a size 44" one wash, and that's how I bought it. Would love to buy a size 48 (xl) in unwashed, with or without tags. Anyone??

that collection is so amazing,

the duck family, great and i really wish i could get a hold of the 213 jacket.

any fit pics?

It's a tad snug, but it's one wash - which is how I bought it. Would love a deadstock 48 (xl). Will try and get the wifey to take some pics soon.

Is yours a 44?

^^ Your duck collection is amazing! Dont you wear any of em?

I have had two pairs of the duck pants, one a 34 and one a 36, but they didnt stay up right due to the IMO crappy buckle. Both have gone now, to ebay. The waistcoat is awesome, I may don it one day. The coat is weird, a copy of an 1873 hunting jacket. You wouldn't want to wear it - it only has a button at the top (meant to be worn with the other two items, whilst on horseback, apparently...)

I'd very much like to see the 44's worn in - do you have any pairs you wore in or are they still deadstock?

Very nice collection.

-Jake

Does anyone here know why or tried to figure out why the red tabs always have the trademark on them even when they shouldn't? I don't get it.

also: do the LVC japan jeans really not have the trademark symbol?

airfrog is right

i asked that question paul once too, and he said in japan the trademark law is different and that levis dont own the red tag there so they can change it, thats why my lvc japan 47 and 37 dont have the R.

I thought Levi's Japan did have a trademark on the red tag. They sued Sugar Cane and a few other companies to have the tab and the arcuate removed

nobody said they didn't have a trademark, they said the trademark laws are different. besides the element in question was the R circle on the red tabs, not the red tabs themselves.

I'd very much like to see the 44's worn in - do you have any pairs you wore in or are they still deadstock?

Very nice collection.

-Jake

Used to have a pair of worn in 44's (555). I dont have much worn in at present. Last year I was still wearing my 55's (555), 37's (643M), and 1901's (643M) - but alas they have been sold to ebay, as I was desperate to break in some others which I have recently bought, plus the pocket linings get worn out.

I have several I plan to wear/break in, including my 1944's (shirt material pocket lining editions from 2005), but that will take many years... Will defo post ongoing pics of current wearers..

Yeah its a great collection. Man check out the different shades on those 55s. Are the darkest pair from 05?

That's right, The dark ones in the top right are 555's, the left ones are 554's (slightly lighter) but those two at the bottom are both the heavier gauge editions, one a 36/36, the other a 38/36. Really dark, and stiff as a board ! - Both from 2005.

That's right, The dark ones in the top right are 555's, the left ones are 554's (slightly lighter) but those two at the bottom are both the heavier gauge editions, one a 36/36, the other a 38/36. Really dark, and stiff as a board ! - Both from 2005.

From what I can tell, the Spring 08's look as dark as your 05's; almost black. However, it's hard to tell exactly because the lighting in pictures plays a big part in what the jeans look like.

Does anyone here know why or tried to figure out why the red tabs always have the trademark on them even when they shouldn't? I don't get it.

Having the 'R' points out that it's a registered trademark. If they had the Levi's and a red tag without the R, rivals might claim that the trademark is not registered.

do the LVC japan jeans really not have the trademark symbol?

Some do, but not all. I believe Levi;s failed to get the red tab registered in time in japan, which is why other manufacturers can use it there. So I guess that sometimes Levi's Japan leave it out, for more authenticiy.

I've been told Levi's also failed to register the arcuate in time in Spain - which is why Lois can use a similar arcuate.

Great jeans, Dr H. I do like the cotton duck.. but I agree that buckle is a real pain, I sold my '1873' jeans cause they kept fallng down my ass, and my 1901 are nearly as bad.

Great jeans, Dr H. I do like the cotton duck.. but I agree that buckle is a real pain, I sold my '1873' jeans cause they kept fallng down my ass, and my 1901 are nearly as bad.

Thanks Paul,

also the length of the backstrap on the 1901's doesn't help - short/chunky. It seems every repro model year Lvc has made differs. I love the backstrap lengths on the 1880's (knappave) and the 1917's. These are definately the two older varieties which I plan to wear at some point. At present I'm donning my 1927's - they are ok, but I've had to make two adjustments (pocket stitching and backstrap shortening) because they couldn't be realisticlly 'cinched' when wearing. I've had a bit of a nightmare with these actually, they are the third pair I've had....

heres the original turn of the 20th century

1901buckle.jpg

Great buckle, more practical and the rust on the steel adds some extra 'authenticity'. I've seen these pics before when I originally trawled through this thread, Now that's what I call commitment ( I made a buckle out of an old coat hanger for a pair of '36 Lee repros once)

They work and they don't break like that pressed metal the LVC uses. I have a couple of buckles I bought from the vendor I posted and they work really good also. I don't understand why Levis doesn't do something about their buckles. They started supplying instructions to do what I've been doing for years and make the prongs the way the buckles were on the orginals. I guess safety codes won't allow them to actually make the points themselves.

They work and they don't break like that pressed metal the LVC uses. I have a couple of buckles I bought from the vendor I posted and they work really good also. I don't understand why Levis doesn't do something about their buckles. They started supplying instructions to do what I've been doing for years and make the prongs the way the buckles were on the orginals. I guess safety codes won't allow them to actually make the points themselves.

Yeah, that's crazy - HEALTH and SAFETY buckles! Do you think they'll make 'em in Hi-viz orange colours next !?!

Okay here is an update of my LVC 1937 201. They have been worn for 5 months and im washing next month or do you think i should wait?

3410187520_2b9e2d831b.jpg?v=0

it was dark in my attic so here is the best picture of the true color.

sorry for the flash pictures but my pictures got best that way...

3409377499_865fb03b6f.jpg?v=0

3410185916_69997eb530.jpg?v=0

3409375903_a8c46d60c1.jpg?v=0

i sew a patch so my hole in the pocket fabric would not get bigger.

3409375179_9051985d86.jpg?v=0

3410183764_525af6d648.jpg?v=0

here is a picture without flash

3409373799_7bf80a1e16.jpg?v=0

3409373139_693ddb62b0.jpg?v=0

3410181678_23d6858a8c.jpg?v=0

i like them for the vintage like fade.

Thank you! And Yes they can get better. Lets wait and see what they will look like next month. maybe its possible to wash or maybe not :D

I promise you that next time i will take some pictures outside in the sun.

The first picture is taken without flash under tha attic lamp. Its an okay indoor picture.

damn those 201xx are really nice, the first time now i see a worn in pair, so i should go more often with my own pair...

some STFs: from left 1984 1996s(524) 1993s(555) btw. I always thought Levi´s only produced LVCs at Valencia Street.... I really love the denim of the firtst two pairs, it´s very vintage like for open end denim:

img2330l.jpg