A.P.C.

jeepster

I think the sizing down rule is slightly different for each cut. I first got new standards and, although it was my fault and noobness for not doing more research, sized down 3. the dude at the store said to do so.

awful choice. I shouldve sized down 2 or 1 and I wouldve been fine. they never stretched enough in the thigh/waist.

I purchased some rescues a year later, and I sized down 2 for those, I couldve gone 3 if i wanted to. theyve stretched sooo much. they're my favorite pair of jeans easily haha.

I think that the whole sizing down thing just needs to be considered on a cut to cut basis.

Hi, I'm new here and decided to stop lurking and finally post!

Okay so I have a pair of NC sz 33 (true waist) 33.5-34 and after I soaked them after 3 months they fitted me perfect. Now I'm interested in getting PS but I dont know how they compare with NC. Any suggestions in sizing down 1 or 2 sizes? Oh, also how do the black PS fit to the indigo ones? do they stretch more or less?

If i size down 2 in NS, do i size down 2 in PS and NC or 1 in NC and PS?

my personal vote is size down two for ns/rescue, and no more than 2 in the other cuts. I mean if you really arent sure just go to contextclothing.com and check their measurements. the reason youre told to size down two is cause apc is vanity sized- meaning that the pants are actually larger than the tagged size. for example, my rescues ( a tagged sz 30) were in actuality a 32 when I got them. they're now like a 36 cause Ive worn them so long haha. just washed em! will post pics soon

hi. apc noob who just bought his first pair today..

i have a couple questions that maybe someone will be willing to help me out with.

1. i was wondering if i got the right fit? i tend to wear skinny jeans, but not skintight because while i like the silhouette of skinny jeans, i still like to have some breathing room. normally when i wear slim straight cuts, i can pull off a 32-33 depending on the brand, and with skinny jeans, i can usually only pull off a 32 if they have a bit of spandex in them or whatnot, so a 33 is probably my safest best in general. i wanted a pair of the PS, but the store only had a 32 and 30. no matter how hard i tried i couldn't get myself into the 30s, and the 32s fit too easily (relative to APC standards) then, i asked if i could simply get a pair of new cures since they are the slimmest fit and size up. i ended up with a pair of 32 NCs. technically that should stretch out to a 34 shouldnt it? but i bought it because right now, the jeans are skintight and i was only barely able to get the top 2 buttons buttoned. after a couple hours of wearing them, i was finally able to get all of the buttons, albeit not easily. since the waist is so tight and whatnot, i thought all things were looking good. however, why im worried is that the fit of the jeans look good as it is. like i said, though i dont tend to wear skinny jeans literally skintight, they look good right now, and i know theyre expected to stretch ALOT. i know this might be a vague description, but does it look like i made a wrong choice?

2. because they seem to be only sold in one inseam length, do most of you get your jeans hemmed or just wear them long and/or cuff them?

3. how long does it take for the jeans to stop stretching? i asked at the store and the answer i got was about a month, but that i could hem them next week once they start to get comfortable. they also said that the stretching doesnt affect the inseam. is this true? so a week after the purchase would be a safe time to hem them? would wearing a belt or not affect the stretching of the waist at all? i guess id like to minimize the stretching of the waist after a certain point since everyone seems to describe the jeans as if they stretch to ridiculous amounts.

4. though i know raw denim is for the purpose of your own unique fade, i kind of like the dark indigo to begin with, and so i think id prefer to have a slight, all around fade as time goes on. is there a certain way i should wash the jeans for that? i mean, i do want them to be unique, i just dont want my jeans to be as flashy as others' maybe. also, in what was do the "recipes" given by apc differ? for example, is the extremist recipe the one you want to use for the highest contrast and machine-wash for the lowest? also, i know that they shrink considerably in length when washing them. is this a permanent shrink? because i dont want to hem them now if in 6 months im going to lose another 2-3 inches...that would just ruin it for me. or is it a temporary shrink until you start wearing them again?

whoo that was a doozy

but hopefully someone on here is willing to help a noob out...

thanks!

hi. apc noob who just bought his first pair today..

i have a couple questions that maybe someone will be willing to help me out with.

whoo that was a doozy

but hopefully someone on here is willing to help a noob out...

thanks!

You're good with the fit.

Just stack? I'm 5'6 and didn't hem by PS, but I hemmed my NS cause the stacks looked dumb, but they looked fine on the PS

Just wear it and wash it when it feels dirty or smells bad. Wash more often for a more overall fade. I washed mine in the ocean and the inseam didn't shrink. These pants shouldn't shrink much cause they're sanforized

hope this was helpful.

