A.P.C.

jeepster

measure your waist where you wear your jeans

go look on contextclothings size charts and find the pair of apc's with THAT measured size

size down 2

example. im a true 34"

tagged sz 32 measures 34" in the waist

so i got a tagged sz 30, which measures 32" in the waist

post stretch, they now measure 34"

done.

is this for the new standards? or new cures? I am planning to get the new cure, but i was wondering how does the waist size differ from the new standard?

is this for the new standards? or new cures? I am planning to get the new cure, but i was wondering how does the waist size differ from the new standard?

okay, I have a pair of size 26 new cures, I've had them for like, a month and a half and when laid flat they measure about (a little under) 15" across. When I got them, they were 28". Whatever your waist size is find the correct size on the apc size chart and then go down two or three depending on how tight you want them to be or how much pain you're willing to go through.

When you measure waist you lay the jeans flat and measure straight across the waist and multiply by two.

If they were a size 26 they'd measure 14" across * 2 = 28".

After he wore them they stretched 1 inch for 15" across the waist so they were 30" around.

When you measure waist you lay the jeans flat and measure straight across the waist and multiply by two.

If they were a size 26 they'd measure 14" across * 2 = 28".

After he wore them they stretched 1 inch for 15" across the waist so they were 30" around.

yah, *after she wore them

I soaked my nc's for like, an hour and a half (?) in reaaaaaally hot water and they shrunk up a serious amount. They used to be borderline too baggy for my taste and now they're perfect. The only thing is I really miss how starchy/stiff they were. I starched them afterwards until they were damp but I just can't seem to get that feeling back. :c

go look on contextclothings size charts and find the pair of apc's with THAT measured size

size down 2

example. im a true 34"

done.

Whhhhhhat!

I think I'm a 33/34 waist (but I have massive thighs froms soccer)

and I could only go 32 in both NS and NC (my NS were pre-washed though - yeah I know, cheating). I popped a rivet for my first pair of NC in about 4 wears. Took APC a month to replace my jeans.

I recently dry cleaned the NC (as recommended by APC's website), they shrunk a homo amount. My NC are more like leggings now.

thighs aside, i dont see how a size 32 could fit you (true 33/34).

sz 32's measure 34,

so if youre a true 33, right off the bat theyre too lose for you,

and if youre true 34, shits gonna fit you perfectly, FOR A DAY.

maybe its that prewashed shits.

edit: talking about NS here, ive no experience with NC

^ What? You size down 2-3 because they stretch, not because they shrink...

wrong

i am like a 32.5-33 inch waist

i got a 31 in new cures

they have stretched to about a 35 (aka they sit on my hips)

yeah my new cures are a 28 and measure about 30.5 after 7 months of wear and they sit on my hips so i don't understand why sufu recommends sizing down so much.

if you woulda bought a sz smaller, they probably wouldve stretched to 30.5 also, just, the legs wouldve been slimmer.

size down 2

example. im a true 34"

done.

in essence, you're suggesting people size down FOUR?

what are you, nuts?

taking waist into consideration is one thing, but you're completely ignoring leg size. your method throws everything out of proportion.

the jeans are only going to stretch an enormous 5 inches if you're putting a shit load of tension on the waist.

denimbar's suggestions to size down two from your actual waist size for NS and size down one for NC seems perfectly fine and logical.

Hey, need some help!

I tried on a pair of NS (sz31) in a store, and the fit was pretty good, but if they stretched they would have probably been too big, so decided not to get them (the store didn't have a 30 I could try). I just bought a sz30 from a guy on this site, so hope those will fit after the stretch.

I'm thinking about getting a pair of grey NS, do the sizing run the same as the indigo NS? I'm usualy a 32 in Dior if that is any help....

And also are the grey APC NS a "light grey" (color) like Dior Dauphins?

Oh and if anybody has any pics of the grey NS please post :)

Thanks in advance!

in essence, you're suggesting people size down FOUR?

what are you, nuts?

taking waist into consideration is one thing, but you're completely ignoring leg size. your method throws everything out of proportion.

the jeans are only going to stretch an enormous 5 inches if you're putting a shit load of tension on the waist.

denimbar's suggestions to size down two from your actual waist size for NS and size down one for NC seems perfectly fine and logical.

depends on your point of reference, but in a way i did only size down 2.

i went from a measured waist of 34" (my true waist), to a measured waist of 32"

since apc's stretch 2 inches, it went from 32" to a 34" to fit my TRUE WAIST.

im not so nuts.

pics of me measuring my waist and measuring my jeans to come (proof)

oh and these werent even at all hard to button up when i first got them, so yeah, there wasn't an enormous amount of tension

apcz.jpg

just to be clear:

my true waist, where i wear my jeans, is ~34"

my size 30 NS, measured 32" when brand new

after wear/stretch, they now measure 34"

they stretched 2", NOTHARDTOBELIEVE.

again, they were not hard to button when brand new, no pain was felt.

f leg size, u have to have some thick ass thighs to challenge APC's NS cut + stretch properties