A.P.C.

jeepster

hey yayorc it might not be my business as well but if you post up fit pics, be prepared to handle a bit of criticism, because not everybody is gonna butter their words and tell you it looks great when it really doesnt. i think he might just be trying to dish out a bit of advice to you and if you're not ready to accept it, don't post up fit pics.

this is sufu.

this is sufu, most immature answer ever. if it doesn't fit, it doesn't fit. there's no need to tell a guy to cut down on carbs and do cardio.

f the haters.. cant believe all these rakes telling you to lay off the carbs or whatever.. you look pretty average sized to me.

agreed

I don't know about you, but I would be pretty damn dissapointed if I went to the gym seven days a week and resulted in looking "average". I like to run and lift just like the next guy, although my comment was smart ass I was merely just criticizing his routine.

and you know his rountine, how? what if he's doing a lot of leg presses, are you his workout buddy?

looking average? maybe he's built. i don't know that, you don't know that.

telling a guy to lose carbs and do cardio? do you even know what carbs are quite frankly? you must really feel great about yourself huh, i have a lot of respect for you. keep on posting your smart ass replies, this apc thread wouldn't be where it's at without you.

is there a way to get rid of the stiffness that comes along with the starch? i know a soak would get rid of it, but wouldn't that also release some indigo? ive only had them for a month...or does the feeling just go away with more and more wear?

they'll go away with wear, but you can also soak them, too. they'll only lose indigo if they're agitated during the soak, otherwise, a soak inside out and a hang dry. after they're dry, roll them a few times and they should be soft

this is sufu, most immature answer ever. if it doesn't fit, it doesn't fit. there's no need to tell a guy to cut down on carbs and do cardio.

agreed

and you know his rountine, how? what if he's doing a lot of leg presses, are you his workout buddy?

looking average? maybe he's built. i don't know that, you don't know that.

telling a guy to lose carbs and do cardio? do you even know what carbs are quite frankly? you must really feel great about yourself huh, i have a lot of respect for you. keep on posting your smart ass replies, this apc thread wouldn't be where it's at without you.

Relax, I understand your the defensive type. That's fine, but don't take this thread too seriously bro. Your right, the dude's prob jacked under those curves. Now that's settled, most of us agree that he's better off with a different cut or brand, and you're free to give an opinion as well.

also, yayorc, i have three solutions for you:

1) go to styleforum. when you ask for opinions there they have this knack of sensing what you want to hear and saying it to you

2) hem your jeans at least 3 inches and taper them.

3) choose a cut of jeans that flatters your bodytype and doesn't make your "chiseled" physique look bulbous

I still think yayorc's NS look as they should for being a damn-close-to-new pair... as in, a little too form-fitting in some areas that will certainly stretch out over time and provide a very versatile fit. They look way better than the Rescues.

Sizing advice will differ between forums; groups of people... Not to talk forum-wide trash or anything, but I've moseyed into the WAYWT thread on styleforum a couple of times. Not so great.

okay maybe this is just me, but I think toning down the comments just to be nice is a little too politically correct. I agree with the folks that are saying just take the critique and take it in stride.

Now then, on the jeans. Yes, the thighs will stretch. But honestly, if you're thick, and it looks like you're on the thick side, jeans with a taper will probably just make you look thicker. But hey, that's just my two cents.

Here's an idea. Don't do APC, find a different brand with a fit that works for you. Shit, maybe sugar canes, I dont know.

Or MAYBE you could just get some Petit Standards or New Cures, could be that that's the right fit for you.

Old and brand spanking new.

New standards, bought tts (27) hemmed to a 31 inseam.

Still don't see the reason behind sizing down 4 and dealing with shitty fits right off the get go. I buy them with the mindset that they should look good off the rack and will get better with age...not tolerable with age, oh well, just me I guess.

front:

5330339f606c11fa34131785cccf8f318c73012.jpg

back:

5330340dfc59f5fa9b3db47314f231431cb7d58.jpg

If I can fit a hand in the waste of my new rescues, how much smaller do I need to go?.. I am 33 in levis 538 and went for 31 rescue.

apc.jpg

It's really all about how you want to wear them, but if you want to size down I'd recommend a 30.

they way too baggy atm.. but would 2 down be too much?..

Just remember that they APC's do stretch out a fair bit. I went down so i couldnt even button up the top button. I would have even gone down another if i could!

having said that. Its obvious your not after a tight fit like i am. So i would at least size down to the 30 even the 29.

it actually looks like they fit around the waste and thighs but from the knee down it looks really bad. you might want to consider a different cut. your thighs might simply be too big for this cut (or even brand)

yeah i got big thighs.. i was thinking of going down 2 and just letting the thighs stretch out.. thoughts? is the thigh much smaller in a 29?

btw in the first pic i have my hand in the waste.

Sounds about right. I wear a size 31 in 511s and I fit in my 29 NCs just fine. It sucked at first but they stretch a lot. Mine stretched something like 3 inches in the waist. My calfs and thighs are chicken shit though so they didn't have to stretch too much there haha.