Don't worry so much they're just pants.

so i've had my ns's (sized down about 3 to a 28) about a month and a half and decided to take some pics, there really isn't any noticeable fading in the pictures besides the wallet mark on the back pocket, but in person you can see some slight whiskers and honeycombs, though i can only notice them because i'm looking for them...CIMG3594.jpg

CIMG3595.jpg

-APC Rescue: I personally have not ever owned one of these, but from what I hear they are a fuller, straighter, and more utilitarian cut. Compared to the NS, the thigh is considerably wider, and from the knee down, the cut is very straight and accomodating. I have been told this is the cut for people with wider quads or thighs or even calves because it is cut to fit a fuller individual. It seems that many people size down 1-2 sizes from the tagged to achieve a comfortable look. Dunno if you can go tight with these like NS's or NC's, but if Rescue warer's want to chip in some info, I'll be happy to add it. They have a much wider leg opening, little to no taper across the board. Rescues are selvage with the visible selvage line like NS's.

[]

Picked up some rescues a couple weeks ago. I normally wear 32 or 33 but the guy in the store recommended that they be uncomfortable when I left the store. I ended up buying a 29, over about 8 days of constant wear they have stretched to a comfortable size and I love the fit. Tight in the quads (I do have larger quads) and a nice straight look down the rest. Love them so far.

Sup. Quick question folks. How much do black APC PS usually stretch?

Just got my pair in today. When I tried on a sz 28 over a year ago, the first was on point. Thing is I work out a ton and my legs have grown, so its a terrible fit. Although, I could see them working out if they stretched somewhat.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=197948

-F2D

^ i had a pair of black new standards that didn't stretch worth shit. it's the dye or something?

Picked up some rescues a couple weeks ago. I normally wear 32 or 33 but the guy in the store recommended that they be uncomfortable when I left the store. I ended up buying a 29, over about 8 days of constant wear they have stretched to a comfortable size and I love the fit. Tight in the quads (I do have larger quads) and a nice straight look down the rest. Love them so far.

i've only seen one picture of a guy sporting rescues. fit pics?

Sup. Quick question folks. How much do black APC PS usually stretch?

Just got my pair in today. When I tried on a sz 28 over a year ago, the first was on point. Thing is I work out a ton and my legs have grown, so its a terrible fit. Although, I could see them working out if they stretched somewhat.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=197948

-F2D

I think it was the black PS jeans that was actually deadstock Dior homme denim, not 100% sure though. In either case I have 19cm black raws, and they don't really stretch a great amount, at least parallel to the way APC's do. and yeah, black dye probably has an effect on the amount of stretching too.

i'm currently at 3x5@270 on linear progression. good to see that sufu has some weight lifters.

thanks for the reply guys. i'll find a place to try them on. i was about to rip through my eternals and have had to resort to sweatpants for awhile :o

Smolov son. 425lbs @ 190lbs, and that's only after base meso...

so...how much do the new cures typically shrink after a wash?

i have a 34 inseam, but am aiming for 30...but i need to compensate for the post wash shrinking dont i?

i dont want to hem them at 30 and then ahve them shrink 2 inches to a 28, which i cant wear

i mean i guess i could wash them to get the shrinkage first, and then hem...but thats stupid seeing as i bought them last week right? defeats the whole purpose

i cant just wear them or stack them because 4 inches is a bit too long to the point it looks silly

thanks for the opinion...getting a solid recommendation makes me feel more at ease

and really? just an inch? i've heard as much as 2-3 inches..but do they also shrink less at a shorter length? like would they shrink less after being hemmed to 31 as opposed to be like 34?

nothing fancy tbh, soaked them in the tub really hot for a bit then rinsed in the washer and put them in the dryer on "air dry" for like 20 minutes, then just stretched them back out.

then washed them again regular hot wash in the machine and air dry again in the dryer

nothing fancy tbh, soaked them in the tub really hot for a bit then rinsed in the washer and put them in the dryer on "air dry" for like 20 minutes, then just stretched them back out.

then washed them again regular hot wash in the machine and air dry again in the dryer

thanks! i just got my nc and im looking for a fade like yours - a bit long until i wash them, but it doesnt hurt knowing what to do early haha

I need some advice.

Had my APCs for like 4 and a half months. I basically fell into a ditch, and its not yet time for a wash. I tried a sort of half-hearted warm soak to get rid of the mud, it kinda worked but they still have a lot of crap on them. Any thoughts?

get em back in the tub and scrub them. use a little detergent/soap and a washcloth to get the crap out. a hot soak will lift the dirt out better than just a warm one will, and honestly you wont have very much indigo loss if they just sit in the water. a soak is just for like... getting the grime out and shrinking a little