A.P.C.

jeepster

I bought these with about 20 wears and have put another 20 wears on them myself. I measured my waist and got 32.5 and wasn't sure if i should round up or down for sizing. I thought I could get away with it since they were already partly stretched. I measured my waist were these sit and it is 33"(looks like i measured too high) Some of the seams are pulling pretty tightly and stepping over things is a bit of a chore. So should I try and find some 30s or stick with the 29s

th_DSCN0710.jpg

th_DSCN0712.jpg

ok so I just grabbed some new standards in black from APC catalogue. They fit just like my indigo did at first, a little more comfortable and less stiff, but GODDAMN the new button blows! I want to know...whose idea at APC was that? What people saw and felt the result and signed off on it?

Because I want to go personally slap them in the face. I hate how thin it is now and how it's some wierd 2-piece thing that rattles flimsily. The flat face and thin button make it look cheap and the rattling makes me feel like i'm pulling on cheap jeans.

I'm sure that after a week I won't even notice and won't mind. But a detail like that on a 160$ jean that i'm going to wear for at least 180 days and probably more is kind of a big deal. In a niche market where details make the difference from brand to brand, you just shouldn't do something like that, however relatively "entry-level" you are. Minor annoyances make justifying spending that much on a piece of casual clothing so much more difficult.

Rant over.

edit: just so no one considering buying apc freaks out, when the button is actually buttoned it doesn't rattle. just pulling them on/off

I have been buying new standards since 05 and they have always had that obnoxious rattle.

So I've read about 90% of this 289 page post, I've been debating on which APC's I want to pickup for my 1st pair. NS or NC, and I'm going with NC. Just want to make sure I have everything down correctly, if I'm 30-31 waist, 29 sounds about right for NC's, right?

Also denimbaronline.com is pretty much the best spot to order from correct?

Ok, so im about to buy my first pair of APCs, but i just want to make sure im going to get the fit im looking for. Im a true waist of 32, and im looking for a fit similar to thinn finns. Should i go for a PS size 29? or a NS size 28? All help is appreciated, thanks.

(btw im a size 29 in thinn finns)

So I just went the Mercer store and picked up my first pair of size 29 NS. I'm a ~33 true waist (I usually wear a 31 in Levi's). The thing is, when I tried them on in the store I could button them up with a little bit of struggling, they're tight but not uber-constrictingly so. The waist fits pretty snug now and it's only been about a day of wear, and now I'm just thinking that I should go back and exchange them for a 28 instead.

You guys with more experience think it's worth it to go back and go one more size down for the ball-busting fit that'll stretch out, or stick with what I got and hope for the best?

Got my APC NS size 28 (normally size 30) and damn: baaarely 2 buttons on the 1st wear. They are stiff as hell, but this is my 1st real pair of selvedge 12 oz. denim.

sufu014tu8.jpg

Right on

*Edit: the NS also has that rickity rackity buttony. No bother when it's button'd.

**Edit: I need to stop reading A Clockwork Orange before I get on SuFu...

aaarright.. finally soaking my NSs.. its been about 8 months, but they really have only seen about 3 months of light wear. but i rode my bike in the pouring rain, and got mud all in them and shit so i figured i'd try to get some off.

pics later, not that theyre going to be special..