A.P.C.

jeepster

Nah, air them, put them in the freezer if needed in case of some odour, a little smell (and usually it's really not half as bad as some people seem to imagine) should never deter a real denim head.

My hunch is that even the 7 month mark may be rather early in your case, but that can obviously be decided when the time comes.

I washed mine early (after 4, maybe 5 months) because they got dirty, but something amazing happened when i did such.. They began to show wear (aka fading) about 2 or 3 times faster. This is due to the shrinking back to original size that occurs when the denim is washed (or so i'm guessing). I'm at less than a year and I think they may look better than they would've without the wash, but that is purely speculation. So I am a big fan of the 7-month mark.

royshay - I like the fit. I say wash when it starts to smell funky

Cosign. Clean jeans are better than nasty jeans. I think the amount of wear/fading and smell is a better benchmark than a certain number of months to determine when to wash.

Cosign. Clean jeans are better than nasty jeans. I think the amount of wear/fading and smell is a better benchmark than a certain number of months to determine when to wash.

But you can put em in a bag and put em in the freezer for how long(can someone let me know) or let them air out in the night cold inside/out. Wondering it will probably still be dirty but does it kill the smell for sure because i'm deciding on getting new cures or petit standards and i wanna wear atleast for 6 months before the first wash.

Freezer works just fine for me. Overnight does the trick, but longer does not harm. I've left some jeans in the freezer for weeks this season (before they were supposed to go to a repair job for heavy crotch damage).

But you can put em in a bag and put em in the freezer for how long(can someone let me know) or let them air out in the night cold inside/out. Wondering it will probably still be dirty but does it kill the smell for sure because i'm deciding on getting new cures or petit standards and i wanna wear atleast for 6 months before the first wash.

what you guys think? any way to minimize the knee buldge? i think it looks like im wearing knee pads. haha. and is it ok to iron these? maybe its too long? and i've been wearing these like 2 months like 1-2 a wk dont really have time to wear them much, i sleep in them sometimes also.

apc ns sz.28

SU1HMDAzOTAtMjAxMDA3MTMtMjEyOS5qcGc.jpg

SU1HMDAzODgtMjAxMDA3MTMtMjEyOS5qcGc.jpg

Hey Shoe *grin- isn't that the domain of women, to be so heavy into shoes, and we guys have our denim thing ???*

Only thing that comes to my mind is trying with a larger cuff, as they seem to be quite long and that may at least contribute to that knee bulge. Also wear wear wear, as the fabric becomes softer, the unwelcome bulge will get less obtrusive.

Sleeping in them -while I haven't done it in a long time-I find always cool, in a "rocker on the road" kind of way. Had I been your sales guy, I would have advised one size smaller!

And I almost forgot: obviously you will not iron them, I hope. That would be so non-denimhead, nerdy, uncool!

Please!

dammn one sz. smaller??? these already tight enough, i can barely stick my hands in the pockets. men can be into sneakers also, they're called sneaker heads. im slowly becoming a denim head. and i wasn't going to iron the whole jeans just the knee part. thanks for your help though.

Ok so I just got my Petit Standards in the mail. Firstly, it's cool to finally hold some APCs. Problem is however, the fit on these is awesome but I had a lot of trouble getting even the very bottom 2 buttons done at this point, though I have only been wearing them for about 10 minutes. If I wear these around for a couple days is this going to fix itself or am I probably going to have to return them and size up? I would really love to keep the ones I have now because every other part of the jean fits perfectly.

I never understood why APC has this crazy vanity sizing. I also think you'll be fine. In the past when I had trouble closing the top button of my jeans, I simply wore them with a belt and left the darn button open, works fine and is hardly noticeable.

Yeah, I sized down quite a bit. I normally wear a 30x32 and I got size 26 PS. I'm loving the fit aside from the waist so given the rest of them don't stretch too much these should be perfect.

not that crazy ppl just cant seem to understand its a two size difference, no one has as many problems with stf denim yet i think that would be harder

Not in my experience. Probably depends on what format/software/pic server you use. I use tinypic which has a mostly reliable resizing option. Always got the size posted here that I wanted (after very early try-outs where I first had to learn a bit...).

Good luck with your soaking and the little suspense of putting them on again afterwards.