A.P.C.

jeepster

since i actually have apc's in 3 diff sizes, i can drop a pretty good post on here and maybe help connect some lost soul with their dream fit. its also a good excuse to take up a lot of space in the thread and get internet attention. yeah 9 big pics get ready to page down that shit

stats are 5'7"/171, 125 lbs, 28 waist. in order of purchase:

apc hipster 25, off ebay fall 2008, hemmed to 31 and actually pretty sure they're a little tapered too so idk if these even count. don't wear often, but def wearable if you find the sweet spot between diaper ass and nutgrab

5678-1.jpg5679-1.jpg5682-1.jpg

apc ns 27, ~xmas, nwot hemmed to 31 and worn regularly. was gonna go 26 but read some claptrap on sufu about how these dont stretch as much as indigo. im here to tell you fuck that shit they will still stretch

5683-1.jpg5684-1.jpg5688-1.jpg

apc ns 26, store-bought jan. crispy fresh, unhemmed, worn like they were my pants or something

5689-1.jpg5690-1.jpg5692-1.jpg

guess my fave fit

apc.jpg

apc2.jpg

I have no problem buttoning up mu new standards and I am quite happy with the fit but I am still worried I sized down too much.

When standing I can fit my fingers in my waistbad no problem but I can my front pockets are too tight to really keep anyhting in there. When I sit down the jeans are uncomfortably tight around my hips. I have to unbutton the top 2 to breathe.

So my question is will they stretch out to be able to sit comfotably or did I size down too much.

generally the more you need them to stretch, the more they'll eventually stretch. it helps to get the waistband wet. you can always tuck like 2 shirts into your jeans and walk around like that for a while, the possibilities are endless

the rest of the jeans seem kinda baggy tbh so i wouldn't size up any more. just finagle some bullshit method to force them to stretch faster

ya its weird becuase they are baggy below my thighs and the waist is not too tight

they are only really tight around my ass and front of my hips where the front pockets are.

i'm sure they will turn out fine but I am impatient :S

i think all apcs have really small pockets. my indigo NS fit fine throughout but the pocket area is really tight, i have a blackberry curve with a jacket on it and its hard to put it and take out...i stretched out the waist area by sagging extra hard for a couple of days, seems to have worked

You'll have fades without washing, they don't magically "show up" after you wash your jeans. It's up to you to wash them hot or cold, hot means more indigo loss and more shrinkage (though with sanforized jeans such as APCs all shrinkage is negligible, hot or cold). You can also use any detergent, though some people swear by woolite/bronners/samurai soap etc.

Anyone have any idea where I can cop some new cures in grey, in a size 25 or 26? Also I noticed they have petit standards on their website in grey cords, should you size down the same in the cords as you would for denim? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

i ended up washing iralex's grail APCs today before start to repair. i washed my FC as well, but i didn't throw them in the bucket together cause i was scared my jeans were gonna try and fuck her jeans...then i'd have a litter of half-selvage mutts! french bitches are so seductive

I tried out the new standards, and because Im not a skinny guy and because I started lifting, they just didnt work out. I got some rescues, theyre sick. I prefer them to the ns. anybody whos not sufu skinny hit up rescues, theyre not baggy at all and look real nice imo. the fit pic doesnt really do the honeycombs justice

rescues

11 months

1 soak at 6 months

no wash

dsc01598.jpg?w=450

dsc01599.jpg?w=450

dsc01600.jpg?w=450

dsc01603.jpg?w=450

dsc01604.jpg?w=450

oh btw Im selling the new standards I grew out of. theyre a sz 29 waist but stretched to about a 31-32 at the biggest