A.P.C.

jeepster

just got my New Cures in the mail. The fit is pretty much what I wanted and will look great worn in. However, I don't know if I sized down enough. I usually wear a size 31 in pants so I ordered the NC's in a size 29. I read that APC's are supposed to take forever to button up when you first get them, but mine went on in a few seconds with a little sucking in. Will these stretch out too much? I think I may actually be a true size 30 and should have gone with a 28. I mean, the waist is pretty tight but not off from the pants I usually wear. The fit all around unstretched is pretty much like how I usually wear my pants...will the thighs stretch out too much also?

Anyways, what I'm asking is, should I have gone with a 28 or should I just rock these?

yo n00bz

this may be a total late pass (i never read this subforum)

but there's a new style. it:s called petit standard.

it:s somewhere between new std and cures. lower rise, slightly more tapered, and etc

i just saw that jawn at APC homme in the japland

i would like some info about the petit standard. my main issues with the NC's was that the rise was too high and the crotch/midsection was too tight relative to the legs. like, in order to size down to the desired narrowness in the legs, i'd have to suffocate myself. my april 77's, by contrast, are really tight in the legs but still have room in the waist and crotch. i like apc's denim, though, so I'd be interested in apc's with a lower rise and narrower leg fit.

from the sounds of it, though, the petit standard is actually WIDER in the legs than the NC. is this true? why is it the "petit" standard, then? damn french.

I know it's been said a bajillion times, but APC denim really does stretch a lot relative to other raw denim, and especially in butt/hips, since that's wear there will be the most motion and stress. So if you have to size down to get tight legs, the top block will likely stretch out comfortably. My tagged 31 NCs have stretched to a little over 34 for reference, to the point where i have to wear them with a belt, though they were snug when i first bought them.

edit: and from one vancouverite to another, i'd avoid buying apc from a brick and mortar shop in town, they can be had for much less online.

from the sounds of it, though, the petit standard is actually WIDER in the legs than the NC. is this true? why is it the "petit" standard, then? damn french.

It's wider in the legs because the NS is wider in the legs than the NC. The PS is based off of the NS not the NC, hence the name.

It's wider in the legs because the NS is wider in the legs than the NC. The PS is based off of the NS not the NC, hence the name.

or

i got my petite standards in black, ordered from apc new york. usually a 28 so i just sized down one from all the ppl here saying the black doesn't stretch as much. they measure the same in waist as a 27 new cures but the calfs and hip area is a lot tighter i wouldn't reccomend sizing down two. i'm already slim and when i put them on the first time my lower legs were hurtin but after a week its okay now. if i sized down two, the waist would have been perfect, but then the knees and hips would probably kill me.

Which one is correct?

edit: and from one vancouverite to another, i'd avoid buying apc from a brick and mortar shop in town, they can be had for much less online.

Agreed, though I think a few stores here have dropped prices due to the dollar, while APC have raised their prices, so it's not as bad as it was a couple years ago (140 vs. around 200)

i just copped the apc petit standards yesterday in japan... i also tried on the new cures and i would say that they are pretty similar in the leg size... the guy said a lot of jap that i didnt understand but what i understand the petit standards are `low rise and tight silhouette`

i tried on my true waist with plenty of room to spare... so i sized down one... im not sure if the denim is sanforized but he did say that they will shrink...

im not sure if the denim is sanforized but he did say that they will shrink...

If all of the apc dry denim is the same denim.. which i assume it is, it is all sanforized. which means it wont shrink on the first wash...much.

maybe the guy meant after they stretch out, which they will.

i have blue nc in 27 and a black ps in 27. the ps is an all around slimmer jean. maybe because i am comparing blue with black, but the thigh is almost the same. the biggest difference is the hip area. the ps is has lower rise and is more snug than the nc. the waist however, measures the same as nc. also, the ps tapers a lot more than the nc. i much prefer the fit of the ps and think that a nc in 27 is too big for me ( i'm going to sell it really soon ).

Guest kyotousa

Can I see some fit pictures that someone sized down 3 on their New standard?

I am not sure if I should sized down 2 or 3

How bad is the knee bulge and where's the cheapest place to get them?

I saw denimbar sold them for 120 in other thread but not anymore